Subject: Warning message from postgres

From: [email-masked] (Raj Vadakkencherry)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 15:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

 I get the following warning message when I'm appending to a postgres
 class using libpq calls:

 NOTICE:Aug 31 15:16:26:EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state

 ----------------------------------------
 The append was successful, but the above warning appears after no appends
 took place for a while.

 I'm appending to a class using libpq calls - PQexec("copy from stdin"),
 PQputline("..."), ....  PQputline(".\n") and PQendcopy();
 ----------------------------------------

 What does the message mean ?

Thanks,

Raj.

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]"

   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 94 23:50:08 -0700

>  NOTICE:Aug 31 15:16:26:EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state

it's not clear from your description that this is what's happening,
but this *usually* means that the
	end
(end transaction) command has been executed without a corresponding
	begin
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776