Subject: Re: Montage University Grant Program

From: "Rick L. Spickelmier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 09:05:46 PDT

Not wanting to sound too partisan, but is this mailing list for Postgres
information or for database companies to sending press releases?

			    Rick
			    Objectivity, Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 11:13:59 -0700

> information or for database companies to sending press releases?

it makes me a bit uncomfortable, too.  but on the other hand,
if you're giving away supported software that someone could
reasonably use to turn a postgres proof-of-concept system 
into a production system, i doubt you'd get many flames for
mailing it in.

heavy sales advertising would be a bad idea, i agree.  and if 
the kala guys start bombing us, i'll start getting get mad.
(kala has no data model, no query language, ... so it's not a
reasonable substitute.)
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki