Subject: Is the a Convex port ?

From: Heiner Strauss <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Nov 93 16:36:41+0100

Hi !
Is there a Convex port for Postgres ? Or some help for
porting in general ? I find it difficult to do this.
   Heiner

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 93 08:29:17 -0800

[email-masked] (Heiner Strauss) writes:
> Is there a Convex port for Postgres ?

not that i know of.

i do think it's kind of strange that you're involuntarily getting 
all of that debugging output from bmake given that the debug flag 
is explicitly initialized to zero.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki

---

From: [email-masked] (Jaye Mathisen)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 14:10:43 -0700

On Nov 1,  7:59, Heiner Strauss wrote:
> Subject: Is the a Convex port ?
> Hi !

How many times are we going to get this message?

-- 
 Jaye Mathisen, COE Systems Manager                (406) 994-4780
 410 Roberts Hall,Dept. of Computer Science
 Montana State University,Bozeman MT 59717	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 93 17:24:10 -0800

> How many times are we going to get this message?

you got it once correctly..  you got it once thanks to the bogus
swedish gateway..  you got it once because the mail server rebooted
before the message was delivered to all recipients.  with any luck 
you won't see it again.  sorry for the problems.

btw, just so everyone knows, the reason why the mail server went 
down was that the server (postgres.berkeley.edu, 128.32.149.1) was 
being decommissioned.  postgres was a sun 3/280 running sunos 3.5, 
the project's second development machine (the first being ucbingres,
a vax 11/780).

"postgres.berkeley.edu" is now a DNS nickname for a DECstation
3000/500X (nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU, 128.32.149.115) running OSF/1
and the latest version of sendmail.  we hope that things will be a 
bit more stable, mail-wise (though we can't really do anything about
stupid stuff like broken news/mail gateways, redistribution lists with
subscribers who are on anon.penet.fi, etc. etc.).

if you have any problems with the list, send mail to post_questions
or owner-postgres.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki