Subject: Creating postgres user with linux???

From: Uwe Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 23:39:12 +0000 ( )

Hi,
I'v compiled version 4.00 of postgres on my PC (Linux 0.99.13). For user
'postgres' (uid=6) everything works fine, but i cannot create a new user (for postgres).
I'v read the descriptions very often :-(
Did somebody solve this problem? Should i try the version 4.2??

Thank you in advance Uwe.

Uwe Bergmann 			    (voice)     +49 (661) 302036
[email-masked]

===============================================================================
    To add/remove yourself from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
    the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

    If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
    a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
===============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Kai Petzke)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:51:40 +0200 (MET DST)

> I'v compiled version 4.00 of postgres on my PC (Linux 0.99.13). For user

There is no version 4.00 of Postgres for Linux.  I guess, you have
4.0.1.

> I'v read the descriptions very often :-(

Unfortunately, I cannot help.  Please be more specific about your
problem.

> Did somebody solve this problem? Should i try the version 4.2??

In general, this is an good idea.  You may have to upgrade your
Linux system (1.0 kernel, etc.) quite a lot to compile 4.2.

Kai