Subject: Postgres V4.2 with Solaris 2.3

From: Guy Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 1994 18:49:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to install postgres 4.2 on Solaris 2.3 but I have some problems.

When i start the postmaster i obtain the following error:

   IpcMemoryCreate: memKey=123585129 , size=855424 ,
   permission=384IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(..., create, ...) failed: Invalid
   argument

I have made the modification asked in the patch file 
postgres4.2beta-solaris.shar but I have used gcc 2.4.6 because I can't 
find the version 1.5.8. on the sites given in the patch file.

Can somebody can give me where to find the version 1.5.8 or how I can 
fix this error ?

P.S.: when I compile I obtain many warnings like:

      src/backend/catalog/pg_proc.c:137: warning: passing arg 1 of
`namestrcmp' from incompatible pointer type

      src/backend/catalog/pg_type.c:395: warning: cast to pointer from 
integer of different size

      src/backend/libpq/be-fsstubs.c:152: warning: initialization from 
incompatible pointer type

The file ipc.c from where I get my error has some warnings like :

src/backend/storage/ipc/ipc.c:441: 
    warning: passing arg 2 of `semop' from incompatible pointer type
    (function `IpcSemaphoreLock')

Thanks, Guy

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================