Subject: Re: postmaster and HP

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 11:13:36 -0800

Jean HECTOR <[email-masked]> writes:
> The port of postgres v4.2 from s2k on HP (HPUX 9.0) seems to work fine
> but...
> unlike any other program, postmaster, launched by the user postgres with
>     nohup postmaster &
> aborts when the user postgres delogs.

use the -S option to detach the postmaster from your tty.  i think
this is actually mentioned somewhere in the user manual as being a
good idea on hp-ux (or anything else that isn't strongly bsd-ish in
flavor).
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 11:13:36 -0800