Subject: Installing postgres v2r0

From: Arancha Camara Arthaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 91 06:24:53 -0700

Hello!
I am trying to install Postgres, but it gives me a fatal error. I think
that this error is for the port parameters.

I am installing in a Sparcstation ( Sun4 3.30).

When i run the newport in the newconf directory, it asks me for the
port, i say it "sparc", and then it asks me for the object directory, 
and i enter return ( i am not very sure if is the correct key)

And when i perform a compilation, i type "Make everything" then it compilates
the modules ACCESS, COMMANDS, EXECUTOR, LIB, PARSER, PLANER,PORT,STORAGE,
RULES, TCOP, UTIL, INH, ... AND WHEN START LINKING, IT SAYS ME:

 *** error code 1
    make: Fatal Error : command failed for target 'AM.stat?

and then it says me again:

  *** error code 1
   make: Fatal Error:command failed for target '/home/bd/postgres/obj.sparc/
support/backend'

and the last says me:

  ***error code
   make : Fatal error: Don't know how to make target 'home/bd/postgres/
obj.sparc/support/byf-sync.o'

And then it finish the compilation.

What can i do?

Thanks for all you can say me.

Bye  Arancha