Subject: V4R2 Installation Problem..

From: Chang Jin Woong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 19:16:04 +0900 (KST)

Hello,

Please help me installing Postgres v4r2.
I have a desktop SPARC running SunOS 4.1.3, on which I have tried to
install Postgres v4r2 ftp'ed from s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu.

I successfully installed bmake in /usr/local/bin, but I couldn't build
the binaries by compilation errors. Here is the portion of log file.
(I used bundled Sun cc compiler.)

[stuffs deleted]
yacc -d /play/postgres/src/backend/parser/gram.y;  mv y.tab.c gram.c;  mv y.tab.h parse.h;
sh  /play/postgres/src/backend/utils/Gen_fmgrtab.sh  /play/postgres/src/backend/catalog/pg_proc.h
cc -O -DPORTNAME_sparc -DPOSTPORT='"4321"' -DDEADLOCK_TIMEOUT=60 -DUSE_POSIX_TIME -DPOSTGRESDIR='"/play/postgres"'  -DDATADIR='"/play/postgres/data"'  -DBINDIR='"/play/postgres/bin"'  -I/play/postgres/src/backend/. -I/play/postgres/src/backend/obj  -I/play/postgres/src/backend/tmp  -I/play/postgres/src/backend/port/sparc  -c /play/postgres/src/backend/access/common/heaptuple.c
cc -O -DPORTNAME_sparc -DPOSTPORT='"4321"' -DDEADLOCK_TIMEOUT=60 -DUSE_POSIX_TIME -DPOSTGRESDIR='"/play/postgres"'  -DDATADIR='"/play/postgres/data"'  -DBINDIR='"/play/postgres/bin"'  -I/play/postgres/src/backend/. -I/play/postgres/src/backend/obj  -I/play/postgres/src/backend/tmp  -I/play/postgres/src/backend/port/sparc  -c /play/postgres/src/backend/access/common/heapvalid.c
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 18: syntax error at or near variable name "ii_FuncIndexInfo"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 18: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 24: syntax error at or near variable name "ri_IndexRelationInfo"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 24: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 45: illegal character: '\'
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 47: illegal character: '\'
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 49: illegal character: '\'
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 51: syntax error at or near type word "LispValue"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 51: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 54: syntax error at or near variable name "pi_exprContext"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 54: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 55: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 63: syntax error at or near variable name "es_direction"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 63: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 64: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 76: syntax error at or near variable name "es_result_relation_info"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 76: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 77: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 79: syntax error at or near variable name "es_prs2_info"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 79: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 82: syntax error at or near variable name "es_tupleTable"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 82: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 83: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 88: syntax error at or near variable name "es_result_rel_ruleinfo"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 88: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 90: syntax error at or near variable name "hook_at_initnode"
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 90: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 91: illegal character: '\'
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 92: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 93: illegal character: '\'
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 94: unknown size
"/play/postgres/src/backend/obj/execnodes.gen", line 94: fatal error: too many errors
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
[End of Log file]

Do you have any idea about this errors? Is it something wrong with my system?
Or did I miss to patch something which is not distributed with v4r2 package?

[ANOTHER QUESTION] Do you have ever heard of Postgres ported to SCO UNIX
SVR 3.2 ??

Thanks in advance,

Chang Jin-woong
[email-masked]

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/