Subject: living objects

From: [email-masked] (Christoph Kukulies)
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 93 04:28:38 -0700

Is it possible in postgres to create something like living
objects which 'awake' when their time is 'come' and then take some
action that is coupled to that event like mailing a user. OTOH,
that object should be able to receive 'mail' and change it's
state appropriately.

I know this sounds a bit abstract, but I read that Postgres is
some kind of OODB.

Reason behind: I need something for registering, tracking and auditing
customer bug reports, requests and a lot of other things
you can imagine happening in a company. 

I would prefer the latter over a method querying the database daily,
doing some date comparison, and taking action upon the result.

Another question: Does anyone know of a program called 'Keyfile'
which is supposed to perform similar actions as described.

--Chris
Christoph P. U. Kukulies
[email-masked]
*** Error code 1
 
Stop.