Subject: can you reproduce this bug?

From: Kristin Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1993 10:27:53 -0700

The postgres group has had the following bug reported, but has not
been able to reproduce it and don't know of anyone who has. If _you_
can reproduce the described bug and have some interest in getting it
fixed, please send us mail describing how you reproduce it and any
information relevant to reproducing the bug -- data, queries you use,
postgres version, etc.

Fixing this bug may solve other cache-related postgres bugs. 

Please send any relevant mail to [email-masked].

The bug:
~~~~~~~

When you do a destroydb/createdb using the same database name serially, i.e. 
	
	% destorydb TESTDB
	% createdb TESTDB

and then create a class using a name of a class which was in the old, 
destroyed TESTDB but has not yet been created in the new TESTDB, the
following error occurs:

>  create CLASS (floor = int4)
        StartTransactionCommand() at Mon Oct 25 10:13:13 1993

        ProcessUtility() at Mon Oct 25 10:13:13 1993

WARN:Oct 25 10:13:13:amcreate: CLASS relation already exists
        AbortCurrentTransaction() at Mon Oct 25 10:13:13 1993

The WorkAround
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kill & restart the postmaster.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 93 10:44:27 -0700

Kristin Wright <[email-masked]> writes:
> been able to reproduce it and doesn't know of anyone who has.

slight clarification: "...has not been able to *consistently* 
reproduce it...".  most everyone here has seen it at one time or 
another but no one knows of a surefire way to make it happen.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki