Subject: There are bugs, and then there are bugs...

From: Mike Krus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 93 18:11:44 -0500

Hi, 

we have been experiencing problems with databases here.
We have postgres 4.0.1 and are also running geo on sun4 architure machines
runnning SunOS 4.1.1.

Several users have reported tables disappering from the pg_class table but the
data files and the type definitions are still there. But other problems also
appear and I got the following error message :

	WARN:Mar 23 17:51:49:catalog is missing 0 attributes for relid 72352

That relation exists in pg_class and pg_type, and the data is still there.

We also have found core files owned by postgres in the data directories of
some of the users (~postgres/data/base/$USER). I'm not sure these are related

Has anybody experienced such problems? Could it be due to concurrently using
monitor and geo (on the same machine) ?

Deadline for the projects is up and to find out that your database is
currupted at demo time is not a pleasant fealing ;-)

--------
Michael Krus.					 Email : [email-masked]
Concordia University				Universite d'Orsay - Paris XI
Montreal, Canada					        Paris, France
"l'Humanitaire, c'est d'abord une indignation!" -- Bernard Kouchner