Subject: createdb error

From: Leonard Norrgard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 92 03:56:32 -0800

After some days, I had finally a compiled and linked Postgres's programs
   in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.2.  So I was very happy, and tried the creation
   of my first database:

   % setenv POSTGRESHOME ~postgres
   % postmaster &
   [1] 18929
   % createdb postgres
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 83
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 75
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 81
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 71
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 90
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 99
   NOTICE:Dec 11 10:07:51:CatalogHasIndex: no relation with oid 100
   WARN:Dec 11 10:07:51:heap_beginscan: !RelationIsValid(relation)
   /usr/postgres/bin/createdb: database creation failed on postgres.
   %

   Any suggestion?

Looks like you didn't "./Make install" (or it failed) nor issued a
separate initdb command.  Try "initdb -v" while logged in as postgres.

-- Leonard