Subject: Class of a tupel within inheritance hierachy

From: Gerhard Daub <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 16:03:56 +0200

Hi everybody!

Is there a query to find out to which relation a tupel belongs in an
inheritance hierachy?

Example:

create father (...)
create son1 (...) inherits (father)
create son2 (...) inherits (father)

retrieve (tupel.all) from tupel in father* 
where ....

How can I determine whether 'tupel' belongs to father, son1 or son2 ?

Thanks for help!

Gerhard

P.S.: Sorry. I remember that this question was issued recently. But I
deleted the mail. :-(

===============================================================================
    To add/remove yourself from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
    the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

    If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
    a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
===============================================================================