Subject: compiling libpq (was: tags.h)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 92 08:29:25 -0700

Well, the "unofficial answer" sent to me by Adam Glass
([email-masked]) was correct: look under
obj.<port>/lib/H/tags.h. It was there, and I got past that part of the
build.

I am now having another problem, which is worse:
    V4/postgres/src/libpq 11 Apr 1:12am:42 % make
    cd ../../obj/@sys/libpq
    cc -I/afs/cs/user/snl/.v4/postgres/include -Dvoid=char -c
    ../../../src/libpq/be-fsstubs.c
    cc -I/afs/cs/user/snl/.v4/postgres/include -Dvoid=char -c
    ../../../src/libpq/fe-pqexec.c
    cc -I/afs/cs/user/snl/.v4/postgres/include -Dvoid=char -c
    ../../../src/libpq/portal.c
    cc -I/afs/cs/user/snl/.v4/postgres/include -Dvoid=char -c
    ../../../src/libpq/pqpacket.c
    /afs/cs/user/snl/.v4/postgres/include/storage/ipci.h: 16: Can't find
    include file sys/ipc.h
    *** Exit 1
    Stop
I, maybe mistakenly, thought that the libpq part of postgres didn't rely
on SysVisms. If it does, then I'm sort of screwed (I'll have to actually
hack up something).

Is there a way around this?
					-- Sean
--
Sean Levy <[email-masked]>		   `... from intuition we can pass to
CMU Engineering Design Research Center      analysis, but not from analysis to
ndim Group                                  intuition.' --Henri Bergson
                      <--  Standard Disclaimers Apply  -->

---

From: postarch (Postgres Mailing Archive)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 92 15:04:48 PDT

> Is there a way around this?

As an experiment I delete the include of ipci.h from pqpacket.c and it
seems to compile just fine without it.

Jeff Meredith
[email-masked]