Subject: Copy Problem

From: "David Alan Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 13:15:09 +0100 (BST)

This is a problem one of out Postgres users is having.  He's
using Postgres 4.1.  Any suggestions?

Cheers

Dave

-----------------------------------------

copy a to "/tmp/nev"

-----------------------------------------

from the command line works, "a" has one field "n" of type int4 and the
table contains only one record.

=========================================

define function squeeky
(language = "postquel", returntype = int4)
as "
    copy a to \\"/tmp/nev\\"
    retrieve (x = 1) " \g

(note no warnings/syntax errors)

=========================================

called using:

retrieve (x = squeeky()) \g

=========================================

takes the system down, that is the bugger locks and you CTRL-C out of
it.  Waited for around 5 mins, but the query didn't terminate.

There are no rewrite rules, no instance rules, no other classes, and no
other functions.  (or anything else for that matter)

Note that the directory used is readable and writable by both postgres and
myself.

-- 

Mail ID : [email-masked]

Computing Science, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.  (091) 222 8789

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================