Subject: Re: pgperl for 4.2?

From: [email-masked] (J. Douglas Dunlop)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 23:06:29 -0400

Dear Postgres users:

To followup my last posting which said:
>Sorry to say that my mileage did vary. I didn't have the problem that
>Robert Joop had running under HP-UX 9.03 with postgres v4r2beta. What
>follows are 2 versions of the output from testlibpg.pl.
>
>First I did substitute PORTALS_INITIAL_SIZE for MAXPORTALS as Robert tried
>and things seems to work fine. (I arrived at this work-around even before I
>saw Robert's post.) Next I applied Paul Aoki's patch and then I did have
>the exact problem that Robert describes. And no I don't have the 2 results
>mixed up.

I have now received an additional patch from Paul Aoki which I had
previously missed. This patches src/backend/libpq/portal.c. After applying
this patch and using the patch for pg-libpq.mus which he also posted I now
have pgperl working even better than before. By that I mean that the
difference between my output and the sample output is null, whereas before
I got differences that I thought were unimportant.

Thanks for all your help Paul!

Regards,

Doug
________
                       Earth Observations Lab
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/   Institute for Space and Terrestrial Sciences
   _/     _/  _/ _/    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
  _/_/   _/  _/ _/     North York, Ontario
 _/     _/  _/ _/      Canada,M3J-3K1           [email-masked]
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/   W:416-665-5411 H:705-445-9320 F:416-665-2032
                       http://www.eol.ists.ca/~dunlop/dunlop.html

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================