Subject: Re: postgres system problems

From: [email-masked] (Greg Kemnitz)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 91 18:01:11 -0700

The problems were primarily in the lock manager.  We used Postgres for a class
here at Berkeley last spring and encountered numerous multi-user problems
ourselves, and have gotten rid of many of the bugs.  The multi-user problems
will be fixed in Version 3.

The problems with ipcs appear to be something specific to your site; this has
not been reported by anyone else.

	Greg Kemnitz
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 91 11:55:11 +1000

Ok, so the question now is, when will version 3.0 be available?

	Thanks, dmh

Darren Hosking			ACSnet: [email-masked]	 
Department Of Computer Science	ARPA:   [email-masked]
RMIT				CSNET:  dmh%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@australia
GPO Box 2476V			UUCP:   ...!uunet!goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au!dmh
Melbourne Vic., Australia 3001	PH: +61 3 660 3299 FAX: +61 3 662 1617