Subject: installing 4.2 on alpha

From: Sylvia de Hoop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 16:55:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

We have tried to install Postgres 4.2 on a dec alpha. Compilation
seemed to be successfully, but we encountered a problem trying to 
create the initial database:

Alpha-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed(axp10) # echo $PATH
/home/g13/u2/postgres/alpha/v4r2/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/home/g13/u2/postgres/alpha/v4r2/
tools/bin
Wed(axp10) # setenv PGDATA ~postgres/alpha/v4r2/data
Wed(axp10) # which initdb
/home/g13/u2/postgres/alpha/v4r2/bin/initdb
Wed(axp10) # initdb
WARN:May 25 12:29:11:pg_atoi: error reading "6": Result too large
        syntax error 20 : syntax error  syntax error 20 : syntax error  syntax error 20 : syntax error  syntax error 20 : s
yntax error     syntax error 20 : syntax error  syntax error 20 : syntax error  syntax error 20 : syntax error  syntax erro
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone ? Thanks.

Sylvia de Hoop

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================