Subject: int4 Array

From: [email-masked] (Mike Tung)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 11:52:06 -0500

Hi, 

i found there are 4 byte gap in the structure for array of int4.

   like:   struct varlen {
               int    vl_len;
               ....(gap about 4 bytes);
               char vl_dat[1];
           }

what are those 4 bytes for ?

Thanks in advance.

-mike

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/