Subject: Creating large object files

From: [email-masked] (Raj Vadakkencherry)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 10:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

 I'm creating a number of large objects from the libpq interface using p_creat.
 I use an internal counter to assign unique unix filenames to these objects - 
 such as 1<filename>, 2<filename>, 3<filename> etc. -
 although the objects themselves are only visible under the postgres data/base
 directory (with filenames starting with LO..., because I use the Unix mode
 in p_creat.)

 The problem I have is this:
 After creating 255 large objects, the p_creat call fails. Is there any
 internal limit on the number of objects I can create like this ? 

Thanks,

Raj. 

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================