From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 93 16:18:44 -0800

William H. Dailey
Subject: Porting Postgres Subject: Porting Postgres
To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

From:
*** Resending note of 01/04/93 16:03
From:
To: SMTP    --ISCPSF

From: William H. Dailey
Subject: Porting Postgres
In message id: <[email-masked]>
Christoph P. U. Kukulies urges porting postgres to 386BSD.
I would rather hope to see it ported to QNX4. QNX4 shares
code and shared data is programmable. QNX4 shares code
just fine on the ancient IBM PC AT, circa 1985, in my office.
The QNX4 microkernel is quite small, less than 8K, so it can
run in the on chip cache of a 80486. Though small, the
microkernel includes network interface. That, plus the fact
that it is a message passing system, lets QNX4 share more
resources across a LAN than most other network operating
systems. QNX4 is POSIX compliant if that means anything. They
also try to be compilant with other U. S. government standards.