Subject: Porting to SCO-ODT, Linux and SGI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 93 03:57:51 -0700

I have been playing around with Postgres on my Sparc, but now I must
port it to SGI and SCO-ODT 2.0 and later to Linux.
Suspecting the SCO port would be the most difficult I started from that;
at the moment I have bmake running but not doing what it's supposed !
Has anyone already tried porting to one of these platforms and will
post to the mailing list or directly to me any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

eb

---

From: Olaf Gerloff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1993 16:47:02 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

> port it to SGI and SCO-ODT 2.0 and later to Linux.

a Linux port vor postgres 4.0.1 is aviable on ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de under
pub/linux/packages/postgres.

I have installed it on my Linux-Box. It seems to run, but it have problems
with dynamic loaded C functions on my system.

Greetings, Olaf
-- 
******************************************************************************
* Olaf Gerloff                     *    Impossible things will be executed   *
* Technical University Berlin (FRG)*    immediately, miracles take a little  *
* Department of Computer Science   *                 longer!                 * 
* Computerbased Informationsystems *                                         *
******************************************************************************
* Internet: [email-masked]    or   BITNET: GERLOFF@DB0TUI11         *
******************************************************************************