Subject: Problem building postgres on SunOS 4.1.3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 08:28:02 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings:

I've just downloaded, and am endeavouring to build, postgresv4r2 on a SPARC with
SunOS4.1.3.  I'm stymied by the following error message:

===> backend
cc -O -DPORTNAME_sparc -DPOSTPORT='"4321"' -DDEADLOCK_TIMEOUT=60 -DUSE_POSIX_TIME -DPOSTGRESDIR='"/usr/local/postgres"'  -DDATADIR='"/usr/local/postgres/data"'  -DBINDIR='"/usr/local/postgres/bin"'  -I/u/local/postgres/src/backend/. -I/u/local/postgres/src/backend/obj  -I/u/local/postgres/src/backend/tmp  -I/u/local/postgres/src/backend/port/sparc  -c /u/local/postgres/src/backend/access/common/tupdesc.c
"/u/local/postgres/src/backend/access/common/tupdesc.c", line 389: T_LispList undefined
*** Error code 1

Stop.

What is so interesting to me is that T_LispList doesn't even appear in tupdesc.c 
(although LispList does).  If anyone can offer a suggestion, please email me 
directly.  Thanx.

-- 
Rick Horocholyn                         <[email-masked]>
Senior Financial Consultant             Phone:  (204)474-4533
Manitoba Hydro, PO Box 820              Fax:    (204)475-3953
820 Taylor Ave, Winnipeg, MB  R3C 2P4  (Canada) 

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================