Subject: retrieve portal-into

From: [email-masked] (Alfredo Sanchez)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 92 17:30:01 -0700

Dear PG Developers:

Is there any chance of having the functionality of
"retrieve" extended to do both retrieve-portal and
retrieve-into at a time? I have programs that create
classes from existing ones and then are searched, joined,
etc., but which are also needed in memory as arrays for fast
access. Currently I have to opt for either using portals
and implement db operations in memory, or creating
"into-classes" with db operations possible but very
slow access.

I was thinking that in order upon creation of these "into-classes"
data may also be made available through portals if requested.
Am I asking too much?

Thanks in advance,

J Alfredo Sanchez H
-------------------
Hypermedia Research Lab
Texas A&M University