Subject: Picking field types

From: "Steve Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 10:31:40 -0500

Can some one offer some advice or point me to some information on the
following.

I need a field type that is 10 characters, what is the best type to use:

1) a char16
2) text
3) an array of 10 chars
4) define my own type char10

I'm tempted to go with text for everything, are there performance reasons why
this would be a bad idea?

-- 
Stephen Martin
[email-masked]
e-Commerce, Inc., 1030 Kamato Road, Suite 201 
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada   L4W 4B6        

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/