Subject: string arrays

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 92 11:56:59 -0700

I've been trying to define a string array type - without much success

I've looked at the documentation for the define circle type - but
still don't understand how all the values in a single array for a
record can be returned.

The C declaration for the type I'm trying to store is :

char str[15][20];

Has anyone managed to define a type for text string arrays, if so I'd
be very happy to hear from you ?

Thanks in advance

Ed

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 92 08:24:54 PDT

> be very happy to hear from you ?

There are some array bugs in 3.1 that have been fixed and will be released
with the next version (in June).  One of the fixes includes a problem with
text arrays.  The way I would normally recommend defining the above structure
is

	define foo (str = text[15])

alternatively you could define a char20 adt and do:

	define foo (str = char20[15])

Unfortunately I think there was a bug fix for this type of array definition
as well... (i.e. arrays of adt's bigger than 4 bytes).

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]