Subject: "not enough memory for hashjoin" in simple request

From: Stuart Pook <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 92 20:16:15 +0200

I am trying to do a simple join from the two system tables "pg_type"
and "pg_attribute" in an empty database and I get the error message
"not enough memory for hashjoin".  I am using a Sun Sparc and POSTGRES
v3.1.  The screen dump shows you what is happening.  What I am heading
for is a list of each table and field in the database plus eventually
its type.  Is there another way to do this?

$ /usr/postgres/bin/createdb stuart
$ monitor stuart
Welcome to the C POSTGRES terminal monitor

Go 
* retrieve (pg_type.typname, pg_attribute.attname)
        where pg_type.typname !~ "pg.*"
        and pg_type.typrelid = pg_attribute.attrelid
        and pg_attribute.attnum > 0 \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (pg_type.typname, pg_attribute.attname)         where pg_type.typname !~ "pg.*"         and pg_type.typrelid = pg_attribute.attrelid         and pg_attribute.attnum > 0 "
WARN:Jun 24 20:08:28:not enough memory for hashjoin.

Go 
* retrieve (pg_type.typname, pg_attribute.attname)
        where pg_type.typname !~ "pg.*"
        and pg_type.typrelid = pg_attribute.attrelid \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (pg_type.typname, pg_attribute.attname)         where pg_type.typname !~ "pg.*"         and pg_type.typrelid = pg_attribute.attrelid "
-----------------------------
| typname     | attname     |
-----------------------------

Go