Subject: problem with load

From: Dr. Ludger Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 23:10:44 -0700

We are using postgres on a SPARCStation 10 under SUNOS 4.1.3. When I tried
to load a C-function 

>load "/share/postgres/sparc-sun-sunos4.1/src.add/proc/array_match.o"

the monitor answered 	

>Load of file /share/postgres/sparc-sun-sunos4.1/src.add/proc/array_match.o
>failed: link failed!

I tried the load command using the debug mode for the postgres interactive
backend. This produced the following output:

> load "/share/postgres/sparc-sun-sunos4.1/src.add/proc/array_match.o"
>        StartTransactionCommand() at Wed Jul 28 07:54:39 1993
>=================
>  After Rewriting
>=================
>((load "/share/postgres/sparc-sun-sunos4.1/src.add/proc/array_match.o" ))     
>ProcessUtility() at Wed Jul 28 07:54:39 1993
>ld: -ldl: No such file or directory
>WARN:Jul 28 07:54:41:Load of file 
>/share/postgres/sparc-sun-sunos4.1/src.add/proc/array_match.o failed: 
>link failed!
>        AbortCurrentTransaction() at Wed Jul 28 07:54:41 1993

Is this an error in our SUNOS configuration or is this an error in our
postgres installation?

Ludger