Subject: Dynamic Loader for Sparks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 18:11:24 -0800

Two questions:

	We are running postgres v3r1 on sparkstation IPCs.  Does the lack
of a dynamic loader mean that we will be unable to write user defined
function in C?

 	Second, without user defined functions how can one retrieve all
elements of postgres base type arrays.  IE. given the following class:

        emp (name = char16, age = int4, salary = in4[12])

How can I retrieve all 12 elements of salary for a given instance?

Thanks in advance
Bryan

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 91 14:10:47 PST

> of a dynamic loader mean that we will be unable to write user defined

The dynamic loader for the sparc port should work on your sparc IPC.

> How can I retrieve all 12 elements of salary for a given instance?

all array functionality is built into the postgres dbms.  To retrieve the
entire array you can do either:

	retrieve (emp.salary)

or

	retrieve (emp.salary[1], emp.salary[2], ..., emp.salary[12])

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]