Subject: Problem: Sparc won't link "monitor"

From: The POSTGRES database system <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 92 20:47:17 MET

I am bringing PostGres up on our SPARC [sun4] machines, but I have a
problem regarding the monitor program.

When compiling everything Make complains:

  linking monitor
  ld: Undefined symbol
     ___builtin_saveregs
  *** Error code 2
  make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `/usr/local/lib/postgres/obj.sparc/support/monitor'
  done

(All other modules compile nice and pure)

Apparently this can be fixed by adjusting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
something that contains this function, but I do not know to what.

Are there somebody who has a working SPARC PostGres, who has the
kindness to help me with this.  Any hint or pointer towards a cure will
be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

--
Thorbj{\o}rn Ravn Andersen
[email-masked]
--