Subject: ftp site for postgres

From: [email-masked] (Toncan Duong)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 11:54:39 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

Failed to ftp to postgres.berkeley.edu.

Just wondering that is it the correct ftp address???

thanks in advance

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 18:05:33 -0800

> Failed to ftp to postgres.berkeley.edu.

s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu (currently 128.32.149.157)

when i ftp to postgres.berkeley.edu, i get the following message:

	The ftp server 'postgres.Berkeley.EDU' no longer exists.
	If you are trying to access tech reports from UC Berkeley,
	please ftp to tr-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU. For everything else,
	including postgres, multimedia, or Sequoia 2000 related material,
	please ftp to s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU.

is this message not appearing for other people?

(note that the IP address 128.32.149.1 was deactivated several 
months ago.  also, 100% of berkeley CS machines will change their 
IP addresses this summer when we move to a new building...)
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki