Subject: port to HP-UX

From: Wolfgang Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 93 04:25:28 -0700

Hallo everybody,

it look so, that I am not the only one who is interessted on a port of Postgres
to the HP 9000/720 running HP-UX 8.xx, so this is the mail I got from 
Richard Turnbull:
> Hi, I have ported postgres 4.01 to HPUX 8.07 though I must stress it is
>in no way ideal. I am currently having a bash at postgres 4.1 and hopefully
>this will be more stable and I can fix all reported bugs.

>If you want to pick up postgres it is available from "ftp.csc.liv.ac.uk"
>(138.253.42.172) in /hpux/Users/postgres-4.01 in compressed tar.Z format
>or gzipped .tar.z format.

>Note you have been warned - it's your thesis!!

>Rik.

>.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=.
>|                               |                                       |
>| Richard Turnbull              |       HPUX Porting & Archive Centre   |
>|                               |       Dept. Computer Science          |
>| E-mail:                       |       University of Liverpool         |
>| [email-masked]   |       Liverpool L69 3BX               |
>|                               |       England                         |
>| Phone: (051) 794 3704         |                                       |
>|                               |                                       |
>.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=.

Enjoy it

	Wolfgang