Subject: error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 92 16:47:31 -0400

--------
Is there a way to capture errors in postgres?

eg:Error: tuple index 0 out of bound.
can I capture the above error message and customize it for my
program?

Thanx a lot.

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 92 10:38:36 PDT

> can I capture the above error message and customize it for my

In version 4 error messages are put into the global variable PQerrormsg.
Unfortunately, there currently isn't a means by which you can turn off
printing them to stderr.  There are only a few places in libpq where this
happens.  It wouldn't be very difficult to change them so that they print
only when some global (e.g. PGsilent) is set to 0.  The source code for
libpq can be found in $POSTGRESHOME/src/lib/libpq.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]