Subject: Instalation questions from a postgres newbie.

From: [email-masked] (Aksnes Knut-Havard)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 92 13:22:56 -0700

I just got the postgres 4.0.1 files from postgres.berkeley.edu and is
now trying to install the system following the instructions in the 
"POSTGRES INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS C-Only Release 4.0.1" instruction
Section 3.3 advices me to see the release notes for instructions on
how to install postgres using arbitrary user id's (6 is already occupied
by the news user) my problem is that i can't find such instructions.
Any help would be appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:	Knut-Hevard Aksnes (ECMA 94) or		Knut-Haavard Aksnes (ASCII)
Ericsson signature: HI/ETN/U/IT KNA		Phone: +47 41 19481
Email: [email-masked] (internet)  ETN.ETNKNA (memo)

---

From: [email-masked] (Kyongsok Kim)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 92 17:05:40 -0700

- 	how to install postgres using arbitrary user id's (6 is already occupied
- 	by the news user) my problem is that i can't find such instructions.
- 	Any help would be appreciated.
- 	
we encountered the same problem.  since we are not using news user yet,
we simply changed the userid of news (6) to 5 and inserted postgres as 5.
it seems to work at least until now.

i wonder if there is a near solution in this case.

thanks.

k kim

---

From: [email-masked] (Kyongsok Kim)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 92 20:26:33 -0700

sorry...  i found two typos:

>Subject: Re: Instalation questions from a postgres newbie.
>
                                                                        ^ 6

>i wonder if there is a near solution in this case.
                        ^^^^ neat