Subject: append

From: [email-masked] (Sudheer R. Vangati)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 06:08:25 -0700

I am saving all the tuple values in an array and then trying to append
using the PQexec function.
1) only the first four characters of the tuple value is getting stored
under a field.
2) it is not recognizing the where qualification (when I use append in the
Pqexec  function).It works fine (i.e recognizes the where qualification)
when I use replace instead of append.

Am I missing something?
By the way, all my fields are of type text.
Thanx in advance.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 92 08:47:26 PDT

> when I use replace instead of append.

it's not clear what you're describing here.  could you send us the
program you're having trouble with?

in general, append doesn't take a qualification unless you refer to
other tables in the target list.
					mike olson
					project sequoia 2000
					uc berkely
					[email-masked]