Subject: del

From: [email-masked] (Ingo &)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 11:00:43 +0200

del
# and I will resend this message twice every day until I will be
# deleted from this list !!!

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 94 12:07:41 -0800

[email-masked] (Ingo &) writes:
> It appears that a local user (and apparently another irate user from Germany)
> cannot get unsubscribed from the postgres list.

rather than (1) getting irate, which is bad for your blood pressure,
or (2) deliberately trying to be obnoxious, which is unkind to 
people who generally try to be helpful, it is best if people just 
save the instructions that told them how to subscribe.  every copy 
of postgres contains those instructions in the installations notes;
you can't install postgres without having seen them.  they give 
explicit instructions on how to unsubscribe, and a backup address 
to try if the automatic method fails.

ingo, as of now nobody with "uni-sb" in their address is on the 
list, so if you still get mailing list stuff, you're on a local 
redistribution list somewhere.  can't help you with that.  have a
nice life.

this is what the current installation notes say:

----------------------------------------------------------------
If you do want to talk directly to the POSTGRES group, elec-
tronic  mail  is the only method.  We can be reached via the
Internet as
    [email-masked]
A mailing list for POSTGRES announcements and discussion  is
available for anyone who is interested.  If you wish to sub-
scribe to this mailing list, send mail to
    [email-masked]
with ADD as the  subject.   Note  that  mail  sent  to  this
address is processed electronically.  (Deletion requests are
handled by sending mail to the  same  address  with  subject
DEL.)
The mailing list itself is called
    [email-masked]
and all mail sent to this address will be will be routed  to
the  mailing  list  membership.   As  of  the  time  of this
release, this mailing list was being distributed to over 650
sites around the world, so please do NOT send administrative
requests to this address.  If you have any problems with the
mailing list, send mail to post_questions.
----------------------------------------------------------------
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki