Subject: Bus error

From: Kenji Okamoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 12:53:32 +0900

I reported I had the Bus error message from my Postgres4.1 + SunOS4.1.3_U1,
when I sent the create command as follows;
	create imgindex (spacecraft=text, mission=text, target=text,
	imageID=text, imageNo=float4, imageTime=text, receiveTime=text,
	instrument=text, scan=text, shutter=text, gain=text, edit=text,
	filter=text, filterNo=int4, exposure=float4, note=text, bitmask=text,
	anomaly=text, CDvolume=text, filename=text, browseCD=text,
	browseFilename=text).

Recently, I up-graded my Postgres to 4.2, but still have the same Bus
error message.   Although I have this error message, I can deal with
database based on this tupple structure.

Kenji

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kenji Okamoto     |  e-mail      [email-masked]
 ______  __ |__   |  Universiy of Osaka Prefecture, Dept. of Earth Science,
|__\/__|   /|\    |  Gakuen-cho 1 - 1, Sakai, Osaka 593, Japan
||_|_| |  /-|-\   |  old e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 13:50:15 -0700

Kenji Okamoto <[email-masked]> writes:
> 	browseFilename=text)

i just cut-and-pasted this query into a monitor and it ran ok.
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776