Subject: OODB

From: [email-masked] (Lewis Berman)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 91 12:31:15 -0700

After talking with Alfredo Sanchez this morning I decided to do a more
exhaustive search at NRL's library and to my surprise there are several
books on OODB design.  Here's a brief list:

	Objected-Oriented concepts, applications, and databases, 
		Frederick H. Lockovsky and Won Kim, Addison-Wesley, 1989

	Intelligent DataBases : Object-oriented, deductive hypermedia
		technologies, Kamran Parsaye, Wiley, 1989

	Object-oriented database programming, Suad Alagic, Springer-Verlag
		1988

	International Workshop on Object-oriented Database Systems,
		Proceedings, Pacific Grove, CA, September 1986

	Journal of Object-Oriented Programming

	From Alfredo Sanchez:

	Object-Oriented Analysis, Peter Coad and Ed Yourdon, Prentice-Hall,
		1991

	Object-Oriented Design, by Coad and Yourdon again.

If you know of any others please forward a list to me, it will repost the
appended list to the newsgroup.

Thanks,

Lew Berman

NRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLN
R                                                                    R  
L  L                                                                 L  
N  L  BBB                                                            N 
R  L  B  B    [email-masked]                             R 
L  LLLLBB     [email-masked]  "NRL...where nuts run loose"  L
N     B  B                                                           N
R     BBB                                                            R
L                                                                    L
NRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLNRLN

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 91 14:49:53 -0500

Object-Oriented Design with Applications, Grady Booch,
		Benjamin/Cummings, 1991.

	Designing Object-Oriented Software; Rebecca Wirfs-Brock, Brian
		Wilkerson, & Lauren Wiener, Prentice Hall, 1990.

    In the April, 1988 issue of Communications of the ACM, there was an
article by James Rumbaugh et al, on Object Modeling & Design.  Part of the
method he describes is decomposing objects into relations, so would be of
great interest for someone designing for an extended relational database,
such as POSTGRES.  I noticed at OOPSLA last week that he has also written
a book, but it was sold out before I got a chance to look at it.

Moira Mallison
Information Technologies Branch
Computer Science Laboratory