Subject: LIBPQ "global" variables

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Turk)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 17:30:56 -0400 (EDT)

I'm wanting to access the "internal variables" provided by LIBPQ.  These
include PQhost, PQport, etc.  I see them all defined in the LIBPQ
section of the manual, but have not been able to determine how a
programmer is supposed to define them in an application program and
access them.  I can't find them defined in any of the .h files and when
I simply define them in my program they are not automatically
initialized with values I'd expect.....

Any help would be appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Turk     Computer Science & Information Systems     Andrews University
Berrien Springs, MI          [email-masked]               (616) 471-3426
==========================================================================

---

From: Jolly Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 93 16:26:55 -0700

> Any help would be appreciated!

You can access these variables by declaring them as extern in your C
program.

- Jolly Chen

---

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Turk)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 19:31:15 -0400 (EDT)

> You can access these variables by declaring them as extern in your C

I've done this and get "core dump".....!  That's what I thought I'd have
to do!