Subject: front end to postgres

From: [email-masked] (Timothy Williams)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 93 14:46:49 EST

I've heard that there exists a front-end to postgres called "spog".  Can
anyone tell me where I can ftp it?  Are there any other front ends out there
that would make postgres more user-friendly?  (X applications a plus!)  I'm
looking for something that queries the database and also has some
functionality to it w/o having to write a C function for everything. For
example, if I had a query to retrieve all the items in a table within a
range of values, how do I count how many are retrieved?

Such as:

"How many tanks are in the database between 2000 and 4500 meters?"

Thanks in advance for any help.
-- 
Tim Williams                                   COM: (703) 704-1685
Night Vision & Electro-Optics Directorate      DSN: 654-1685
AMSEL-RD-NV-ISP (Williams)                     FAX: (703) 704-1705
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060-5677                  E-MAIL: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 93 10:45:02 -0800

> I've heard that there exists a front-end to postgres called "spog". 

You may try 

ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de [134.169.34.15]:/pub/local/spog-1.1.tar.Z

Alan.