Subject: Recent version of Postgres

From: [email-masked] (Walid Aref)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 08:54:56 -0500

How can I get a version for DEC 3000? or SUN OS?
Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walid G. Aref                      
Matsushita Information Technology Laboratory 
Panasonic Technologies, Inc.          | Email: [email-masked]
Two Research Way,                     | Phone: 609 734-7349 Ext. 313
Princeton, NJ 08540-6628 USA          | Fax:   609 987-8827

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 17:21:56 -0800

> How can I get a version for DEC 3000? or SUN OS?

our ftp server (s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu) has been up and down for a 
couple of weeks (due to a LONG sequence of software problems [solved]
and hardware problems [solution known, being solved now]).  once it 
comes back, the standard place to look will remain:
	s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:/pub/postgres/postgres-v4r2
s2k-ftp should be available again in a couple of days.

for now, the 4.2 distribution can be obtained from ftp.cs.berkeley.edu
in /ucb/postgres.  this directory also contains a pointer to a location
for the linux port (ftp.lysator.liu.se).

thanks for your patience, sorry for the hassle.  thanks also go to our
sysadmin, jon forrest, who has worked very hard and very long on getting 
the server back up during its long period of mental and physical illness.
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776