From: [email-masked]@apoll.informatik.uni-bonn.de (Bodo Hornberger)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 93 02:34:51 -0800

From:          [email-masked] (Bodo Hornberger)

I'm working with POSTGRES 4.0 and I have to write - for a practical
exercise during my studies - an application with embedded POSTQUEL
commands. The application will consist of a number of tables (I
should better say "classes") that store data of nets, segments,
hosts, bridges, and gateways (that is, the ip-number, the host's name,
cpu type, operating system, and so on). The classes shall be accessed
and modified by a c program.

However, I'm still not clear about the syntax of the embedded POSTQUEL
commands within the c program.

I have looked through all the manual (I've only about 100 pages
alltogether), but there is not very much to be found concerning my
problem.

Is there anyone who could help me with a more detailed documentation
(if there is one) or some example programs that would enable me to learn
about how to embed POSTQUEL commands in applications? Especially some
example programs could really help me, I think.

Thanks for your time and help.

Bodo Hornberger
University of Bonn, Germany
[email-masked]