Subject: DB population problem

From: Zhe Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 92 17:37:56 -0700

I have a flat table of data and want to insert them in a table just created.
Hating to write a  specific program to do this, I simply create a file
with all postquel statements(a set of append(attr_i=value_i) ). After I
invoke emacs in monitor mode and cp the file to the "/tmp/PQxxxxx", I type
"\g". A silent answer given by the system is "memory fault". 

Any idea about this?( It seems I do have the write permission to the
temporary file that emacs creates ,though). Any better way to populate a
database? Any facility such as "monitor -f postquelfile " ?

Thanks!
--zhe li

---

From: [email-masked] (Tom Vijlbrief)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 92 06:51:32 -0700

>database? Any facility such as "monitor -f postquelfile " ?

Just create the file with the append commands but be sure
to place \g at the end of each append.

Now run the monitor:

monitor mydb < the_file

Tom