Subject: Getting oid from append

From: [email-masked] (rich mayfield)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 20:23:31 -0800

When using libpq, I would like to know what the oid of an
object is after appending it to a class.  Is there any
"fast and easy" way of extracting this information?  Seems
like PQexec could return this in its return/status string?
Just an idea...  Thanks!

rich
 --------------------------------------------------------
 Rich Mayfield                     Phone: (510)449-6881
 Software Developer                  FAX: (510)449-6885
 Delta Microsystems Inc.           email: [email-masked]

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 92 14:29:17 PST

> like PQexec could return this in its return/status string?

Currently the only way is to retrieve the tuple you just appended.

Your request is reasonable and has been asked for in the past.  I will
see what I can do...

Jeff