Subject: Help

From: WCA Pulford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 93 16:28:45 METDST

Hello whoever is reading this,

I am Bill Pulford of the Experiments Programming Group at the European
Synchrotron Radiation Facility at Grenoble in France. This is
currently by a large margin the most powerful facility of this sort in
the world. In September 1994 (and before in fact) we open our doors to
the scientific users of Europe and we have recognized the need for a
powerful and widespread database for a diverse set of applications.
These range from the archival of data to the management of users
proposals for experimental time.

While looking around we came upon POSTGRES and have been impressed  by
its capabilities and its applicability to scientific research. We have
its compiled now for our two prevalent types of machine: HP700 under
HPUX V8.07 and 9 and SUN4 under SUNoS 4.1.3.

I have two requests:

1) Could you place me on any mailing list that you have.

2) We have so far been unable to bring a windows based application
into operation. We can work up to a point using Windows Development
tools such as Builder Accessory or HP Architect but it is relatively
hard work to interface this actually to the data. We have tried to put
PICASSO into operation but have so far failed. Can you give me any
advice or help.

--

---------------------------------------------
| WCA Pulford                               |
|                                           |
| European Synchrotron Radiation Facility   |
| Boite Postale 220                         |
| F - 38043 Grenoble Cedex                  |
| France                                    |
|                                           |
| Tel.: +33 76.88.21.48                     |
| [email-masked]                      |
---------------------------------------------