Subject: Montage Newsletter

From: [email-masked] (Amy Fenstermaker)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 93 10:10:56 PST

************************  Montage News  **************************
                          December 1993

This is the first installment of Montage News, a newsletter to keep you up to 
date on Montage Product Releases, Training Classes, Seminars and other 
noteworthy items.  All comments and recommendations on additional topics 
should be addressed to [email-masked].

TRAINING SCHEDULE - Q1 1994

The 2 day "Using Montage" training class will be offered on:
	January 19, 20		Emeryville, CA
	March 8, 9	        Oakland, CA

This class combines lecture and lab to allow you to learn and use the advanced 
Montage DBMS features.  Cost for the class is $650.  To register contact Amy 
Fenstermaker at 510.652.8000 x132 or send email to [email-masked].

SEMINAR INFORMATION

The next Montage Discovery Seminar is planned for Tuesday, February 15, 1994 
in Oakland, CA.  At the seminar you will hear Dr. Michael Stonebraker talk 
about Object-Relational Databases and the Montage DBMS.

This 1/2 day seminar, presented free of charge, starts at 9am, registration 
begins at 8:30am.  To register, contact [email-masked].  If you know of 
someone we should invite to the seminar, please let us know.

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Upcoming releases:
	Maintenance Release: Montage Release 1.2
	This maintenance release also "Montage-izes" Release 1.1.  As you 
	may know, the company changed its name from Miro Systems to 
	Montage Software.  With the name change, the product and 
	documentation are changing.  This release does not require the 
	database to be re-loaded.  The effect on users is minor; there will be 
	a few system initialization routines with new names, and the 
	operating system level commands will have new names.  All 
	LibMontage calls are still of the form "MI_*".  See the Release Notes 
	for details on the changes.  This release is scheduled to certify in 
	December 1993.  If you have purchased updates you will 
	automatically receive this release.

	Montage on Solaris 2.x.
	Montage Release 1.1 has been certified for beta release to run on 
	Solaris 2.2 and Solaris 2.3.  We expect the beta period to be quite 
	short since few changes were made to port Montage to Solaris.  The 
	production release should certify by the end of the year.  With this 
	release you can run the Montage client and server on Solaris 2.x or 
	run a mixed environment with client on Solaris and server on SunOS or 
	vice-versa.

	Montage Sybase Gateway
	The Montage Sybase Gateway allows you to access Sybase data from 
	Montage.  This read/write gateway will be certified for beta release 
	in December 1993.

What else are we working on?  Aside from the products above, we're busy 
working on a number of other things:
	Montage Release 2, focusing on scalability and compliance to 
	FIPS127, is scheduled for beta certification during Q1 of calendar 
	year '94.

	Ports of LibMontage to the PC/Windows and MAC environments are 
	getting underway.

	The Montage Viewer, currently in beta, is being enhanced to 
	improve it's portability and useability.

If you have any questions on the above or wish to participate in any of the 
beta programs mentioned, please contact your sales rep or send email to 
[email-masked].

Suggestions on additional DataBlades should be addressed to Bill Ray at 
[email-masked].  Bill is our Director of Market Development- blades are 
his focus.

PRESIDENTIAL NEWS

Effective December 1, 1993, Dick Williams has been named President and Chief 
Executive Officer of Montage Software, Inc.  Dick is a 21 year IBM veteran.  He 
was President of Digital Research, Inc. and most recently Executive VP of 
Novell Inc. and General Manager of Novell's Digital Research Systems Group.  
Dick's experience, from the mainframe to the desktop, provides him a great 
understanding of customer needs for information technology in the 1990's.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

You may have noticed in the training and seminar sections that some of our 
upcoming events are being held in Oakland, CA.  Montage Software is 
currently located in Emeryville, CA.  In early February, 1994 we will be 
moving to downtown Oakland, CA - easily accessible from San Francisco and 
Oakland airports, local public transit and the San Francisco Bay Bridge.  Our 
Oakland address will be 1111 Broadway, Suite 2000.  The February seminar and 
March class will be held at our new headquarters.

The new facility will better accommodate our rapid growth.  It offers our 
customers a complete training facility.  Our meeting space and demo facilities 
will also be expanded.  We look forward to seeing you in our new location!

************************
Amy Fenstermaker
Sales Coordinator
Montage Software, Inc.
510.652.8000 x132 
*************************