Subject: Recursive queries

From: [email-masked] (Krys Kochut)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 91 09:46:16 -0800

Hi there,

is it possible to form recursive queries in the current (3.0) version of
POSTGRES (such as, say, the ANCESTOR example)?  Sorry, I don't know if
this question has been discussed here or not.

Thanks.

Krys Kochut

-----------------------------------
[email-masked]

Computer Science
University of Georgia
Athens, GA. 30602

(404) 542-3441

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 91 10:45:33 PST

> this question has been discussed here or not.

In version 2.0 there was code to support recursive queries.  It turned
out that it was very unreliable and has since been backed out of the 
system compeletely.  So the short answer to this question is no.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]