Subject: problem using delete

From: [email-masked] (Djamal Bennouar)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 91 13:09:55 -0800

Dear Postgres Designers

 recorded more than two thousands instance of a class named Ports.
When I retrieve them all seems to work fine. But when i tried to clear
my database via libpq or via monitor I got the following error message:

Query sent to backend is "delete Ports "
WARN:Nov 26 15:48:53:heapgettup: failed RelationGetBuffer

 here is a complete example with retrieve followed by a delete

BENNOUAR[43]monitor bennouar
Welcome to the C POSTGRES terminal monitor

Go
* retrieve (Ports.all)where Ports.componentName = "add-1211"\g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (Ports.all)where Ports.componentName = "add-1211""
---------------------------------------------------------
| fatherId    | name        | componentName| netName     |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 37742       | In-4        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 37742       | In-3        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 37742       | In-2        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 37742       | In-1        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 44942       | In-4        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 44942       | In-3        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 44942       | In-2        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 44942       | In-1        | add-1211    | UnConnected |
---------------------------------------------------------

Go
* delete Ports \g

Query sent to backend is "delete Ports "
WARN:Nov 26 16:04:49:heapgettup: failed RelationGetBuffer

Go
*

Is it possible to avoid such a problem?

Djamal BENNOUAR
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal