Subject: something like Ingres "help" command?

From: Dan Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 1994 21:01:36 -0700 (PDT)

Here's pair of good newbie question:

Is there a Postgres equivalent to the Ingres "help" command?  That is, a 
command that will display the structure of a class. 

How something like the Ingres "range"?  Is there a way to establish an 
alias for a class?

						Thanks in advance,
						Dan Haskell

"Sire, plague and pestilence stalk the land like, er, two huge stalking things."
					- Black Adder III

email: [email-masked]                                  vox: (503) 257-9042

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 22:58:10 -0700

> command that will display the structure of a class. 

no, but there are some easy queries to answer this listed in the user 
manual (and in src/examples/chapter15).

> How something like the Ingres "range"?  Is there a way to establish an 

nope, just the "from" clause.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776      |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki