Subject: Index and user type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 17:17:23 -0500

Please help,

I haven't been able to get the postgres user manual chapter13 example
to work at our site for version 4 revision 1 or 2.  This is on a Sparc
running SunOS 4.1.3.

Everything works fine until I try to define an index using the new opclass.
This is what happens...

Go 
* define index pairsind on pairs                                        
        using btree (number int4_abs_ops)
\g

Query sent to backend is "define index pairsind on pairs        using btree (number int4_abs_ops) "
FATAL: no response from backend: detected in PQexec

Can anyone please help?  Whats wrong?
Has anyone made this example work?
Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance - Glenn Iwerks

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/