Subject: General question

From: [email-masked] (Raghavan Chakraavarti 341-8523)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 18:52:12 +0600

Hi,
  I dont have vast database experience so please kindly guide me.
  I am working on an application where there are different users using the 
  system. Any user is expected to send a form to another. The user receiving 
  the form should be able to view it as it is. The form will be a GUI object, 
  I cannot email this form. Will I be able to route such forms between users ?
  Actually I want to develop some kind of workflow application.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance
Raghavan Chakravarti

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 20:17:14 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from internet.postgres: 10-Feb-95 General question R.
[email-masked]. (1054)

>   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What exactly is it that you want /need the database to do?  Do you want
the database to store information about the various types of forms so
that your UI code can reconstruct the form?  Do you just want to store
that data that is entered into the form?  Just what is it you want the
database to do?  If you want advice, you need to be much more specific
about the problem(s) you are trying to solve.

Robert

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 20:17:14 -0500 (EST)

Robert