Subject: 8 bits character codes in Postgres

From: [email-masked] (George Kouznetsov)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 92 02:15:10 -0700

We are going to introduce Postgres in Russia.
This imposes to use 8-bits codes (ascii + cyrillic letters).
The same problem exists in some other country.
Having substantial experience with it, we realize all potential
sources of trouble. And I guess It's possible for us to cope with 
mixed text strings as set of new data types.

My question is, should we expect to encounter troubles using
unsigned chars with standard types like char, char16, text?
Any ideas would be of great importance for us.

Thanks in advance.

George Kouznetsov

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Kyongsok Kim)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 92 18:17:59 -0700

i am glad to see this message.
i also plan to use hangul data (korean script) in postgres.
(no specific schedules yet...)
good luck.

k kim