Subject: backend prob ??

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Taneja.)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 19:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks, help!?

 System:  sun os 4.1.3  / postgres 4.2.beta

=====================================
* retrieve (ntable.all) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (ntable.all) "
FATAL: no response from backend: detected in dump_data
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go
* retrieve (ntable.all) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (ntable.all) "
FATAL: no response from backend: detected in PQexec
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go
* retrieve (ntable.all) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (ntable.all) "
tamarack%
=====================================

Bruce

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: "Andrew K. Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 16:04:13 -0700

> FATAL: no response from backend: detected in dump_data

the backend has already crashed at this point. You don't get back any answer.
	
	                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you're not connected to the backend anymore

With the information given, I'm afraid I can't give you more help. (I assume
you've rebuild the database after the upgrade to 4.2?)

-andrew