Subject: Postgres v4.2 status?

From: Brian Holman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 11:07:16 +119303928 (MST)

Mike Stonebraker <[email-masked]> states the following:

>We both agreed that code freeze will be 2/1.  She will
>either have her "new" implementation robust and as
>functional as the old one by that date, or she will
>fall back to the "old" implementation.

>As such, we can move ahead with a schedule based on a
>firm 2/1 code freeze.

Does this mean that the Postgres Development team is nearly ready to 
release Postgres v4.2.  If so then approximately how long after
Februrary 1 should us faithful users expect it to be available?  Will
this include the DEC Alpha OSF/1 port as planned?

-- 
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| BRIAN K. HOLMAN          | E-Mail:        [email-masked] |
| Programmer/Analyst       | Mail:    2330 HBLL, Provo, UT 84602 |
| Library Automations      | Phone:               (801) 378-8162 |
| Brigham Young University | Fax:                 (801) 378-3221 |
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+