Subject: arrays

From: [email-masked] (Sudheer R. Vangati)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 12:44:15 -0700

Hi! 

is there a function in postgres that can be used to retrieve unique
attribute values from an array?

I retrieved the attributes and their values from a class using PQgetvalue()
function and stored them in an array. The values have duplicates in them
and i want to retrieve unique values. Any function in postgres which does that?

Thanx in advance.

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 14:17:39 PDT

>and i want to retrieve unique values. Any function in postgres which does that?

Your question is a little ambiguous.  Postgres supports the 'retrieve unique'
command which will eliminate any duplicate tuples in the final results returned
to the front-end.  Is this what you mean?

e.g.	retrieve unique (foo.all)

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]