Subject: change acl command

From: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 15:05:10 +0900

Hi,

Question regarding change acl command:

[sras52]t-ishii{92} ~postgres/bin/monitor tosho
Welcome to the C POSTGRES terminal monitor

Go 
* change acl t-ishii=arwR tosho\g

Query sent to backend is "change acl t-ishii=arwR tosho"
WARN:Feb 23 15:02:09:aclparse: mode flags must use "arwR"

Could someone point me what is wrong?

BTW, I'm running Postgres v4r1 on SS10. Thanks in advance,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA, Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 18:30:15 -0800

> * change acl t-ishii=arwR tosho\g

hmm.  current valid postgres usernames are the same as postgres 
identifiers, namely, character strings of the form
	[_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*
the final release has already been frozen; this isn't going to
get fixed soon (at least, not until the solaris patchkit comes out).
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki