Subject: createdb error

From: [email-masked] (Postgres)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 09:11:58 -0800

After some days, I had finally a compiled and linked Postgres's programs
in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.2.  So I was very happy, and tried the creation
of my first database:

% setenv POSTGRESHOME ~postgres
% postmaster &
[1] 18929
% createdb postgres
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 83
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 75
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 81
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 71
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 90
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 99
NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 100
WARN:Dec 11 10:07:51:heap_beginscan: !RelationIsValid(relation)
/usr/postgres/bin/createdb: database creation failed on postgres.
%

Any suggestion?

Rafael Morales Gamboa
ITESM Campus Morelos
Cuernavaca, Mor.
MEXICO

INTERNET: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 12:12:18 -0800

Excerpts from internet.postgres: 11-Dec-92 createdb error
[email-masked] (955)

> in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.2

Could you make the diffs or source code for this available to the net in
general? I'm running 3.1.5, but I suspect it will be easier to make that
leap than the leap from generic postgres to AIX anything.anything.

TIA,
			-- Sean

--
                         Sean Levy, n-dim Group
                 Engineering Design Research Center, CMU

    US Mail: 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
    Email: [email-masked]  (MIME and ATK accepted)
    Phones: +1 412 268 {5217(lab),5221(ans.mach.),5229(fax)}