Subject: large database on postgres

From: Dik Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 91 08:56:46 -0700

I am going to create a fairly large bibliographic database on postgres.
The database probably will contain over 10,000 records of a few hundred
bytes in each record. Does anyone have experience with creating large
database on postgres? Can someone comment on the efficiency of postgres in 
handling large database or does postgres work at large with large
database?

Dik Lee
Assistant Professor
Dept. Computer and Information Science	[email-masked]
The Ohio State University		..!osu-cis!cis.ohio-state.edu!dlee
Columbus, OHIO 43210-1277		614-292-2568

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg Kemnitz)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 91 10:28:52 -0700

2.3 will not work with this size db, but 3.0 will.

	Greg Kemnitz
	[email-masked]