Subject: Temporary Relations

From: "David Alan Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 14:46:57 +0100 (BST)

In a definition of a function, I have a line such as 

retrieve into temp ....

and then later on, in the same function, or a function nested either below
it, or above it, I need to retrieve from that table.

Unfortunately though, I get an error message 'heap openr on temp failed',
presumably this is a scoping problem.  Anyone know how I can get round
it.

cheers

Dave Nelson
-- 

Mail ID : [email-masked]

Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.  (091) 222 8789

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================