Subject: FYI for build farm owners: new oauth feature using libcurl

From: Thomas Munro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 14:32:48 +1300

Hi,

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=b3f0be788
introduced a new oauth feature that uses libcurl and has tests.  You
may want to consider installing libcurl and putting "oauth" into
PG_TEST_EXTRA for coverage.  The systems that can use the new feature
are:

 * those with timerfd and epoll: Linux and probably illumos
 * those with kqueue: macOS and *BSD

Thanks,

---

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 09:15:07 -0500

>   * those with kqueue: macOS and *BSD

You will also need to enable building with libcurl or none of that will 
matter. That means adding "--with-libcurl" to the config_opts if you're 
using configure/make, or "-Dlibcurl=enabled" to the meson_opts if you're 
using meson.

Since this is branch-specific, you need to do it something like this at 
the bottom of your config file:

if ($branch eq 'HEAD' || $branch ge 'REL_18')
{
         push @{$conf{config_opts}}, '--with-libcurl';
         push @{$conf{meson_opts}}, '-Dlibcurl=enabled';
}

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com