Subject: solaris 2.3 binaries

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 03:50:22 -0700

because solaris 2.3 comes without a working C compiler, a tar file 
containing prebuilt binaries for solaris 2.3 has been placed in the 
directory

ftp://s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/postgres/postgres-v4r2/SOLARIS-2.3

the tar file is rather large because it also contains source and
binaries for gcc-2.5.8 with frank delahoyde's change.  (we are told 
that the next FSF release will contain this change.)  hence you can
drop the whole distribution into /usr/local/postgres, point your 
PATH at it and go.

it would have been nice to do the same for HP-UX (which also comes
without a working compiler) but the gnu stuff isn't quite there yet 
(there's no shared library support, so dynamic loading won't work).
oh, well.
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776)
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================