Subject: uint4 built-in type supported?

From: Dave Pinkney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1993 18:18:33 -0400

Is the postgres built-in type uint4 (4 byte unsigned long) supported
yet?  I get an error from the backend when I try to use it as a base
type.  

Thanks,

Dave Pinkney
[email-masked]

Transcript of session:

Welcome to the C POSTGRES terminal monitor

Go 
* create test_class(name = text, age = uint4) \g

Query sent to backend is "create test_class(name = text, age = uint4) "
WARN:Sep 18 18:10:55:type name lookup of uint4 failed

Go 
* create test_class(name = text, age = uint2) \g

Query sent to backend is "create test_class(name = text, age = uint2) "
WARN:Sep 18 18:11:06:type name lookup of uint2 failed

Go 
* create test_class(name = text, age = int4) \g

Query sent to backend is "create test_class(name = text, age = int4) "
CREATE
Go 
* \q
I live to serve you.