Subject: Re: Access control problem

From: [email-masked] (Leif Neve)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 92 05:24:54 -0800

> I recently installed postgres (v 4.0.1) on our unix cluster. A few users
> asked me the following question (I did not find an answer for it in the
> user's manual or the reference book):-
> 
> If user A owns a data-base, how can other users (e.g user's B, C, D etc)
> access the data-base for "read-only" purposes without being able to 
> modify or update the data-base. In other words, how can other user's
> retrieve data without being able to modify it? 

I haven't figured out a way and I don't believe there is one (except for
implementing a labyrinth of rules?). If you find out different, please spread
the good word.

Leif Neve

---

From: [email-masked] (Marc Teitelbaum)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 92 11:28:44 PST

Postgres access control is a needed feature that we're planning
for the next release.

Marc