Subject: postgres,illustra comparison

From: Todd Shutts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 08:54:56 -0500

Someone recently mentioned an article comparing Postgres and Illustra,
Could someone point me to this article?

-todd

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: "Jean T. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 09:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Could someone point me to this article?

it is at

  s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:/pub/sequoia/dba/illustra/info/Postgres_Illustra.ps

This is a ~68k postscript file. If you have trouble getting to s2k-ftp
(they are involved in a move), let me know and I'll email it to anyone who 
wants it.

 -jean

---

From: Paul Waine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 12:13:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

	I was wondering what the situation was with regard to composite object
in version 4.2.  Are they still supported via function definition or can they
be directly specified ? Is the situation the same with Illustra ?

Thanks in Advance 
Paul

     +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
     |Paul Waine	         		E-mail [email-masked] |
     |Department of Manufacturing Engineering                             |
     |University of Technology, Loughborough, Leics, LE11 3UE, UK         |
     +--------------------------------------------------------------------+