Subject: please reply soon.

From: Mehul Dilip Bastawala <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 22:31:12 -0500 (CDT)

hi - 

thanks for reading this mail.
is the postgres4.2 solaris2.3 object tar file 
"/pub/postgres/postgres-v4r2/SOLARIS-2.3/postgres-v4r2-RCS.tar.Z"
having external large objects enabled. if not, then how should i do it. 
the reference manual says to look into the release
notes for postgres4.2 but i can't find it. 
also i have solaris2.5 and the README files say that the source for 
postgres4.2 doesn't compile on solaris2.4, would it compile on solaris2.5.

basically i am trying to find out the time difference for reading/writing
large objects using the 3 different large object implementations of 
postgres4.2.

if the above tar file doesn't have external large objects enabled
and the source doesn't compile under solaris 2.5 then is there some
way out ???

thanks in advance
mehul.

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/

---

From: "Bryon S. Lape" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 08:39:25 -0400

>is the postgres4.2 solaris2.3 object tar file 

        I would highly suggest getting ahold of Postgres95 1.01.  It works
fine in Solaris 2.5.

bryon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is still amazing how many people think that the year 2000 is the start of
the next century.

Bryon Lape
email: [email-masked]  WWW:http://aztec.lib.utk.edu/~bryon