Subject: updated port list

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 15:09:12 -0700

again, this is just culled from various newsgroups, mailing lists,
etc. and does not resemble gospel, pravda, or anything else that 
might be remotely authoritative.  if you don't see an FTP site,
send mail to the contact person to ask about availability.

this is ordered alphabetically by vendor, not by how much i like
the machine (or any other subjective criteria).  no flames about 
"International" coming before "Intel," please :-)

                       Paul's Private POSTGRES Port-list
                               $Revision: 0.3 $

vendor  cpu        os            postgres       contact
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEC     MIPS       Ultrix 4.2+   4.1            Berkeley
                                                FTP: postgres.berkeley.edu
DEC     Alpha AXP  OSF/1         (in progress)  Berkeley
H-P     PA-RISC    HP-UX 8.07    (in progress)  Berkeley
IBM     RS/6000    AIX 3.2       4.0.1[1]       Rafael Morales Gamboa
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      386bsd        4.0.1[2]       Igor Bartchenkov
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                George B. Kouznetsov
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      Linux 0.99.7  4.0.1[3]       Kai Petzke
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                FTP: ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de
                                                FTP: tsx-11.mit.edu
Intel   80386      SVR4          4.0.1          Robert Withrow
                                                ([email-masked])
Intel   80386      SVR4          4.0.1          Neil McQuaig
                                                ([email-masked])
SGI     MIPS       Irix          3.1            Rowland Johnson
                                                ([email-masked])
                                                FTP: vogon.llnl.gov
Sun     Sparc      SunOS 4.1     4.1            Berkeley
                                                FTP: postgres.berkeley.edu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] No dynamic loader.
[2] Single-user.
[3] Inversion file system not tested.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki