Subject: Help : How to change kernel on irix ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 94 10:34:13 -0800

Have any body install the postgres on a SGI irix? I don't know how
to change in kernel to set levels of shared memory and semaphores.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Lizhan Yao
Inst of Atmos Physics, Academis Sinica
PRC

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: "Ray E. Flanery Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 09:36:19 -0500

I have it running under Irix5.2. There appears to be a problem still
with the 'listen' stuff (which I do not use).

As long as people are willing to keep me informed of any bugs they
correct, I do not mind putting it somewhere for others to access.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   Raymond E. Flanery Jr., Director
             Advanced Visualization Research Center, ORNL
 (615)574-0630                                     [email-masked] 
 (615)574-0680 fax                        http://www.epm.ornl.gov/~flanery/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Cleveland Browns
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "When the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more,
another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again."
                           --- William Beebe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                   "Loyalty above all else, except honor"