Subject: --with-gssapi requiring MIT Kerberos

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 12:18:59 -0400

Greetings buildfarm-members,

While it hasn't gone in quite yet, the plan is to start requiring MIT
Kerberos with the Kerberos credential delegation support.  I anticipate
committing that later today or perhaps tomorrow.

What this means for buildfarm members is that if you currently have
--with-gssapi enabled, you'll need to make sure that you have MIT
Kerberos installed.  This is generally available as 'krb5' on most
platforms (libkrb5-dev on Ubuntu/Debian is the development package, on
FreeBSD it's the krb5 package, for example).

Additionally, if your buildfarm system has the resources for it and the
localhost network is secure, it'd be great if you would consider
enabling the Kerberos tests in PG_TEST_EXTRA.  This requires having the
MIT KDC and Kerberos client packages installed also, but we are then
able to actually do a full test of the Kerberos system.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Stephen

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 09:01:20 -0400

> committing that later today or perhaps tomorrow.

This change has now been committed.

Thanks!

Stephen