Subject: shared memory

From: [email-masked] (Christoph Kukulies)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 92 11:13:45 -0800

>From what I know about Postgres it is making use of shared memory.
I would really love to use postgres under 386BSD but 386BSD, though
a very nice and stable system now, does not have shmem in it's present
state.

Question: Is it possible to use other IPC mechanisms iin postgres to
replace shmem functionality?

Or do we have to implement shmem in 386BSD?

--Chris

---

From: [email-masked] (George Hartzell)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 92 11:58:20 -0800

>replace shmem functionality?

There are several people interested in seeing Postgres run under BSD
based systems (4.4, BSD/386, 386BSD).  If someone doesn't do something
by the christmas break, I'm going to try to look at it.  Other folks
who are interested are:

        [email-masked] (postgres person)
        jon kreuger ([email-masked]).

g.