Subject: Re: Version 4 Release 0 Revision 1 announcement

From: [email-masked] (kyongsok kim)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 17:34:55 -0700

- 
- If you would like to get Postgres 4.0.1, you can do so in one of two ways:
- 
- (1)  Anonymous FTP from postgres.berkeley.edu
- 
- Or, if you do not have net.access, you can order a Postgres distribution
- tape by sending a check payable to

my case does not fall into one of the above two.
i have an access to the internet.  however, i have a problem connecting to
postgres.berkeley.edu directly for ftp-ing.
i can send mail though (which can be
verified by that fact that you got this very message.)

i saw some sites (mostly ibm?) which e-mail files upon request
without any human intervention - kind of automatic reply program(?).
i wonder if such a facility could be installed for miserable guys
like me. (is it a technically difficut job?) thanks in advance.

k kim

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 17:44:39 PDT

> like me. (is it a technically difficut job?) thanks in advance.

First try ftping to: 128.32.149.1

If that doesn't work you might try mailing to: [email-masked]

They will send you mail on how to ftp things through e-mail.

later,
Adam Glass
postgres research group