Subject: Miro Systems --> Montage Software!

From: [email-masked] (Arlene Emenaker)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 19:46:20 -0800

October 8, 1993

Dear Postgres Community:

Effective October 11, 1993, Miró Systems, Inc. is changing its name to
Montage Software, Inc.

We took two key considerations into account in deciding to change our name.
 First, in preparing to launch our company and product into the
marketplace, we wanted a name that more effectively communicates our
business and the attributes of our product.  Second, our legal counsel
advised that the use of the name, Miró Systems, might cause confusion in
the marketplace as a similar name is being used by a computer hardware
company outside the United States. We wanted a name that would be ours to
"own".

Consequently, we are using this as an opportunity to establish a new
company name and corporate identity.  We will be announcing the company and
product later this month, and we want you to be the first to know.  We plan
to expand aggressively the sales, marketing and support of our products
both in the United States and abroad.

We look forward to our future relationship with you as Montage Software,
Inc., and remain committed to your success in using our products and
services.

Sincerely,

Gary J. Morgenthaler
Chairman

  *************************************************************
  *  Arlene Emenaker                      510.652.8000 x125   *
  *  Montage Software, Inc.               510.652.9688 (fax)  *
  *  2000 Powell Street, Suite 1405       [email-masked] or  *
  *  Emeryville, CA  94608                [email-masked]      *
  *************************************************************