Subject: Re: rewriting to Large Objects

From: [email-masked] (Alfredo Sanchez)
Date: Fri, 28 May 93 17:43:56 -0700

Hi,

Some time ago I posted a msg describing problems I had when
rewriting to inversion large objects. In essence, it was something like:

> When the object to
> be replaced is smaller, p_write works well. But if it's larger, then
> only those characters beyond the last char of the old object are
> written.

I just retook my project, upgraded to pg 4.1, and the prob
is still there. Has anyone else had this problem?
By taking a look at the actual files used to store the large
objects I'm testing, it seems that all data are there (the
different versions of the data). So I'm guessing there's
something wrong with the p_read routine.
Everything works fine when I use Unix files instead of the
inversion system.

Thanx in advance for any help you can provide,

J Alfredo Sanchez H
-------------------
Hypermedia Research Lab
Texas A&M University