Subject: OID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 05:52:35 -0700

Dear POstgres Group,

 is there an easy way to get the "internal" object id from postgres of
the last processed object (in my case: the latest object from an append
commend) without retrieving it. I'm looking for in the programming
environment

Thanks,
  Uwe Jasnoch

+-----------------+-----------------------+-------------------------------+
|                 |                       |                               |
|  U   U   JJJJJ  | Uwe Jasnoch           |  E-Mail : [email-masked]  |
|  U   U       J  | Fraunhofer Institute  |                               |
|  U   U       J  | for Computer Graphics |  Telefon: +49 6151 155 257    |
|  U   U   J   J  |                       |  Telefax: +49 6151 155 299    |
|  UUUUU    JJJJ  | Wilhelminenstr. 7     |                               |
|                 | 6100 Darmstadt        |                               |
+-----------------+-----------------------+-------------------------------+

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 16:44:25 PDT

> commend) without retrieving it. I'm looking for in the programming

This is something that is often requested, and I'm supposed to be looking
into returning oids as part of the "CAPPEND" string passed back to the
program (I had forgotten).  Currently, the only way to do it is to retrieve
the oid of whatever you just appended (assumes you have some way of uniquely
identifying the tuple).

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]