Subject: B-tree bug

From: Jeff Sidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 07:12:41 -0800

When a b-tree index's scan position is marked, only the
line pointer value is saved.  If the position is restored
after the index scan has read past that page, it doesn't
work.  I noticed this while doing a merge-join with index
scans beneath it (tpc-D query #8).  I have reproduced the
bug with much smaller datasets.  The code to be changed is
in backend/executor/nodeIndexScan.  The procedures are
ExecIndexMarkPos() and ExecIndexRestrPos().

Has anyone else found this bug and possibly fixed it?

Jeff
=============================================================================
                                  JEFF SIDELL

Computer Science Division                            [email-masked]
University of California at Berkeley    http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~jsidell/
=============================================================================

==============================================================================
   To add/remove yourself to/from the POSTGRES mailing list: send mail with 
   the subject line ADD or DEL to "[email-masked]".
   If this fails, send mail to "[email-masked]" and
   a human will deal with it.  DO NOT post to the "postgres" mailing list.
==============================================================================
              URL: http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/