Subject: Bus error

From: Kenji Okamoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 1994 11:23:17 +0900

When I tried to make new class on jupiter database using the 3M's pg_exec.c
program, I got a error message of "Bus error".  However, the new class imgindex
had been created.  I wonder whether this error message is harmless.

The create command I have sent is as follows:

create imgindex (spacecraft=text, mission=text, target=text, imageID=text,
    imageNo=float4, imageTime=text, receiveTime=text, instrument=text,
    scan=text, shutter=text, gain=text, edit=text, filter=text, filterNo=int4,
    exposure=float4, note=text, bitmask=text, anomaly=text, CDvolume=text,
    filename=text, browseCD=text, browseFilename=text)

I'm using Postgres4.1 on SunOS 4.1.3_U1(English version), the postgres itself
is working properly for the other database/classes.

Kenji

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kenji Okamoto     |  e-mail      [email-masked]
 ______  __ |__   |  Universiy of Osaka Prefecture, Dept. of Earth Science,
|__\/__|   /|\    |  Gakuen-cho 1 - 1, Sakai, Osaka 593, Japan
||_|_| |  /-|-\   |  old e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================