Subject: Handling of error messages

From: [email-masked] (Paul Brunner)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 11:16:02 EDT

Is there a relation somewhere in the POSTGRES data area where all of the 
error messages are stored?  Or is there one source file or a very small set
of source files where the possible error messages are kept?

I am interested in hearing how people handle error processing due to the
fact that only the PQexec and PQfn calls return an explicit error 
indication. If one wants to handle specific errors in different ways,
one has to parse the textual error message to determine the exact kind
of error. This is not as easy to process as if the functions returned specific 
numerical error codes, for example.

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: "Andrew K. Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 16:09:54 -0700

> of source files where the possible error messages are kept?

nope.

-andrew