Subject: panelists sought

From: [email-masked] (Paula Hawthorn)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 92 16:52:12 -0700

At the International Conference on Parallel and Distributed
Information Systems (PDIS), there will be a panel entitled:

"People Who Need Large, Parallel Databases"

I am the chair for this panel, and am seeking people to be on it.
PDIS is in San Diego this time, Jan 20-22 at the Hyatt Islandia Hotel
on Mission Bay. It is a "good" conference in that the people attending
tend to be active researchers in the areas of parallel, distributed
databases.  The point of this panel is to get real users of database
systems to come and talk about real-world problems, so we can focus the
research on real, meaningful problems.

PDIS is sponsored by ACM & IEEE.  There is no travel support, but the
fee for the conference is usually fairly low ($200-$300) and the hotel
chosen usually has reasonable rates. 

If you are interested in participating in this panel, please send
mail to

[email-masked]

Thank you,
Paula Hawthorn