Subject: select openssl version

From: Marcel Hofstetter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2024 18:41:30 +0200

hi

margay fails with

"configure: error: OpenSSL version >= 1.1.0 is required for SSL support"

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=margay&dt=2024-09-03%2016%3A20%3A20

On the box is a version 1.1.1 installed

-bash-5.1$ /usr/openssl/1.1/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1l  24 Aug 2021

-bash-5.1$ ls -l /usr/openssl/1.1
total 15
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     sys            5 May 24  2022 bin
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     bin            3 May 24  2022 include
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     sys           13 May 24  2022 lib
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     sys            4 May 24  2022 pkgconfig
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     sys            3 May 24  2022 share

I tried using

--with-openssl --with-ssl=/usr/openssl/1.1

but it still fails.

Thanks,
Marcel

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2024 12:53:00 -0400

> OpenSSL 1.1.1l  24 Aug 2021

OK ...

> --with-openssl --with-ssl=/usr/openssl/1.1

Yeah, --with-ssl is not meant to provide a pathname.  You need
to use --with-includes/--with-libs.  As an example, my animal
longfin selects a non-default openssl installation with

	--with-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include
	--with-libs=/usr/local/ssl/lib

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Marcel Hofstetter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 11:35:52 +0200

thanks Tom

Tried, but still fails.

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=margay&dt=2024-09-04%2009%3A29%3A56