Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Assorted buildfarm members AWOL for building HEAD

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 15:27:16 -0400

I noticed by perusing
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_members.pl
that several animals are up-to-date on building the back branches,
but haven't built HEAD in some time:

anole (72 days back)
castoroides (74 days back)
hyrax (165 days back)
mule (275 days back)
narwhal (48 days back)

Please check that, if any of these belong to you.  These critters are not
dead, because they've all reported on one or more back branches recently,
but they must be misconfigured somehow.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 10:26:40 -0400

narwhal and castoroides have been cleaned up and should recover on their
next scheduled runs.

On Friday, May 13, 2016, Tom Lane <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Pgbuildfarm-members mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pgbuildfarm-members
>

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:48:26 -0400

> dead, because they've all reported on one or more back branches recently,

It turns out that since the server move the "we haven't heard from you" 
alerts have been broken due to a difference in installed Perl modules. I 
have fixed that. At least some of these machines have alerts configured, 
so future failures of this kind should result in emails to their owners.

If the perl scripts are crashing, which is the most likely cause of no 
reporting at all, please let me know ASAP with details.

cheers

andrew

---

From: Gael Le Mignot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:18:03 +0200

Hello,

 > castoroides (74 days back)

Sorry for the delay but "mule" is now fixed (there was some temporary
files left over after a reboot while a build/test cycle was running).

Regards,

-- 
Gaël Le Mignot - [email-masked]
Pilot Systems - 82, rue de Pixérécourt - 75020 Paris
Tel : +33 1 44 53 05 55 - www.pilot-systems.net
Gérez vos contacts et vos newsletters : www.cockpit-mailing.com

---

From: Josh Kupershmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 09:23:12 -0400

>> but they must be misconfigured somehow.

Sorry for a little delay, hyrax is back running HEAD builds now. The
problem seemed to be that this check was blowing up on the HEAD
branch:

https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/68b1ed2d7832029ee654bec7468b388e3a61ef24/run_build.pl#L366-L367

since the old pgsql.build and pgsql.inst (not certain on the directory
names anymore, I've lost my terminal output since then) were hanging
around in hyrax's buildroot for HEAD. It would be nice if the
buildfarm code could detect this case. I believe I'm PGBuildFarm
running client version 4.15.1.

P.S. I never received Tom's original message to this list though I did
get three other replies in the thread. I've noticed elsewhere that
pgFoundry's mail delivery is unreliable.

Josh