Subject: memory driver

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 19:03:24 MET DST

Hi postgresser,

since I got no reply on my first try, here comes my second....

somewhere in the users manual there's something mentioned about a memory driver
for postgres;
will it be implemented in a later version or is there a posibility to get it
for version 4.1 or 4.2 ?

greetinX,
	Thilo.

    +-------------------------------------------+
    |                Thilo Gaul                 |
    | Institut fuer Betriebs- und Dialogsysteme |
    |          University of Karlsruhe          |
    |              76128 Karlsruhe              |
    |                  Germany                  |
    +-------------------------------------------+
    |         Phone:  ++49 721 608-4383         |
    +-------------------------------------------+

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: "Andrew K. Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 11:26:52 -0700

> will it be implemented in a later version or is there a posibility to get it
	
It should be in the 4.1 and 4.2 source. The storage manager module for stable
main memory can be found in src/backend/storage/smgr/mm.c. You need to turn
on the -DSEQUOIA flag in src/Makefile.global to use it.

-andrew