Subject: postgres v4r1 port

From: Elizabeth T Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 15:44:03 -0500

Has there any port of postgresv4r1 to SGI? How about
HP?

Thanks for any info.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 1994 02:14:31 -0800

Elizabeth T Wei <[email-masked]> writes:
> Has there any port of postgresv4r1 to SGI? How about HP?

ben verghese ([email-masked]) had a 4.1 port to irix
(don't remember which version of irix).

rik turnbull at liverpool ported 4.0.1 to hpux 8.07.  i took his
changes and merged them into our source, so 4.2 will support hpux.
(all of the machine to which i have access were upgraded to 9.01
or 9.00, so i have no idea if it works under 8.07 anymore.)

related news:

as previously mentioned, osf/1 (alpha axp) and aix (power) will
also be supported.

i'm still trying to get as many of the fixes for linux, svr4 and 
nextstep into the tree before the 1st as i can.  (sorry, robert,
i'm *not* going to ansi-fy the functions..)  i can't test any of 
it, so, it won't be complete support, but it should be a friendlier 
porting environment with the broken prototypes and more egregious
bsdisms fixed.

at some point we will provide patches for solaris.  sun generously
donated a pair of SS10s to support this (the sparcstation currently 
available to us runs 4.1.3 in order to run a 4.1.3-specific 
third-party app..).
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki