Subject: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source...

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 12:09:25 +0100

... can be found at https://developer.pgadmin.org/builds/2018-06-26-3.1/
and dpage/pgadmin4:2018-06-26-3.1 on Docker Hub.

Fahar; please verify for release on Thursday.

Note that these are the first builds from the new fully automated build
system, and both the Windows and Mac versions now use Python 3, so please
be sure to test with extra care!

Thanks!

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Anthony DeBarros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 13:45:00 -0400

Just fyi, I pulled a copy of the macOS version of this build, and for some
reason I cannot expand the Tables node in the tree on any of my databases
even though there are tables present. Could just be me, but wanted to note.

Using Chrome beta 68; macOS High Sierra; Postgres 9.6

---

From: Fahar Abbas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 23:11:39 +0500

Hi Anthony!

I am not able to reproducible this issue using Browser[Chrome Version
67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)] MAC OS X High Sierra Version
10.13.3; PostgreSQL 9.6

-- 
Fahar Abbas
QMG
EnterpriseDB Corporation
Phone Office: +92-51-835-8874
Phone Direct: +92-51-8466803
Mobile: +92-333-5409707
Skype ID: syed.fahar.abbas
Website: www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Anthony DeBarros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:12:33 -0400

Sounds good! Must just be my environment. Thanks for checking it out!

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 2:11 PM Fahar Abbas <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> Just fyi, I pulled a copy of the macOS version of this build, and for
>> some reason I cannot expand the Tables node in the tree on any of my
>> databases even though there are tables present. Could just be me, but
>> wanted to note.
>>

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 21:28:19 +0200

Re: Dave Page 2018-06-26 <CA+OCxow1BDDXK9K1d-pnSAoBE5O=[email-masked]>
> be sure to test with extra care!

Hmm, ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sshtunnel'

Could you perhaps announce new versions that need new python modules a
bit earlier, so we have time to package them?

Christoph

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 00:13:41 +0100

Hi,

> Fahar; please verify for release on Thursday.

Pushed EL-7, Fedora 27 and Fedora 28 packages to v10 testing repo.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:25:12 +0100

> Using Chrome beta 68; macOS High Sierra; Postgres 9.6

Does it work with release version of Chrome (or Safari)?

If you turn on the developer tools in the browser, do you see anything on
the console?

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:29:07 +0100

> bit earlier, so we have time to package them?

Good point. Not entirely sure how the mechanics of that would work, given
that we're trying to shorten release cycles down to a couple of weeks
(ideally).

That said, for all other builds we're giving up trying to maintain Python
packages. Instead, we're going to be shipping a pre-built Python venv as
part of the package, built using Python 3.6. Whilst it's not perfect from a
"following the packaging rules" perspective, in other cases we're having to
install modules privately for pgAdmin anyway to avoid conflicts with older,
vendor supplied versions, so it's really just a different evil rather than
a new one.

---

From: Robert Eckhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:44:21 +0200

>> 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)] MAC OS X High Sierra Version
Working on my mac as well.

--Rob

>>>> ... can be found at https://developer.pgadmin.
>>>> org/builds/2018-06-26-3.1/ and dpage/pgadmin4:2018-06-26-3.1 on Docker
>>>> Hub.
>>>>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 13:21:57 +0100

Unfortunately I've had to re-spin due to a couple of translation issues
that could prevent server startup. Updated builds are here:
https://developer.pgadmin.org/builds/2018-06-27-3.1-2/

---

From: Anthony DeBarros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 08:49:02 -0400

Just to briefly follow up here. I cleared cookies for 127.0.0.1 in Chrome
(there were three that seemed related to pgAdmin), then relaunched, and now
the nodes expand properly. So, all good. Must have just been something in
my browser session.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:37:32 +0100

Hi,

> https://developer.pgadmin.org/builds/2018-06-27-3.1-2/

Pushed these new packages to the testing repo.

Fahar, please run

yum clean all

before testing the new ones, I did not bump up the build number.

Regards,

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 13:47:06 +0200

Re: Dave Page 2018-06-27 <[email-masked]>
> that we're trying to shorten release cycles down to a couple of weeks

Just drop a note "hey we've added $module" once a non-standard
dependency is added.

> vendor supplied versions, so it's really just a different evil rather than

I'm not going to "pip install" or whatever from the build system.

That said, the web/pgadmin/static/*/generated/ directories have
disappeared from the tarball, so pgadmin doesn't load anymore. Could
you please put them back, as I don't think rebuilding them via yarn is
feasible? Because that's not packaged either...

Christoph

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 13:24:12 +0100

Hi

> Just drop a note "hey we've added $module" once a non-standard

Yeah - it's the remembering to do that that is the issue.

> I'm not going to "pip install" or whatever from the build system.

OK, that's up to you.

> feasible? Because that's not packaged either...

OK, please go grab the tarball again, from thttps://www.postgresql.org/
ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v3.1/source/. The MD5 checksum should be:

f057bf46055d4f7b07a42ae984f499dd  pgadmin4-3.1.tar.gz

This should contain the missing files.

Sorry about that - stupid case-sensitivity bug in a script :-(

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 13:51:56 +0100

Hi,

> I'm not going to "pip install" or whatever from the build system.

With full respect to you, and given that I also spent *tons* of time RPMifing
the dependencies, those dependent packages are needed only for pgAdmin4.

Also once we update pgAdmin4 to a newer version, some of the the previous
dependencies are also updated, so people have to use the latest version anyway,
and usually there is no chance for a downgrade. Bundling everything into a
single package makes really a lot of sense.

I was against pip'ing things until last week, but this dependency hell is not
easy to deal with, so I'll change the RPMs and push a single package as well

Regards,

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 18:16:48 +0200

Re: Dave Page 2018-06-28 <[email-masked]>

Hi,

the tarball works fine now, thanks!

I could finally build the packages now. (There were some issues with
the python3.7 update happening in Debian at the same time, which broke
a few bits, but I managed to work around.)

Cheers,
Christoph

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 09:57:26 +0530

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 9:46 PM, Christoph Berg <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Good to hear this.

> One user raised the same issue that pgAdmin is not working with python
3.7. He found that the issue is with psycopg2 (Ref:
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/714) as async and await are now
keywords and we are using async in pgAdmin 4.

So, I am curious to know how you have fixed this issue?

> Thanks,
Khushboo

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 09:22:55 +0200

Re: Khushboo Vashi 2018-07-02 <CAFOhELc2oFoN_ic3a6oW6nt-9W3=[email-masked]>
> So, I am curious to know how you have fixed this issue?

Hi Khushboo,

I simply postponed building the pgadmin4 packages for sid until the
problem is fixed.

pgadmin4 |      3.0-2.pgdg+1 |             sid-pgdg | amd64, i386, ppc64el, source
pgadmin4 |   3.1-1.pgdg100+1 |          buster-pgdg | amd64, i386, ppc64el, source
pgadmin4 |    3.1-1.pgdg90+1 |         stretch-pgdg | amd64, i386, ppc64el, source
pgadmin4 | 3.1-1.pgdg18.04+1 |          bionic-pgdg | amd64, i386, ppc64el, source
pgadmin4 | 3.1-1.pgdg16.04+1 |          xenial-pgdg | amd64, i386, ppc64el, source

The fix from
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/714#issuecomment-401570055
looks promising, I'll probably apply that to psycopg2 in sid unless
someone else is faster.

Christoph

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 15:25:42 +0530

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 12:52 PM, Christoph Berg <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation.
We also need some code changes in pgAdmin 4 to support python 3.7.