Subject: Announce: Postgres for Linux mailing list

From: "Guy R. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 15:04:58 -0700

Hello posthackers;

Kai Petzke <[email-masked]> has reported up to 24 hour  
turn-around times for mail sent to the POSTGRES channel of the  
linux-activists mailing list at niksula.hut.fi. So in an attempt to  
help out an already overburdened site I have set up a mailing list  
for announcements related to and discussion of the Linux port of  
POSTGRES.

The name of the list is 

   [email-masked]

with subscription requests being sent to

   [email-masked]

A human reads these messages but does not expect full sentences.   
That is mail with a subject of ADD and no body will result in the  
senders name being placed on the list and mail with a subject of DEL  
and no body will result in someone trying to delete the senders name  
from the list.

If the maintenance becomes too much I will install an automatic mail  
software so that we can have as much fun on this list as the  
[email-masked] list :-).

---

From: "Guy R. Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 16:44:29 -0700

> Thanks for sponsoring the mail list.  But I just tried
> to subscribe and it bounced.  I'm pretty sure I got the
> address right, because I just cut-and-pasted it in an xterm.
> And what you gave us looks reasonable.
> 

> Here's the bounce message for diagnostic purposes:
> 

And newaliases has been run ( now :-).