Subject: Transitive Closure.

From: "Eduardo Alessio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 92 15:37:29 -0700

Hi:

	I'm trying to run a simple example with a Transitive Closure
(TC).  Here is the example of the session I'm running and a second
query for the original relation, so that its fields can be shown.  I
wonder if I'm missing something or if the TC is supported?.  It seems
that its the parser is the one complaining; any corrections,
suggestions or comments are welcome.

	Thanks.

	Eduardo Alessio
	Computer Science Dept.
	Columbia University

Here comes my monitor session:
--------------------------------

* retrieve* into nada (oneknew.all) from n in nada where oneknew.unique1 > n.unique2 \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve* into nada (oneknew.all) from n in nada where oneknew.unique1
> n.unique2 "
WARN:Apr 13 18:17:24:parser: syntax error at or near "*"

Go
* retrieve (t.all) from t in oneknew where t.unique1 > 995 \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (t.all) from t in oneknew where t.unique1 > 995 "
---------------------------------------------------------
| unique1     | unique2     | stringu2    | string4     |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 996         | 258         | YJAAAA      | OOOOxx      |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 997         | 21          | VAAAAA      | HHHHxx      |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 998         | 549         | DVAAAA      | HHHHxx      |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 999         | 997         | WFAAAA      | AAAAxx      |
---------------------------------------------------------

Go