Subject: AIX 3.2.5 installation

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Packman)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 15:11:05 -0700

I am trying to install postgres 4.2 on an aix 3.2.5 system
with xlc 1.3.0.16.  The "aix" target seems to invoke "xlc"
with:

     -DUSE_AIA  -D_BSD \
     -D_PATH_DEFSYSMK=\"`pwd`/mk-proto/sys.mk\" \
     -D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH=\"`pwd`/mk-proto\"

The first thing to compile is the "bmake" program and the first
few errors are:

        xlc  -DUSE_AIA  -D_BSD  -D_PATH_DEFSYSMK=\"`pwd`/mk-proto/sys.mk\"  -D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH=\"`pwd`/mk-proto\" -I. -c arch.c buf.c compat.c cond.c dir.c hash.c job.c main.c make.c  parse.c str.c suff.c targ.c var.c  setenv.c
arch.c:
"arch.c", line 454.8: 1506-068 (S) Operation between types pointer and integer is not allowed.
"arch.c", line 626.8: 1506-068 (S) Operation between types pointer and integer is not allowed.

If anyone could shed light on this and/or how to compile the package for
aix 4.1 and xlC.C 3.1.1.0, I would be greatly appreciative.  Thanks.
							Dan Packman
							[email-masked]

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/