Subject: libpq programming

From: Tim Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 22:01:26 +0100

Hello all...

I'm interested in using the libpq programming interface, but I can't seem 
to compile any of the 'C' samples that came with the package. I tried to 
compile the /sample makefile, but I get the following error "ld: No such 
file or directory for libipc". I tried to compile some of my own  stuff 
and got into a nightmare in misplaced include files. I'm very green to 
programming in a unix environment ( I grew up in the polished Borland C++ 
World ), so unix makefiles are new to me. 

Three Questions...

1: Is there a problem with my installation ( even though I have no 
problem with the raw database monitor interface)

2: Is there a problem with the makefiles 

3: Are there libpq programming interfaces for other languages (Perl!!)

Could someone please help me with this.( maybe some simple source and a 
makefile).

Thanks...
  -Tim Smith