Subject: Type Circle doesn't work.

From: "Dieter.Pfoser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 14:47:26 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
I can't use the type circle given as an example in chapter 12 in the 
Postgres manual.
I am using the provided makefile.solaris to create circle.o.
My compiler is the modified 2.5.8 coming with the precompiled Postgres 
Version for Solaris 2.3 .
It is possible to create the circle_in, circle_out functions and the type 
circle in my database. Also the creation of the equality function and the 
operator works.
If I create now a class as described in the manual (works!) and I wanna 
add a tuple to it, the backend crashes.

So I think now that the circle_in function causes the problem.

I am using the following:
Postgres v4r2 precompiled for SunSolaris 2.3.
gcc 2.5.8 modified compiler included in that Postgres package.
SparcStation 5 with Solaris 2.3.

So, thanks a lot in advance!

Dieter Pfoser
University of Antwerp, Belgium

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/

---

From: [email-masked] (King Rhoton)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 14:39:12 -0500

>Version for Solaris 2.3 .

I rebuilt Postgres 4.2 executables for Solaris 2.3 from source and noticed
the same problem.  However, after running the regression tests, (and "sh
diffcomp" or whatever the difference sniffer is), the problems with circle
were not flagged, so I assumed it was a known bug in 4.2.  So, can anyone
attest that the circle type does work with 4.2 on Solaris 2.3?

King Rhoton                                      [email-masked]