From: [email-masked] (Raghavan Chakraavarti 341-8523)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 18:17:28 +0600

Hi,
 
 I am Comp.Sc Masters student at the Univ. of Missouri, Rolla. I am planning
 to do a Masters thesis in databases. I am planning to use Postrgres as the
 backend database. My server program will access the database. The client will
 present the data using Motif GUI. The client will get the data from the server
 program by communicating thru TCP/IP sockets.
 I have'nt done something like this before, so it's my first major venture.
 
 I just want that somebody who has this kind of experience in Postgres to 
 advise me whether this can be accomplished using Postrges 4.2.

 I will be working in Sun SPARC, Solaris 2.3. 

 I also have one more doubt about the C compiler to be used. Recently I saw
 in this group that Postres can't be compiled using GNU 2.6.0 C compiler. Is
 this true, since we have a GNU 2.6.0 C compiler. I think other than this we 
 have a SPARC compiler C 3.0.

 Thanx in advance
 Raghavan Chakravarti

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================