Subject: It is and it isn't

From: [email-masked] (Rowland Johnson)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 93 11:33:44 -0700

Does anybody have a hint as to what is wrong here? It would seem that
some part of the system thinks that gazt2indx is an index and another
part of the system thinks that gazt2indx is not an index. I had assumed
that some system table is screwed up. However, gazt2indx does not appear
in any of the pg_* tables.

====================================================================
* define index gazt2indx on gazt2 using rtree (location box_ops)\g

Query sent to backend is "define index gazt2indx on gazt2 using rtree (location box_ops)"
WARN:Aug  4 11:29:43:gazt2indx already contains data

Go 
* remove index gazt2indx\g

Query sent to backend is "remove index gazt2indx"
WARN:Aug  4 11:30:05:index "gazt2indx" nonexistant

Go 
* destroy gazt2indx\g

Query sent to backend is "destroy gazt2indx"
WARN:Aug  4 11:31:13:gazt2indx is an index relation
=====================================================================

  Please send responses to 

Rowland R Johnson        [email-masked]
                         510-423-3064

---

From: Michael Ubell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 93 11:53:02 -0700

I would guess that the file for that index did not get removed and the system is
reusing it.  Look in your database directory.