Subject: problem with COPY

From: Dik Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 91 07:41:44 -0700

I have problems with the copy command in monitor:

1) I created a relation 

* create TR(authors=char16,title=text,date=int4)\g

2) After inserted two tuples into TR, I want to copy the relation to
a unix file, but monitor won't return the * prompt, but the file
"yyy" was created with the correct contents. The following is the
script:

* copy TR() to "~/yyy"\g

Query sent to backend is "copy TR() to "~/yyy""
Copy command returns...
^C
^?I live to serve you.

3) Then I tried to copy a unix file into the relation TR, it gives
me some strange response, although the contents of the unix file
were successfully copied into TR. The behaviour is undocumented in the
man page.

* copy TR() from "~/yyy"\g

Query sent to backend is "copy TR() from "~/yyy""
Enter info followed by a newline
End with a dot on a line by itself.
>> what is this?
>> .

4) Then I tried to copy just one attribute by doing a "copy
TR(authors=char15) to "~/yyy"", and it turns out that the whole
tuple is copied.

Any suggestions?

Dik Lee