Subject: benchmark

From: [email-masked] (Ben Verghese)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 14:49:31 -0700

I am trying to port POSTGRES 4.1 to an SGI system. I ran the Wisconsin
benchmark test and got a bunch of numbers. I have got a handbook that explains
what the tests are. I do not care much about the actual numbers. However, to
view them in some kind of perspective, it would be useful to have another set
of numbers to compare with. 

Does someone have or know where to obtain the similar numbers for some other
DB system, preferably a commercial one ?

Also, are programs or scripts for the TPC benchmarks available to try on
POSTGRES ?

I have appended the numbers from my run.

thanks,

	ben

********************************************************************************
Ben Verghese				Ph: 	(415) 723-4388 (office)
Computer Systems Lab				(415) 725-3732 (lab)
Electrical Engineering Dept.		Email:	[email-masked]
Stanford University
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************