Subject: composite type assignments

From: "Patrick M. Landry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 92 14:45:34 -0700

I grabbed v3.1 last week and installed without a hitch. Thanks.

My question has to do with assignments to composite types.
Is defining a function (as illustrated in the user manual) the
only way to do this? I would think using a set expression would work
but since this isn't yet supported...

By the way; I am writing an Open Look front end to Postgres. Anyone
else doing this?

Thanks.
--
patrick

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 92 11:19:01 PDT

> but since this isn't yet supported...

Yes, this is the only way.  Composite type support is pretty weak in
the current release.  It will be better in the next.  However, even then
(in the utopian future) I think you will need functions to make the
assignments.

Jeff