Subject: Problems with POSTGRES

From: Noemi Romo Villalobos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 92 23:06:13 CST

I have been working with POSTGRES, but I have a lot of problems with
memory. First I give "postmaster &", and then the "monitor" commands.
But when I give "retrieve (u.all) from u in pg_user  \g", the monitor
stay long time; at same time, in other window I watch the memory
available with the "pstat -s" statement, and the memory is less  every
moment, until the process break down. Every time I work with POSTGRES
happen the same. Do you know what is happening?. 

  The last test I did, was with a LIBPQ and C program; the same
happened. I had break down the process and the memory reduce it also. A
"Vfork failed" message was displayed and the machine hanged up.

I'm starting my tesis  prototype, and I have limit time. Could you say 
me how can I do to fix it?

 Thanks.      

Noemi Romo Villalobos.
[email-masked]
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
CETEC 6o. Piso Torre Norte
Monterrey, Mexico.