Subject: time types

From: John Peter Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 12:32:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi:

   I'm running Postgres 4.0.1, and want to use the built-in "time"
   type for some temporal data I have. I'm not sure from the docs
   as to how the time parameters are formatted into the libPQ calls.

   Are they to be input as strings, like so:

   absolute time

	"Jan 01 1993"

   time ranges:

	"[Jan 01 1990, Dec 31 1992]"

   or another way ?

   thanks in advance.

   jp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JP Lee               Institute for Visualization and Perception Research	
[email-masked]                    University of Massachusetts at Lowell 
(508) 934-3384			      1 University Ave. Lowell, MA 01854

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~