Subject: postgres on AIX 3.1.x ???

From: [email-masked] (John Rodkey)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 92 14:59:58 -0700

Does anyone in this mailing list know of the existence of a port of
postgres to AIX 3.1.x on the RS/6000  ?  
I have V3R1, and the documentation only mentions the Sun & VAXen as targets.
----------==========[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]==========----------
          John Rodkey, Director of Academic Computing, 
            Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
          [email-masked], uunet!westmx!rodkey

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 May 92 14:32:14 -0700

It took me almost a full HOUR to get libpq to build under AIX 3.1.5 on
an rs6k. I'm not even sure if I can duplicate the bizarre maze of
compiler options, switches and values that let me fool this ridiculous
excuse for a software development environment into letting me do such an
awful thing, except that at one point I had to become root and edit
/usr/include/math.h to keep this piece of SH*T from complaining
endlessly about the redeclaration of class(), which I could NOT, for the
LIFE of me figure out. I haven't even THOUGHT about building the
postmaster or backend on this beast given what I went through to get
libpq to work. I can make what I've got available, if anyone wants it...
it seems to work (with the backend running on a remote sun4).

Cheers,
		-- Sean
--
Sean Levy               		   `... from intuition we can pass to
CMU Engineering Design Research Center      analysis, but not from analysis to
n-dim Group                                 intuition.' --Henri Bergson
    E-Mail: [email-masked]   Fax: (412) 268 5229   Voice: Not bloody likely
            [email-masked]  - To report bugs in BOS
                   <--  Standard Disclaimers Apply  -->