Subject: regression Test Failing.

From: Chad Harvey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 17:40:25 -0700

Well, I installed Postgres 4.2 on a Sun4c running 4.1.2 and the compile 
whet fine, but when i ran the regression test, it bails on the regression
queries saying there is no database. 

I installed it, ran initdb, ran the postmaster (-S), added myself as a
user and did the bmake clean all runtest. I'm pretty sure I have done
everything asked. I did the regression test as myself.

The thing that totally boggles me is that I can run the next line in the
regress.sh shell script by hand and it doesn't complain that the
regression database is missing. I've beat my head over this for about a
week, and tried re-installing.

Any ideas?

Chad Harvey					[email-masked]
UnixOps						University of Colorado
(303)-492-6096					Boulder, Colorado 80309
============================================================================
"Practice random kindness			"Visualize whirrled peas"
and sensless acts of beauty"			"Relax, Have a Homebrew!"
============================================================================

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 20:23:51 -0800

> queries saying there is no database. 

there is a patch to postmaster.c in
	s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:/pub/postgres/unofficial-patches/2
that may (or may not) help.
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776