Subject: Re: SunOS 5.0/Solaris 2.2 and postgres

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 21:05:08 -0800

[email-masked] (kim kyongsok) writes:
> I wonder if we can run postgres with the current OS or
> do we have to switch to SunOS 4.x?

daniel bidwell has a mostly-working solaris port -- you can mail him 
at [email-masked] or look in
	s2k-ftp.cs.berkeley.edu:pub/postgres/unoffical-ports/solaris

as soon as we get a c compiler from sun, avi pfeffer here will take
a swing at porting to solaris.  no promises about time, though.
(every time i say something should take XXX amount of time to do, 
something always comes up ..)
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki

---

From: [email-masked] (kim kyongsok)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 12:17:47 -1500

We got an Sun IPC.  Its OS is SunOs 5.0, which the vendor
said is equivalent to Solaris 2.2.

Thansk in advance.

k kim