Subject: initdb

From: [email-masked] (PostgresRDBMS)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 19:09:54 +0400

Hi, I'm installing postgres 4.1 and I'm having some problems with
initdb (in Solaris/Sparc).

The output is:

FATAL 1:Jan 12 19:04:37:DoChdirAndInitDatabaseNameAndPath: chdir(""): Bad addres
s                                                                               
FATAL 1:Jan 12 19:04:39:DoChdirAndInitDatabaseNameAndPath: chdir(""): Bad addres
s                                                                               
FATAL 1:Jan 12 19:04:42:DoChdirAndInitDatabaseNameAndPath: chdir(""): Bad addres
s                                                                               

My environment is:

POSTGRESHOME=/usr/local/postgres
PGDATA=/usr/local/postgres/data 
PATH=.:/usr/local/postgres/bin:.....

Please if anyone can help me let's me know.

Thanks in advance

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/