Subject: "Commercial" use of POSTGRES?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 20:51:51 -0700

I know, the POSTGRES copyright notice directs questions concerning its
commercial use to the "Campus Software Office". However, I am running
out of time (and patience) to wait for this office to answer my letter.

It would be nice if we could use POSTGRES to replace the flat ASCII
files in our research software and so far we've given our software
out for free and there would be no problem to use POSTGRES. However,
the current lack of federal funding will force us to charge for our
software soon. I would appreciate if somebody could tell me whether
or not the "Campus Software Office" allows the "commercial" use of
POSTGRES and if so under what conditions.

Thanks a lot
   __                                      _
  |  )      o       |              |      | \            |        |
  | /    _          |_   _    _   _|      |  |           |     _  |
  |/\   /_) |  ^ ^  | |  _)  |   / |      |  | | |  ^ ^  |_)  /_) |
  |  \_/\___|_| | |_| |_(_|__|___\_|      |_/__|_|_| | |_| \_/\___|

  Department of Chemistry            Office: (801) 581-7351         
  2020 Henry Eyring Building b113    Home:   (801) 582-7516         
  University of Utah                 FAX:    (801) 581-8433         
  Salt Lake City, UT 84112           [email-masked]