Subject: buildfarm client release 4.18

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:24:34 -0400

I have just released buildfarm client version 4.18.

In addition to some minor fixes, there are two significant changes:

  * The client now makes a determined effort to clean up any left over
    build artefacts from previous runs at the start of a run. It also
    tries to clean away old socket files. That means that manual fixes
    are much less likely to be required, if the script has crashed or
    the machine has crashed or restarted.
  * There is a new config parameter "wait_timeout", which defaults to
    undefined. If it is set then any run that takes longer than the
    specified number of seconds is aborted. That means that runs that
    get stuck will time out, and the whole animal won't be stuck and
    requiring manual intervention. My test animal has a setting of 3 *
    3600, i.e. 3 hours. There is some possible danger in this, that we
    might miss bugs that cause us to get stuck, so at least some animals
    should not use this feature.

The release can be downloaded from: 
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/downloads/releases/build-farm-4_18.tgz>

cheers

andrew

-- 
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:51:09 -0400

>     should not use this feature.

Hm, do you mean that if the timeout is exceeded, it just shuts down and
doesn't report the failure?  If there is a report I don't see how we'd
"miss" anything.

			regards, tom lane

-- 
Sent via buildfarm-members mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/buildfarm-members

---

From: Andrew Dunstan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 22:34:38 -0400

> doesn't report the failure?  If there is a report I don't see how we'd

Yeah, unfortunately. I can look at making it report something, not sure 
exactly how much will be possible.

cheers

andrew