Subject: HP-UX Port

From: [email-masked] (Fernando Ariznavarreta)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1993 18:11:08 +0100 (MDT)

Is there a port to hp-ux v 9.0 of Postgres v 4.01 or 4.1?

I'm now using a port made by Paul Aoki, but I've heard of a port
supported by the Postgres team.

Any information about this will be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
-- 
Fernando Ariznavarreta Fernandez       E-Mail:[email-masked]
Dpto. Explotacion y Prospeccion de Minas     Phone: +34 8 510 4267
School of Mines. University of Oviedo               +34 8 510 4336
Independencia, 13                            Fax:   +34 8 510 4242
Oviedo 33004, SPAIN                                 +34 8 510 4340

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 10:14:39 -0700

> supported by the Postgres team.

credit where credit is due..  the port currently in 
/pub/postgres/unofficial-ports is the 4.0.1 port by Rik Turnbull at 
Liverpool.  it supports hp-ux 8.07.

Rik's changes have been folded into the current development postgres 
system and hacked to work with hp-ux 9.01.. so 4.2 works on hp-ux 
8.07/9.01.

please send any questions with respect to release dates to marc.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki