Subject: attributes type postquel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 09:54:22 -0700

I'm building an application which has a class MATCH.

create MATCH ( hometeam = text, awayteam = text,  fixture = text, 
	homeselect = selection, awayselect = selection, result = int2,
	goalscorers = selection, etc )

I want to create a class LEAGUETABLE which will use the data in MATCH to 
build a leaguetable.

I had originally intended to use attributes of type postquel in LEAGUETABLE
e.g.
	create LEAGUETABLE ( points_total = postquel, etc )
but postquel types don't seem to be included in version 4.1.

I don't want to use functions for this as I want to be able to e.g.
	retrieve (LEAGUETABLE.all)

Creating the attributes of LEAGUETABLE as user-defined types ( C code using 
LIBPQ ) seems unnecessarily overcomplicated. Have I no option ?, no idea ?

Any recent literature besides the user manual ?

Thanks in advance,
			Dave Scott.

---

From: Peter van Oosterom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 14:11:50 MET DST

> I want to create a class LEAGUETABLE which will use the data in MATCH to 
Some time age we developed a sample application which did just this.
Rules are used to update the LEAGUETABLE, when new results are added
to the MATCH class. Using the 'sort by' clause in a retrieve will
give the proper ranking. Everything is done in Postquel.
If you are interested, I could try to locate the scripts which defined
the data model and rules, and some scripts for populating the classes.

Regards, Peter van Oosterom. (email: [email-masked])

---

From: Peter van Oosterom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 93 14:11:50 MET DST