Subject: PgHost

From: Vivek Shivpuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 16:40:11 -0500 (EST)

I would like to be able to change my Postgres server from within 
 a Libpq program, any ideas on how to do this? If at all this is
 possible.

 I see that there is an internal variable called "PQhost", which I 
 am unable to access from within Libpq, let alone be able to change
 it.

 Any ideas?

 Vivek
 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 14:16:06 -0800

>  a Libpq program, any ideas on how to do this? If at all this is

from the reference manual (the postscript for which should be in
doc/ref.ps, and if it's not then you're not using postgres 4.1):

  PQfinish       Close communication ports with the backend.  Terminates com-
		 munications and frees up the memory taken up by the LIBPQ
		 buffer.
  PQsetdb        Make the specified database the current database and reset
                 communication using PQreset (see below).
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki