Subject: Re: SET type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 93 09:19:57 -0800

> I discover that postgres has the SET type but I cannot find it on the
> mannual. Does anyone know how to use this SET type? What is the
> append,retrieve and replace syntax of this SET type?

unless i'm mistaken, the SET type you've uncovered in the pg_type catalog 
is an artifact from a previous implementation effort.  as far as i know,
it doesn't do anything.

carol paxson is currently hacking a form of set expressions into the 
system that will appear in a future release (>= 4.1).  a description
will appear in the documentation for that release; please don't ask
for a description just yet.
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki

  TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE POSTGRES MAILING LIST: SEND MAIL TO
		[email-masked]
  WITH A SUBJECT LINE OF "DEL".  DO NOT SEND MAIL TO THE POSTGRES LIST!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 93 11:20:35 -0800

I will very appreciate if anyone could tell me how to use SET type
through e-mail. Thanks.

Alsn.