Subject: Issue with pgbuildfarm.org

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:17:52 -0400

Greetings,

As some of you may have noticed, the pgbuildfarm.org domain expired
unexpectedy and unintentionally, meaning that many of your buildfarm
animals may no longer be working because they are configured to use that
domain.

We are trying to ressurect the domain and get it working again, but we
do not have a timeline for that right now.

Everyone running a buildfarm member is encouraged to update to use
buildfarm.postgresql.org instead, which has been the default in the
buildfarm configuration for quite a while.

The specific change to make is:

In build-farm.conf, change:

    target => "http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/pgstatus.pl",

to

    target => "https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgstatus.pl",

AND change:

    upgrade_target => "http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/upgrade.pl",

to

    upgrade_target => "https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/upgrade.pl",

If you have any questions regarding this, please let us know.

Thanks!

Stephen

---

From: "Joshua D. Drake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:39:13 -0700

> animals may no longer be working because they are configured to use that

I was under the impression the domain was no longer needed as we started 
using the postgresql.org subdomain years ago. I can get it renewed or we 
can proceed with the below plan. Please let me know.

JD

-- 
Command Prompt, Inc. || http://the.postgres.company/ || @cmdpromptinc
***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:53:43 -0400

Greetings,

(moving this back to -www to discuss it ...)

* Joshua D. Drake ([email-masked]) wrote:
> using the postgresql.org subdomain years ago. I can get it renewed or we can
> proceed with the below plan. Please let me know.

The domain is still in use and the best thing to do, I believe, would be
to have it properly transferred to PGCAC to have it maintained with the
other .Org domains, as Andrew suggested on the -www list and which
Magnus also agreed with.

I've CC'd Christopher Browne who can help facilitate that.

Thanks!

Stephen