Subject: writing BLIND

From: [email-masked] (Eric de Jonge)
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 10:40:20 +0200 (MET DST)

Using destroydb, something happened.
What's the problem? ~:^(

ejonge@tpdbbs> destroydb jurgen
WARN:May 27 10:33:34:cannot write block 0 of tabel [jurgen] blind
destroydb: database destroy failed on jurgen.
ejonge@tpdbbs> destroydb jurgen
WARN:May 27 10:33:47:cannot write block 1 of tabel [jurgen] blind
destroydb: database destroy failed on jurgen.
ejonge@tpdbbs> destroydb jurgen
WARN:May 27 10:33:53:cannot write block 2 of tabel [jurgen] blind
destroydb: database destroy failed on jurgen.
		   .
                   .
		   .

Thanks,
-- 
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/ Eric de Jonge               _/ Phone: +31 15-692225                  _/
_/ TNO-TPD SV                 _/ Fax: +31 15-692111                     _/
_/                           _/ P.O.Box 155                            _/
_/ Email: [email-masked] _/ 2600 AD Delft, The Netherlands         _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_//_/_/_/_/_/_/

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 02:02:27 -0700

> WARN:May 27 10:33:34:cannot write block 0 of tabel [jurgen] blind

cure: stop the postmaster and restart it.

sometimes buffers for dead databases just don't flush out of 
the buffer cache.  haven't got a clue as to what causes it. :-(
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki