Subject: We have no Windows critters contributing typedef lists

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 17:25:02 -0500

A pgindent run I just did showed me that we no longer have entries in
the buildfarm's typedefs list for any typedefs that are used only in
EXEC_BACKEND builds --- and, I suppose, none for Windows-only code
either.  I suppose that one of the recently deceased Windows animals
was the only one contributing those.  We need to improve this situation
before it's time to run pgindent again.

I'm not sure what the infrastructure requirements are for extracting
typedefs from Windows builds.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 11:10:32 +1030

> typedefs from Windows builds.

Nothing special I think. I have just enabled it for jacana and also
for bowerbird which I am reviving. Basically it's just a matter of
adding
    find_typedefs => {},
to the optional_steps part of the config file. That will make it get
the typedefs for every build of every branch.

You should see some results in a few hours.

cheers

andrew

-- 
Andrew Dunstan                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 23:27:49 -0500

> for bowerbird which I am reviving.

Thanks!

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 15:16:51 +1030

> You should see some results in a few hours.

Or not. There is a strange error I will need to get to the bottom of.
Might be a day or two.

cheers

andrew