Subject: Question

From: GUO kun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 19:55:55 -0400

I was testing a retrieve command on a class

Circle with x, and y cordinates as float8.
In retrieving an object with particular x I got this 
error message
* retrieve (my_circle.all)\g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (my_circle.all)"
---------------------------------------------------------
| center_y    | center_x    | color       | radius      |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 0           | 0           | (null)      | 1           |
---------------------------------------------------------
| 0           | 0           | (null)      | 2           |
---------------------------------------------------------

Go 
* retrieve (my_circle.all) where my_circle.center_x = 0.0 \g

Query sent to backend is "retrieve (my_circle.all) where my_circle.center_x = 0.0 "
NOTICE:Jun 10 19:45:18:there is no operator = for types float4 and float8
NOTICE:Jun 10 19:45:18:You will either have to retype this query using an
NOTICE:Jun 10 19:45:18:explicit cast, or you will have to define the operator
WARN:Jun 10 19:45:18:= for float4 and float8 using DEFINE OPERATOR

Please let me know what can be done. According to the manual
I have on page 42 (reference man.) the operator
= is defined in both cases float4 and float8.

Thanks,
Kun Guo