Subject: LIBPQ error handling...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 11:37:21 -0700

Is it a feature of all Postgres 4.0.1 ports that errors detected in a
LIBPQ query cause the error/exception handling stuff to tight loop and
eventually core?  Or is it just a feature of my port?

If someone has a fix, please mail...

---
 Robert Withrow, Tel: +1 617 598 4480, Fax: +1 617 598 4430, Net: [email-masked]
 R.W. Withrow Associates, 21 Railroad Ave, Swampscott MA 01907-1821 USA

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 12:19:25 -0700

> eventually core?  Or is it just a feature of my port?

(i hate answering questions about old ports ..)

don't know if this causes your problem, but i think there are some 
places in the 4.0.1 PQexec() where it tries to return a string in a 
char array that is an automatic variable :-P  at least, this also 
caused rik turnbull's hpux port to do the same thing..

i think if you make PQcommand a static variable things work better.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki