Subject: Limit on number of users and compilation of C++ code

From: "I. Ahmad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 20:02:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

If someone knows any limit on the number of users for postgres using 
simultaneously. I am using version 4.2. Is it a good idea to use it for 
class projects of a size of 100 students?

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

The second question is related to compilation of a sample code of C++ 
given in the subdir postgres/src/contrib/cplusplus/pgtest.c of version 
4.2. I am trying to compile this sample code using AT&T C++ compiler 
version 1.3. However the complier gives some (weired) error messages. 
Following is the compilation command and the error messages:

% CC -I/usr/local/postgres/include pgtest.c
"/usr/local/attc++/incl/stdlib.h", line 51: error: two perror()s with c linkage
"/usr/local/attc++/incl/malloc.h", line 41: error: two mallinfo()s with c linkage
2 errors
%

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         ___              Imran Ahmad                          ___
       ( . . )            Dept. of Computer Science          ( . . )
       _\ ` /_            Wayne State University             _\ ` /_
      (_  .  _)           Detroit, MI 48202                 (_  .  _)
       / ___ \            Phone (off): (313)577-6771         / ___ \
       \/   \/            e-mail: [email-masked]           \/   \/
        -----                                                 -----

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================