Subject: Installation & a general question

From: [email-masked] (Raghavan Chakraavarti 341-8523)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 16:33:28 +0600

Hi,
   I am working on Solaris 2.3, sun sparc system.
    We have gcc 2.6.0 and I heard you cannot compile Postgres with it.
   What about the gcc 2.5.8 that comes along with it ?
   Or can anyone give me info how to obtain the latest gcc compiler (2.6.2 ??)

  I dont have vast database experience so please kindly guide me.
  I am working on an application where there are different users using the 
  system. Any user is expected to send a form to another. The user receiving 
  the form should be able to view it as it is. The form will be a GUI object, 
  I cannot email this form. Will I be able to route such forms between users ?
  Actually I want to develop some kind of workflow application.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance
Raghavan Chakravarti

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/