Subject: user defined type array

From: Ramesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 92 14:54:22 -0800

Hi Netters,

         I was using Arrays of user defined types as given in manual. In Which
using a circle example created a class containing an array of circles ie

          * create circles (list = circle[])
          * \g

This was fine, but when I append records to this using
  * append circles (list = "{"(1.0, 1.0, 5.0)", "(2.0, 2.0, 10.0)"}")     \g

I get Error : No response from the backened, exiting...
I tried running postmaster at backened but that doesn't seem too work too.
Any suggestion or correction need to be made for appending the record.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Shetty [ [email-masked] ]

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 92 13:06:46 PST

> Any suggestion or correction need to be made for appending the record.

This problem stems from a bug in the array code.  It hits the comma in
the circle constant and treats it as an array element delimiter.  If you
want arrays of user adt's to work you have to pick a different delimiter
character (i.e. change the circle adt).  I have fixed the bug for the next
release.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]