Subject: Is there a Mosaic gateway to POSTGRES?

From: [email-masked] (Tom Wye)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 23:12:03 PDT

Has anyone written a Mosaic gateway to postgres? Some thing like the 
Mosaic GSQL gateway to Oracle and Sybase.

Email me at [email-masked]

thanks

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (J. Douglas Dunlop)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 06:02:22 -0400

>Mosaic GSQL gateway to Oracle and Sybase.

I am also interested in this and just right now I found this reference
using the WebCrawler.

        http://rbse.jsc.nasa.gov/eichmann/more_talk/more.html
        http://rbse.jsc.nasa.gov:81/DEMO/

Apparently they are about to release MORE v1.1 which will support multiple
databases including postgres. We have been working on writing some scripts
to interface our postgres database to the web but they are not general
purpose right now. Other than that, I have not seen anything.

Regards,

Doug
________
                       Earth Observations Lab
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/   Institute for Space and Terrestrial Sciences
   _/     _/  _/ _/    4850 Keele St.,2nd Floor
  _/_/   _/  _/ _/     North York, Ontario
 _/     _/  _/ _/      Canada,M3J-3K1           [email-masked]
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/   W:416-665-5411 H:705-445-9320 F:416-665-2032
                       http://www.eol.ists.ca/~dunlop/dunlop.html

---

From: "Guy R. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 13:16:53 -0700

> purpose right now. Other than that, I have not seen anything.

There is one other thing.  I have been working on a modification of Paul Lindner's  
GopherSQL scripts that use pgperl, and POSTGRES.  They are still not ready for  
public consumtion but may be of interest to other people with a development bent.  

I could mail them to interested parties or put them up for a gopher to get.

---
Guy R. Thomas                           Native Education Centre
Library Coordinator                     285 East Fifth Avenue
[email-masked]                 Vancouver B. C.
V:(604) 873-3761 --- F:(604) 873-9152   V5T 1H2