Subject: Displaying the Database structure (schema)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 93 16:57:05 EDT

I am new to Postgres and I have a very simple question: How do I display
the structure of a particular database? I cannot seem to find the command
in the reference manual. Any help would be appreciated.

                               Thank you,
                               Andrew Francis
                               Concordia University,
                               Montreal,Quebec,
                               Canada

---

From: "David J. Hughes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 93 18:35:54 -0700

> in the reference manual. Any help would be appreciated.

I wrote a small program a while back that (very simply) allows you to list
the relations in a database and then select a relation and display it's
fields and associated types (limited type recognition though).  

I'm not taking it any further because it was a trial for some Motif based
code I'm using in the network management system I'm developing.  Those
points understood, if anyone still wants it I'll put it up for FTP.

bambi
   ___                                   David J. Hughes     [email-masked]
  /   \                /  /    /        
 /  __/ __   __   ____/  /    / __             Senior Network Programmer
/    \ /  \ /  \ /   /  /    / /  \  /       Comms Development & Operation
\____/ \__//   / \__/   \___/ /   / /    Qld. 4229  AUSTRALIA  (+61 75 951450)