Subject: XPRS parallel database management system

From: "Viji" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 15:18:52 -0400

Hi,

   In the " Proceedings of the 1992 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on
Management of Data " I read this article on "Exploiting Inter-Operation
Parallelism in XRPS" by Wei Hong. The paper says that XPRS is a multi-user
parallel database management system based on the POSTGRES next-generation
DBMS. Could anyone tell me where I can get more documentation of XPRS?

Thanks,
 Viji

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 93 13:33:20 -0700

> DBMS. Could anyone tell me where I can get more documentation of XPRS?

there is no documentation per se.

wei graduated and went to work in industry.  while his code worked
on sequents and (part of) it is still in the postgres codebase, the 
parallel execution code has not been tested or maintained since he 
left (we got rid of our sequent :-) and so we do not support it.

wei wrote another xprs paper for the 1991 intl. conf on parallel
and distributed databases.

if you have more questions, address them to "[email-masked]"
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki