Subject: rtree access method implementation

From: [email-masked] (Banco de Dados Ambiental)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 91 11:16:42 -0700

I am interested in the study of rtree access method concepts
implementation, to use it in the DOS operating system along with
CodeBase (a library for Dbase functions callable from 'C' programs).
I would find it very helpfull to have some hints on papers and all
disposable documentation someone could suggest us to browse.
Thanks forward!
Joao Pedro (INPE/DPI-Brazil)

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike Olson)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 91 13:11:56 PDT

> implementation ...

rtrees and their manipulation are presented in "rtrees:  a storage structure
for spatial indexing" by tony guttman in the 1984 sigmod proceedings (this
citation is from memory, so the title may be slightly different.  i don't
know why every copy of every tech paper i have disappears from my shelves).

					mike olson
					postgres research group
					uc berkeley
					[email-masked]