Subject: PQsetdb(), PQdb(), etc.

From: Lance Gatrell (303) 977-2052 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 09:43:20 -0700

In Postgres 4.0.1, why can't I find the definition (ie, call) the function
PQsetdb().  Its in the manual, and its in the file 
      ~postgres/lib/libpq/fe-pqexec.c
and when I run 'ar x libpq.a' it produces (among other dot-oh files) the
file fe-pqexec.o (so it looks like fe-pqexec.c is compiled to produce the
library), and linking in fe-pqexec.o produces multiple definitions of PQexec()
(indicating that fe-pqexec.o is already linked into postgres).
It should be there--why isn't it?

Has anyone ever used PQsetdb() (or PQdb())?

Thanks,

Lance B. Gatrell
[email-masked]

---

From: Philip Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 12:05:52 -0700

I found while trying to build the sample program in the ref manual testlibpq.c
that those functions are specified in the ../tmp/libpq-fe.h header file

Include this file & you should be OK.

---- insert Standard Disclaimer ----------------------------------------------
name:    Philip H. Bailey	| Center for Educational Computing Initiatives
e-mail:  [email-masked]	| Massachusetts Institute of Technology
phone:   (617) 253-0163		| Building E40-381, 1 Amherst Street
FAX:     (617) 258-8736		| Cambridge, MA 02139-4307