Subject: SCO 3.2.2 port & release 4.0

From: [email-masked] (Frank Bernard)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 92 00:48:54 -0800

Hello,

at the I'm working on a port of postgres for SCO 3.2.2 for release 3.1.
Some days ago I read there will be release 4.0 at March. 
So, my questions are :

-- Is there an already finished port for SCO (with gcc) ?
-- If not, are you interested in having the patches for 3.1 and can
   you maintain this port ?
   (most patches relate filenames longer than 14 chars)
-- Or, (arrggghh !!!) should I do the work again for 4.0 and give you
   the patches ?

It would be very helpful for porting it to SCO, if you change some
filenames in release 4.0 to not longer than 14 chars (I can give you the names)

Regards

Frank
/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank Bernard
Fachgebiet Flugmechanik und Regelungstechnik  (Dept. of Flight Mechanics)
Petersenstrasse 30
6100 Darmstadt                             Phone : +49 - 6151 - 16 - 6569
Germany                                            or              - 2190

       (I'm not responsible for my domain address !)
EMAIL: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 92 11:26:25 PST

> -- Is there an already finished port for SCO (with gcc) ?

There is a fellow (Stephen Williams, [email-masked]) who
has claimed to have a SCO port mostly done.  I don't believe he was using
gcc.  To get POSTGRES to compile under gcc you have to set flags to make
it run like the standard c compiler (-traditional).

>    (most patches relate filenames longer than 14 chars)

We have been telling everyone that we're not interested in supporting
other ports.  We don't really have the manpower to do this (as you might
infer from the delay time for this response).

> filenames in release 4.0 to not longer than 14 chars (I can give you the names)

If you send me the names I will shorten them.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]