Subject: Alpha AXP OSF 2.0 version of Postgres 4.2?

From: [email-masked] (Tim Smith)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 94 19:40 ADT

Hello All,

I just got a new toy ( DEC ALPHA 3000 m400 ) and would like to install 
postgres. The 'unofficial port list' references a copy on the s2k-ftp site, 
but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
- Tim Smith

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 94 23:38:26 -0700

> but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU is now 128.32.32.79; look in 
pub/postgres/postgres-v4r2

it passed regression on osf/1 1.3, it passed regression when i tried 
it on 2.0 but others have reported problems during regression (and we
no longer have any machines at 2.0), and i'm getting the "no such 
database" problem all over the place on 2.1.  (we just did a en masse
upgrade to 2.1..)
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776

---

From: Tim Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 11:32:41 +0100

> database" problem all over the place on 2.1.  (we just did a en masse
Thanks for the info, I did manage to find out that the osf/1 version 
wasn't in the 'unoffial section' but was part of the 
pub/postgres/postgres-v4r2 makefile. One problem though, after a 
successful compile, the regression test failed all over the place. I'll 
try it again to be more specific. ( I was at the end of a loooonnnng day 
that I ran the regression test :< )

-Tim Smith