Subject: Archive Site

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Croll)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 92 18:59:53 PDT

Is there an archive site for this mailing list.  I'm a beginner user of
postgres and don't want to ask too many stupid questions!  But I will
ask one for now...

Does anyone have a simple example of defining a postquel function?
I've seen lots of examples of functions written in 'c' but very few
examples of functions written in 'postquel'.  None of the demos have
postquel functions...

Thanks in advance!
-- 

Tom Croll      "That's not food, that's what food eats!"
                                             -- alf

Boeing Aerospace & Electronics      Internet: [email-masked]
High Technology Center              UUCP: fluke!ssc-vax!bcsaic!elvis!tomc
Embedded Processing Lab                   uw-beaver!bcsaic!elvis!tomc
Phone: (206) 865-3037

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 92 11:58:40 PDT

> postgres and don't want to ask too many stupid questions!  But I will

We log every message sent to the list, but that isn't available to the
general public.

> examples of functions written in 'postquel'.  None of the demos have

This is mainly due to the fact that postquel functions were poorly supported
in 3.1 (implemented through the rewrite rule system).  If you've installed
version 4 the user's guide, the reference manual (defineFunction), and the
video demo give examples.  The 4.0 release notes go into some detail about
the differences between 3.1 postquel functions and 4.0 postquel functions.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]