Subject: listing classes

From: Julie Borsack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 92 13:37:29 -0700

I'm a new user to postgres.  I've read through most of the user manual
in search of the command to list the classes that I've created.  I
can't find it.  Is there a way to list these out as it is in ingres
with the help command?

--julie

[email-masked]

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 13:30:28 PDT

> can't find it.  Is there a way to list these out as it is in ingres

There's no explicit command to do this, you have to query the system
catalogs.  In this particular case you can use a pattern match:

	retrieve (pg_class.relname)
	where pg_class.relname !~ "pg_.*"

All the system catalog names begin with pg_ so we retrieve all the
names where the first three characters are not pg_ .

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]