Subject: file compiling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 93 15:02:56 -0700

Hi!

I have been looking through the Postgres Manuals and can find no way
to send a file to the back end.  

By this I mean, if I have my 'schema' in a text file, is there any way  
of submitting this file to the Postgres Engine?

The equivalant would be in Rdb, having all the SQL commands in a file 
called SCHEMA.SQL and entering SQL and then typing @Schema which would 
run that file against SQL.

If anybody out there can help this would be greatly appreciated as it is
getting pretty tedious typing all the time.

Cheers,

Alistair Ashcroft,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Information Science Department,
E-Mail:  [email-masked]

University Of Otago,
Otago
New Zealand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Alfredo Sanchez)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 93 18:23:49 -0700

> of submitting this file to the Postgres Engine?

Interactively, you can use the monitor and \i
or you can do
	monitor yourdatabase < yourpostquelfile

Hope that helps,

J Alfredo Sanchez H
-------------------
Hypermedia Research Lab
Texas A&M University