Subject: 2 quick questions

From: "David J. Hughes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 93 16:15:12 -0800

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.  I'm using 3.1
as the backend to a Network Management system I'm working on for my PhD
and I need to gather information about the relations/classes in a given
database.

	1. Is there a way of generating a list of classes in a given
		database (via libpq)?

	2. Is there a way of determining the type of a field in a class
		when there is no data in the class?  I can list the types
		if tuples exists but that doesn't cover all situations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  (or a apointer to a more approp.
place to ask such questions).

Many thanks,

   ___                                   David J. Hughes     [email-masked]
  /   \                /  /    /        
 /  __/ __   __   ____/  /    / __             Senior Network Programmer
/    \ /  \ /  \ /   /  /    / /  \  /       Comms Development & Operation
\____/ \__//   / \__/   \___/ /   / /    Qld. 4229  AUSTRALIA  (+61 75 951450)