Subject: fun with mail

From: [email-masked] (Paul M. Aoki)
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 93 14:58:57 -0800

(ok, let's try this again..)

well, the new mail server configuration seems to be pretty stable at
this point.  the swedish guys fixed their gateway software (we also
added a filter to catch this kind of thing at our end).  it was 
unfortunate that both of these events occurred in the same morning -- 
it was very difficult to *do* anything about it while the machines were 
going up and down -- but these things happen, and things seem to be ok 
now.

if you are *still* undergoing, as one person colorfully put it, "the 
unrelenting torture of seeing past messages repeated incessantly" 
(where "incessantly" is defined as more than a dozen-odd duplicate 
messages of any kind over the last day, which is what i received) let 
me know (i.e., do not send mail to the postgres mailing list).  as far
as i can tell our mail queues are empty..
--
  Paul M. Aoki  |  CS Div., Dept. of EECS, UCB  |  [email-masked]
                |  Berkeley, CA 94720           |  ...!uunet!ucbvax!aoki