Subject: Help! About the features of POSTGRES

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 94 05:21:34 CST

Hi, dear netter:
   I'm a new user of POSTGRES and have been testing it for several weeks.
   I'm also evaluating a  OODB, Objectivity, but I'm not understand whether
   the POSTGRES support some features as described in OODB, such as
     long duration transation
     nested  transaction
     shared transaction
     schema evolution
     version control
     dynamic binding and Polymorphism
   Besides these features, basically the POSTGRES is an extended relation
   database, what's its performance compared with a real object-oriented
   database? Are there some general rules to compare these two different type
   of databases?
   Any guidance or comment is much appreciated.

		    Jamie  <[email-masked]>

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================