Subject: GDEP, successful installed?

From: [email-masked] (Peter Fuetterer)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 17:21:00 +0100

Hello,

I would like to see if anyone was successful to 'make' (install)
GDEP (Graphical Development Environment for Postgres) for a SPARCstation
(my system is SunOS 4.1.2, sun4c).
Also I am interested on experiences, guidelines and recommendations.
It is curious, but I can not see any GDEP stuff here.
Or exist a special mailing list for GDEP?
GDEP would be a nice feature for Postgres or would'nt?

Peter

--

Peter Fuetterer					Triberg +49-7722-4749
[email-masked]

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/

---

From: Mark Metson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 00:56:47 -0400 (AST)

> (my system is SunOS 4.1.2, sun4c).

The biggest snag is, you need Motif development system (libraries etc)
in order to compile it. Motif costs money, how much money I have no idea.

> GDEP would be a nice feature for Postgres or would'nt?

Yes it would. Binaries for linux would be nice... any linuxers with Motif
care to compile it and put it up for ftp ?

--
Mark Metson              How many mystics does it take to bring Peace on Earth?
[email-masked]      Only one - but each one has to do it for themself.....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^----> [ email address soon to be [email-masked] ]
===============================================================================
This posting is 'software for wetware' placed under version 2 of the GNU public
license. Intent being: IF YOU DISTRIBUTE IT YOU CANNOT RESTRICT REDISTRIBUTION!
(This is a GNU-ware .signature: please re-use and re-cycle!)
===============================================================================