Subject: The Ultrix 4.3 thing

From: [email-masked] (Brendan Murray)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1993 11:52:14 -1100 (GMT-12:00)

Seeing as we have heard that there IS a patch for postgres, I thought I
might contact DEC. Those of you who are fortunate enough to deal with
DEC telephone support will know that no matter how well known a problem
or its solution, DEC support will NOT send you a patch unless you log a
problem. 

They (DEC Australia) have never heard of a patch resolving a shmat()
problem, or postgres. If the patch that was supplied is an 'official'
DEC patch can more details be posted (like its patch number - it ought
to have one).

BTW the 4-liner that illustrated the problem seems to work fine on a
DS5000/200 running 4.3 (smmax 2048, smseg 16, smbrk 1024), though
postgres hangs the box solid, so I can't even convince DEC that the
problem exists.

-- 
 Brendan Murray	,		[email-masked]
 Computing Services Centre, 	(03) 479 8597
 University of Otago		
 Dunedin, New Zealand