Subject: future of the mailing list

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 12:30:05 -0800

as has been publicly announced before, the postgres project (per se)
will be wrapped up after the alpha test is done.

this leaves the question of what to do with the mailing list.  list
administrivia still takes up quite a bit of time and clogs our mail
hub.  these are resources we really don't have to spare.

if there is someone who is interested in handling a 650+ address
mailing list, it would be nice to turn it over to such a person.
otherwise, i will probably be contacting the folks at yggdrasil.com.
they seem to want to handle and archive all freeware mailing lists;
as a bonus, they use smarter list processing software than we do.

to summarize, i'm asking for two inputs.
1. does anyone want to take over the list.
2. does anyone have any feedback about yggdrasil (if it's as
overloaded as, say, the linux list on niksula.hut.fi then it's
not really a good option).

send mail to me, not the list.  i'll summarize.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki