Subject: retrieve into

From: [email-masked] (James Woods 61-89-895257)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 13:59:16 CST

I have a query that goes along the lines of:

begin

retrieve into temp ( /* query */ )

/* various other actions related to this table not relevant to this example */

retrieve (temp.all)

destroy temp

end

1) Is there a way of retrieving into a temporary relation that will
automatically be destroid at the end of the transaction block.

2) There appears to be a bug in the method I am using.  If the
transaction aborts the relation "temp" is not created (the desired
result and the reason I am using this inside a begin - end transaction
block).  Unfortunately if the name "temp" is used again as the name of
a relation the backend just sits there in some sort of an infinite
loop.

James Woods
[email-masked]