Subject: Problems with C-functions

From: "Dieter.Pfoser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 09:39:03 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
for my application I have to implement my own C-functions in Postgres.
The problem with it is that if you wanna use a type different from 
int as a formal parameter or return-value, you must use a reference 
(pointer) to this type. (Described in the postgres manual)
Passing values is no problem, but as soon as you assign them to local 
variables in your function (use it), the backend crashes.

So if anybody has experienced the same problems and found a solution, 
please let me know.

I am using postgres-v4.2 on a Sun5 Workstation. I compiled it with the 
modified gcc 2.5.8.

Dieter Pfoser
University of Antwerp, Belgium

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/