Subject: the large object

From: [email-masked] (Mike Tung)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 09:43:29 -0500

Hi, everyone,

I would like to see if anyone was successful to use the large object
of UNIX file.  I tried to define the large object, like below:

define type UnixObj (internallength = variable,
        input = lo_filein,
        output = lo_fileout)
\g
create image_2 (
        name = text,
        raster = UnixObj
)
\g
append image_2 (name="mike", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/bmcd1.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="gary", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/gary.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="travis", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/bpti_pcg.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="carb", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/carb3.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="jane", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking1.gif")

is", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/bpti_pcg.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="carb", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/carb3.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="jane", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking1.gif")
\g
append image_2 (name="ji", raster="/xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking3.gif")
\g
retrieve (image_2.all) \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (image_2.all) "
-----------------------------
| name        | raster      |
-----------------------------
| mike        | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/bmcd1.gif|
-----------------------------
| gary        | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/gary.gif|
-----------------------------
| travis      | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/bpti_pcg.gif|
-----------------------------
| carb        | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/carb3.gif|
-----------------------------
| jane        | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking1.gif|
-----------------------------
| ji          | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking3.gif|
-----------------------------
ray8/mike/bmcd/gif/carb3.gif|
-----------------------------
| jane        | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking1.gif|
-----------------------------
| ji          | /xray8/mike/bmcd/gif/viking3.gif|
-----------------------------

It works.

My question is how to access the class "image_2" with user-defined
C function.  Can I use "GetAttributeByName()" in the C function?
What is the return value of GetAttributeByName() for the large
object?

Thanks.

--mike

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/