Subject: postgres init problem

From: [email-masked] (Ben Verghese)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 93 19:07:49 -0700

I am porting postgres 4.1 to an SGI system. I got the compile done. The initdb
seems to complete successfully. However when I do a createuser i get the
following:
 
WARN:Aug 25 18:37:47:cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_user
/chutzpah/jlh1/verghese/postgres/src/bin/createuser: database access failed.

I rand the backend in dbx and noticed that it is failing in the
initialization. It is trying to check and see if postgres is a valid user and
tries to read the pg_user relation into the cache ?? Has someone seen this
problem? Also can the data area for postgres be on an NFS mounted file system
? This is not the final config that I plan to use, but it would be convenient
for debugging.

	thanks,

		Ben

********************************************************************************
Ben Verghese				Ph: 	(415) 723- 4388 (office)
Computer Systems Lab				(415) 725-3738 (lab)
Electrical Engineering Dept.		Email:	[email-masked]
Stanford University
********************************************************************************