Subject: Problem with retrieve

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 92 12:13:07 -0700

I seem to have encountered a problem with both postgres V3 and V4, and I
was wondering if anyone can recreate it on their setup. I am trying
to determine whether this problem is a bug in postgres or a problem with
the postgres installation on my site.
I am running postgres on DECstation 5000/200 
                                     running ULTRIX V4.2A (Rev. 47).

Here is the code that causes monitor to exit:
I create 3 tables. 
doing retrieve (table3.all) works fine
doing retrieve (table1.all) causes monitor to exit?

Any help will be appreciated.
Michael Terk
[email-masked]
-----
mt1p% createdb test
mt1p% monitor test
Welcome to the C POSTGRES terminal monitor

Go 

* create welding_plan (
       plan_name=char16,
       timestamp=abstime,
       device=int4,
       menu_page_name=text,
       comment=text,
       weld_joint_id=int4,
       weld_joint_parms=text,
       material_id=text,
       weld_position_id=int4,
       nLinks=int4,
       sensor_ids=text,
       min_length=int4 
)

create plan_links (plan_name=text, pass_name=text, link_id=int4)

create welding_pass (
       pass_name=char16,
       timestamp=abstime ,
       device=int4 ,
       menu_page_name=text ,
       comment=text ,
       min_duration=float8 ,
       min_length=float8 ,
       process=int4 ,
       y=float8 ,
       z=float8 ,
       lead=float8 ,
       lag=float8 ,
       rotation=float8 ,
       sensor_ids=text ,
       srule_name=char16 ,
       sensor_configs=text ,
       sensor_control=char16 ,
       estartCount=int4 ,
       erunCount=int4 ,
       estopCount=int4 
)
\g

Query sent to backend is "create welding_plan (        plan_name=char16,
       timestamp=abstime,        device=int4,       
menu_page_name=text,        comment=text,        weld_joint_id=int4,    
   weld_joint_parms=text,        material_id=text,       
weld_position_id=int4,        nLinks=int4,        sensor_ids=text,      
 min_length=int4  )  create plan_links (plan_name=text, pass_name=text,
link_id=int4)  create welding_pass (        pass_name=char16,       
timestamp=abstime ,        device=int4 ,        menu_page_name=text ,   
    comment=text ,        min_duration=float8 ,        min_length=float8
,        process=int4 ,        y=float8 ,        z=float8 ,       
lead=float8 ,        lag=float8 ,        rotation=float8 ,       
sensor_ids=text ,        srule_name=char16 ,        sensor_configs=text
,        sensor_control=char16 ,        estartCount=int4 ,       
erunCount=int4 ,        estopCount=int4  ) "
CREATECREATECREATE
Go 
* retrieve (welding_pass.all) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (welding_pass.all) "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
--------------------------------------------
| pass_name   | timestamp   | device      | menu_page_name| comment    
| min_duration| min_length  | process     | y           | z           |
lead        | lag         | rotation    | sensor_ids  | srule_name  |
sensor_configs| sensor_control| estartCount | erunCount   | estopCount  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
--------------------------------------------

Go 

MT >> This is where things get weird : weld_joint_parms is an attribute..

* retrieve (welding_plan.weld_joint_parms) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (welding_plan.weld_joint_parms) "
WARN:Sep 18 14:56:23:Relation welding_plan does not have attribute
weld_joint_parms

Go 
* retrieve (welding_plan.all) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (welding_plan.all) "
Error: Unexpected identfier in dump_data: m
mt1p%