Subject: large objects

From: [email-masked] (Ray E. Flanery Jr)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 12:32:52 -0400

are there any tutorials or exaples available on using large objects
as attributes?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Raymond E. Flanery Jr., Director
             Advanced Visualization Research Center, ORNL
 (615)574-0630                                     [email-masked] 
 (615)574-0680 fax                        http://www.epm.ornl.gov/~flanery/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Cleveland Browns
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "When the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more,
another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again."
                           --- William Beebe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
               "Loyalty above all else, except honor"  ---  ??

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 13:18:56 -0700

> are there any tutorials or exaples available on using large objects

i stuck some short examples in 
	ftp://s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/postgres/contrib/LO-examples
though they're not particularly tutorial in nature.  at least one of
them may need some minor syntax changes (due to being written against
the version of the query language in a previous release).
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776