Subject: /usr/sys/conf/KERNEL file in SunOS 4.1?

From: [email-masked] (Kyongsok Kim)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 92 18:40:48 -0700

the postgres manual talks about /usr/sys/conf/KERNEL file.
we have SUN OS 4.1.1 (supposedly thev: same as the genuine SUN OS 4.1.1)
on Sprac; however, we could not find the above mentioned file.

- does the file exist in Sun OS 4.0 only, but not in 4.1?
- do i have to create the file? (t{

any help will be appreciated.  i am not good at sys. admin and
posting this message on behalf of my grad. student who is
actually{ trying to install postgres.

thanks in advance.

k kimAAAAAAAAAo

---

From: Chris Flatters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 92 08:18:38 -0700

> on Sprac; however, we could not find the above mentioned file.

Try /sys/sun4c/conf.  The file name will vary.

	Chris Flatters
	[email-masked]