Subject: SGI port

From: Bill Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 93 06:43:48 CDT

Has anybody ported postgres to a Silicon Graphics?

-------

          Bill Taylor			Systems Programmer
Internet: [email-masked] 	Space Science and Engineering Center
    Uucp: uwvax!skool.ssec!bt		University of Wisconsin
   Phone: (608)262-8659			1225 W. Dayton
     Fax: (608)262-5974			Madison, WI 53706

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 24 May 93 09:01:55 -0700

> Has anybody ported postgres to a Silicon Graphics?

(there were some updates to this anyway..)

                       Paul's Private POSTGRES Port-list
                               $Revision: 0.6 $

If  no  FTP  site  is  listed, send mail to the contact person to ascertain the
availability of the code.  Be aware that some of the contact points  are  free-
lance  consultants  who  have  paid  UC  good money for their commercialization
licences, so you may have to pay to get their code.

"In progress" means two things: it's a 4.1 port, and you probably won't be able
to get a copy until it's done.

The old Sun-3 (MC68020, SunOS 3 and 4), Sequent Symmetry (80386, Dynix 3.0) and
Sprite ports are no longer available.

The state of the world is still a bit chaotic because of the earth-shaking tree
reorganization.   The chance of us folding 4.0.1 ports into our development 4.1
tree and getting it 100% right are slim, if we can't test the result because we
don't own one of the target machines.

These are not official policy statements from, or endorsements by, the POSTGRES
research group.  I work here, but I don't run things.

vendor  cpu        os            postgres       contact
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEC     MIPS       Ultrix 4.2+   4.1            Berkeley
                                                FTP: postgres.berkeley.edu
DEC     Alpha AXP  OSF/1         (in progress)  Berkeley
H-P     PA-RISC    HP-UX 8.07    4.0.1          Richard Turnbull
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                FTP: ftp.csc.liv.ac.uk
H-P     PA-RISC    HP-UX 8.07    (in progress)  Richard Turnbull
                                                ([email-masked])
H-P     PA-RISC    HP-UX 8.07    (in progress)  Berkeley (if someone doesn't
                                                beat us to it -- either way,
                                                UCB will be supporting HP-UX
                                                in future releases)
IBM     RS/6000    AIX 3.2       4.0.1[1]       Rafael Morales Gamboa
                                                ([email-masked])
IBM     RS/6000    AIX 3.2       (in progress)  Anuradha M. Sastri
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      386bsd        4.0.1[2]       Igor Bartchenkov
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                George B. Kouznetsov
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      Linux 0.99.7  4.0.1[3]       Kai Petzke
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                FTP: ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de
                                                FTP: tsx-11.mit.edu
Intel   80386      SCO ODT 2.0   (in progress)  Lance Ellinghouse
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      SVR4          4.0.1          Robert Withrow
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      SVR4          4.0.1          Neil McQuaig
                                                ([email-masked])
NeXT    68040      NeXTSTEP 3.0  (in progress)  Gerben Wierda
                                                ([email-masked])
SGI     MIPS       Irix          3.1            Rowland Johnson
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                FTP: vogon.llnl.gov
Sun     Sparc      SunOS 4.1     4.1            Berkeley
                                                FTP: postgres.berkeley.edu
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] No dynamic loader.
[2] Single-user.
[3] Inversion file system not tested.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki