Subject: GEOGRAPHIC FUNCTIONS

From: [email-masked] (shai afif)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 92 03:01:17 -0700

hello everybody,

  I am using the geographic fuctions in "geo-ops.c" to implement
more complicated functions that i wrote. I am getting strage results
when I to get the distance between two objects.
  As any of you used those functions ?
  Did anybody encounter problems with them ?

   thank you in advance
     Shai Afif ([email-masked])

e.g. i am using version 3.1

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 92 09:41:23 PDT

>   Did anybody encounter problems with them ?

There were several bugs in the 3.1 implementations for the functions
in geo-ops.c.  Many of them were fixed in 4.0, but as I understand it
they still are not correct for all cases.  I know some sites on this
mailing list have worked on their own implementations for many of the
geo-ops functions and hopefully they will be willing to pass their work
along to you [ hint hint ]...

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]