Subject: bytea ?

From: [email-masked] (Praveen Mamnani)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 1994 20:44:05 +0700

I was converting some programs from SQL to Postgres. SQl uses data type
char(n) where n could be <255. Postgres has char4,8, and 16. How do
I define char of size n in postgres ? 

your help would be appreciated.

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 94 12:58:22 -0700

> I define char of size n in postgres ? 

you write a new data type with its operators, functions, access method
hooks, etc.
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776