Subject: Status of the project

From: Mathias Bage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 19:46:44 +0100

Hi postgressers!

I'm new to this list, and also a postgres newbie.  Currently I run 4.0.1
on a linux-box, but I have 4.1 patches.

What I'd like to know is:

  o What's the status of the project?  What are these rumors about a
    commercialized version?

  o How do I get hold of updated ref-pages?  The ones seen in 4.1 are from
    1992.

Thanks in advance.

/Mathias

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 11:07:24 -0800

>   o What's the status of the project?  What are these rumors about a

the final release will go out in a week or so, depending on how 
long marc takes to package things up and test out the tar file
and i take to finish updating the manual.  it would have been
sooner but i spent some extra time nailing some multiuser bugs
after we had frozen (slushed) the code.

a commercial version with SQL and many added features (like real
crash recovery) is available from montage software.  contact 
[email-masked] for details.

>   o How do I get hold of updated ref-pages?  The ones seen in 4.1 are from

the release was from early '93.  do you want manual pages that 
post-date your source? :-)

there are some new man pages in the next release.  the "timestamps"
only get updated if people happen to remember to change them, though
(it's not automated), so they're almost useless anyway.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki