Subject: install error with pip

From: Zoltan Kiss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 17:23:27 +0200

Hi,

could just have a question,

is it possible that I could not install pgadmin4 8.11 and 8.12?

The version 8.10 can be installed without a problem. Tryed on Ubuntu
22.04 and Rocky Linux 8.10.

Thanks for advance!

pip install pgadmin4==8.12

Collecting pgadmin4==8.12

Using cached pgadmin4-8.12-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (2.9 kB)

ERROR: Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3367, in _dep_map

return self.__dep_map

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3147, in __getattr__

raise AttributeError(attr)

AttributeError: _DistInfoDistribution__dep_map

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
line 105, in _run_wrapper

status = _inner_run()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
line 96, in _inner_run

return self.run(options, args)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py",
line 67, in wrapper

return func(self, options, args)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py",
line 379, in run

requirement_set = resolver.resolve(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/resolver.py",
line 95, in resolve

result = self._result = resolver.resolve(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 546, in resolve

state = resolution.resolve(requirements, max_rounds=max_rounds)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 397, in resolve

self._add_to_criteria(self.state.criteria, r, parent=None)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 173, in _add_to_criteria

if not criterion.candidates:

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/structs.py",
line 156, in __bool__

return bool(self._sequence)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 174, in __bool__

return any(self)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 162, in <genexpr>

return (c for c in iterator if id(c) not in
self._incompatible_ids)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 53, in _iter_built

candidate = func()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/factory.py",
line 186, in _make_candidate_from_link

base: Optional[BaseCandidate] =
self._make_base_candidate_from_link(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/factory.py",
line 232, in _make_base_candidate_from_link

self._link_candidate_cache[link] = LinkCandidate(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 303, in __init__

super().__init__(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 158, in __init__

self.dist = self._prepare()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 247, in _prepare

self._check_metadata_consistency(dist)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 229, in _check_metadata_consistency

list(dist.iter_dependencies(list(dist.iter_provided_extras())))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/metadata/pkg_resources.py",
line 250, in iter_provided_extras

return self._extra_mapping.keys()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/metadata/pkg_resources.py",
line 94, in _extra_mapping

canonicalize_name(extra): extra for extra in self._dist.extras

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3323, in extras

return [dep for dep in self._dep_map if dep]

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3369, in _dep_map

self.__dep_map = self._compute_dependencies()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3386, in _compute_dependencies

common =
types.MappingProxyType(dict.fromkeys(reqs_for_extra(None)))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3383, in reqs_for_extra

if not req.marker or req.marker.evaluate({'extra': extra}):

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 325, in evaluate

return _evaluate_markers(self._markers, current_environment)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 211, in _evaluate_markers

groups[-1].append(_evaluate_markers(marker, environment))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 225, in _evaluate_markers

groups[-1].append(_eval_op(lhs_value, op, rhs_value))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 183, in _eval_op

return spec.contains(lhs, prereleases=True)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py",
line 552, in contains

normalized_item = _coerce_version(item)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py",
line 28, in _coerce_version

version = Version(version)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/version.py",
line 202, in __init__

raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: '{version}'")

pip._vendor.packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version:
'6.8.0-45-generic'

pip install pgadmin4==8.11

Collecting pgadmin4==8.11

Using cached pgadmin4-8.11-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (2.9 kB)

ERROR: Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3367, in _dep_map

return self.__dep_map

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3147, in __getattr__

raise AttributeError(attr)

AttributeError: _DistInfoDistribution__dep_map

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
line 105, in _run_wrapper

status = _inner_run()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
line 96, in _inner_run

return self.run(options, args)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py",
line 67, in wrapper

return func(self, options, args)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py",
line 379, in run

requirement_set = resolver.resolve(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/resolver.py",
line 95, in resolve

result = self._result = resolver.resolve(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 546, in resolve

state = resolution.resolve(requirements, max_rounds=max_rounds)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 397, in resolve

self._add_to_criteria(self.state.criteria, r, parent=None)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 173, in _add_to_criteria

if not criterion.candidates:

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/structs.py",
line 156, in __bool__

return bool(self._sequence)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 174, in __bool__

return any(self)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 162, in <genexpr>

return (c for c in iterator if id(c) not in
self._incompatible_ids)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 53, in _iter_built

candidate = func()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/factory.py",
line 186, in _make_candidate_from_link

base: Optional[BaseCandidate] =
self._make_base_candidate_from_link(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/factory.py",
line 232, in _make_base_candidate_from_link

self._link_candidate_cache[link] = LinkCandidate(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 303, in __init__

super().__init__(

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 158, in __init__

self.dist = self._prepare()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 247, in _prepare

self._check_metadata_consistency(dist)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 229, in _check_metadata_consistency

list(dist.iter_dependencies(list(dist.iter_provided_extras())))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/metadata/pkg_resources.py",
line 250, in iter_provided_extras

return self._extra_mapping.keys()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_internal/metadata/pkg_resources.py",
line 94, in _extra_mapping

canonicalize_name(extra): extra for extra in self._dist.extras

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3323, in extras

return [dep for dep in self._dep_map if dep]

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3369, in _dep_map

self.__dep_map = self._compute_dependencies()

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3386, in _compute_dependencies

common =
types.MappingProxyType(dict.fromkeys(reqs_for_extra(None)))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
line 3383, in reqs_for_extra

if not req.marker or req.marker.evaluate({'extra': extra}):

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 325, in evaluate

return _evaluate_markers(self._markers, current_environment)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 211, in _evaluate_markers

groups[-1].append(_evaluate_markers(marker, environment))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 225, in _evaluate_markers

groups[-1].append(_eval_op(lhs_value, op, rhs_value))

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 183, in _eval_op

return spec.contains(lhs, prereleases=True)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py",
line 552, in contains

normalized_item = _coerce_version(item)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py",
line 28, in _coerce_version

version = Version(version)

File
"/home/zuser/python_venv/pgadmin4_310/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/version.py",
line 202, in __init__

raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: '{version}'")

pip._vendor.packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version:
'6.8.0-45-generic'

--

S pozdravom | Üdvözlettel | Mit freundlichen Grüßen |
With best regards

Zoltan Kiss

Mobile: +421 903 437 840

E-mail: [email-masked]

Du Net, s.r.o., Kračanská 40, 929 01 Dunajská Streda

IČO: 34144820

Kancelária: Trhovisko 10, 929 01 Dunajská Streda

The contents of this e-mail including any
attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, any disclosure, copying,

distribution or use of its contents is strictly
prohibited, and you should please notify the sender
immediately and then delete it including attachments
from your system. Thank you.

---

From: Yogesh Mahajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2024 09:08:20 +0530

Hi,

Kindly downgrade the pip version to <  24.0. It should resolve the issues.
Here <https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/7836> is a github link
for the same issue.

Thanks,
Yogesh Mahajan
EnterpriseDB

On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 8:53 PM Zoltan Kiss <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The version 8.10 can be installed without a problem. Tryed on Ubuntu 22.04
> and Rocky Linux 8.10.
>
> Thanks for advance!
>
>
>     return (c for c in iterator if id(c) not in self._incompatible_ids)
>   File
>     base: Optional[BaseCandidate] = self._make_base_candidate_from_link(
>   File
>     common = types.MappingProxyType(dict.fromkeys(reqs_for_extra(None)))
>   File
>     return (c for c in iterator if id(c) not in self._incompatible_ids)
>   File
>     base: Optional[BaseCandidate] = self._make_base_candidate_from_link(
>   File
>     common = types.MappingProxyType(dict.fromkeys(reqs_for_extra(None)))
>   File
> S pozdravom | Üdvözlettel | Mit freundlichen Grüßen | With best regards
>
> *Zoltan Kiss*
>
> Mobile: +421 903 437 840
> E-mail: [email-masked]
> ------------------------------
> The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and
> may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> e-mail, any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should
> please notify the sender immediately and then delete it including
> attachments from your system. Thank you.
>
>