Subject: Surrogates

From: Ed Flowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 11:51:50 PDT

I've seen alot of mail lately about anomolies with surrogates, or
surrogates not working at all.  I have ported Postgres 3.0 to System V, and I 
am seeing similar anomolies.  When using the dewitt benchmark to proof my port
I always get: 

	> WARN:Oct 10 11:43:12:parser: syntax error at or near "from"

where the query is:

	retrieve into temp (t.all) from t in tenk1 where (t.unique2 > 301) and (t.unique2 < 402)

Could I be having a memory management problem, and the parser just reports
a syntax error, or is there really a syntax error ?? Has anybody seen this 
behavior ?? The platform is Sequent Symmetry S/81 running Dynix/ptx 1.3.

	Thanks in advance,

	Ed Flowers

-- 
________________________________________________________________________________

Ed Flowers				Internet: [email-masked]
Software Engineer 			UUCP:     ..!sequent!edf
Sequent Computer Systems
15450 S.W. Koll Parkway			Phone:    (503) 578-5341
Mail Stop RHE2-774			Fax:	  (503) 578-7569
Beaverton, OR 97006-6063

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
		- Albert Einstein

Disclaimer:"These are my own opinions, except when they ain't"
________________________________________________________________________________