Subject: C++

From: Tim Culver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 15:44:54 EST

I'm using postgres for an application project for a class in database
concepts, and I'd like to use C++.  Has anybody successfully used
pqlib from C++ code using either of the following compilers:

1. CC ("cfront", the AT&T compiler);
2. g++ (gnu C++)?

--
Tim Culver                            [email-masked]
  I often say things twice, only the second time, much slower.
                             -- J. Lovitz

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 14:21:18 -0700

> 1. CC ("cfront", the AT&T compiler);

there's a minimal c++ interface package (written by justin smith at
drexel) included in postgres 4.2 in src/contrib/cplusplus.  i haven't
look at it recently, but when i ported it to postgres 4.1 it worked
with then-current versions of cfront and g++.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki