Subject: Arrays

From: SEP Lutz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 92 01:33:49 -0700

Here is another problem with arrays on SPARC, SUN OS 4.1.

Any attempt to replace a single item in an array failed.
The class structure is:

        create atest2(array=int4[8])

After appending

        append atest2(array="{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}")

the replace command

        replace atest2(array[1]=3)

failed. The error message is

        Query sent to backend is "replace atest2(array[1]=3)"
        WARN:May  6 10:02:10:parser: syntax error at or near "["

How do we get around this Problem?

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Mon, 11 May 92 11:48:12 PDT

> How do we get around this Problem?

This functionality isn't supported (although it should be).  There isn't
a workaround except to specify the entire constant.  I will add it to the
to-do priority queue.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]