Subject: [[email-masked]: sunita's bufmgr bug]

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 95 21:48:36 -0800

------- Forwarded Message

 From:  "Andrew K. Yu" <[email-masked]>
 To:  [email-masked]
 Cc:  [email-masked]
 Subject:  sunita's bufmgr bug
 Date:  Wed, 8 Mar 1995 15:33:28 -0800

 hey Paul, we seem to have found the bug (that you introduce last July while
 you're optimizing the bufmgr). The bug occurs when BufferReplace releases 
 the lock and before it gets to insert the new tag into the buffer table
 (because it's flushing out a dirty buffer), someone else could have allocated
 another buffer for the same block. And when BufferReplace try to insert the
 new tag, it's already there...
 
 -andrew

------- End of Forwarded Message
--
  Paul M. Aoki          |  University of California at Berkeley
  [email-masked]  |  Dept. of EECS, Computer Science Division (#1776) 
                        |  Berkeley, CA 94720-1776