Subject: Postgres security

From: [email-masked] (Egan F. Ford)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 9:15:44 MDT

How can I protect my postgres 4.2 data from others on the net?  I was told
the only way was to install kerberos.  Is this still true with the non-beta
release of 4.2?

Thanks.
-- 
Egan F. Ford
[email-masked]

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: Mark Costlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 12:40:51 -0600

On Fri, 22 Jul 94 9:15:44 MDT,
[email-masked] (Egan F. Ford) said:

Egan> How can I protect my postgres 4.2 data from others on the net?  I was
Egan> told the only way was to install kerberos.  Is this still true with
Egan> the non-beta release of 4.2?

This was the only way that I found.  If you find another one, I'd like to
hear about it.

Mark 

--
Mark Costlow
Southwest Cyberport - Public Access Internet in Albuquerque, NM
Email: [email-masked]   Voice: 505-271-0009

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 10:59:29 -0700

> the only way was to install kerberos.  Is this still true with the non-beta

yes.  4.2-final has no new features as compared to 4.2-beta, just a 
new port (solaris2) and a couple of bug fixes.
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776