Subject: mailing archive note

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 91 15:26:05 PST

I just wanted to clear up some confusion regarding the postarch@postgres
account.  We have added this dummy user to collect and file all messages sent
to us and to the postgres mailing list.  We use the account to respond
to all of the questions and bugs sent to us by users.  Unfortunately,
this means that responses have a return address of postarch@postgres on
them even though they may have been sent by any one of us.  To be sure that
your replies to our responses are read, you should either send them to
address given in the message's signature (Each developer who uses the
postarch account to respond to questions puts his/her name and e-mail address
at the bottom) or send them to post_questions@postgres.  The mail spool for
postarch gets choked up with a lot of bounced mail notices and is managed
solely by myself.  I must routinely delete a lot of these junk notifications
and may by accident delete something that might have been important.  Further,
I may not have been the person who replied to your initial question.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]