Subject: copy command ( 4.1 )

From: Niranjan Perera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 16:29:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi:

Is there a way to get postgres to dump the classes out, and the file
be owned by the user instead of "postgres" ?

-- 
+----------------------------------------------------------------?------+
| Niranjan Perera, 415 GSRC Bldg,CS Dept,  [email-masked]    ~~~     |
| University Of Georgia, Athens GA30602.   (706)-548-5826     ( . . )   |
+-----------------------------------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-+

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 20 May 94 15:32:58 -0700

> be owned by the user instead of "postgres" ?

not using the copy command into a file.  copy runs in the server, 
which runs as user postgres.  only the superuser (root) can become
another user.

however, there's nothing to keep you from running "copy to stdout"
and directing the result of that into a file.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki