Subject: Number of instances

From: [email-masked] (Bernd Froehlich)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 15:43:25 +0200

I'm sure there is a way to get the number of instances in a class.
Unfortunately I don't know it. Who can give me a hint?

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 10:34:31 -0700

> Unfortunately I don't know it. Who can give me a hint?

the section in the reference manual on built-in functions describes
the built-in aggregates (such as they are).

retrieve (x = count{foo.oid})
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776