Subject: pgAgent v4.0.0 Released

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:00:56 +0100

The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of pgAgent
v4.0.0.

pgAgent is a job scheduler for PostgreSQL; for more information please see
the documentation included as part of the pgAdmin documentation at
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/3.x/pgagent.html.

Download (source): https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgagent-source-code/

We expect DEB and RPM packages to be available from the PostgreSQL APT/YUM
repositories in due course, as well as an updated installer from
EnterpriseDB available through StackBuilder.

Notable changes in this release include:

- Remove the dependency on wxWidgets. pgAgent now uses Boost for thread
management and synchronisation [Neel Patel]
- Refactor connection parsing logic to fix issues with and improve handling
of connection strings [Thomas Krennwallner]
- Handle 2 digit server version numbers [Ashesh Vashi]
- Fix handling of the "succeeded" flag on job steps which could prevent
failure of steps causing the following steps to fail [Sanket Mehta]

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Eugene Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 10:12:41 -0400

This is awesome. Always have interests to use pgAgent; however, the
official documentation about installing is obscure and stop me from getting
into it... I honestly cannot get any clue about steps I should do from this
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/3.x/pgagent.html link.

Maybe installing pgagent is easy to a lot of people. There are still a lot
of people asking questions of pgagent installation in Stackoverflow.

Can any one contribute a step by step tutorial? I will truly appreciate it.

Yujie Wang (Welcome to call me Eugene, for your pronunciation convenience)
GIS Developer
Connected2fiber
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/yujie-wang-61a129a0/

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:00 AM, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce the release of
> pgAgent v4.0.0.
>
> - Refactor connection parsing logic to fix issues with and improve
> handling of connection strings [Thomas Krennwallner]

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:17:31 +0100

Hi

> Can any one contribute a step by step tutorial? I will truly appreciate

We only publish source code for pgAgent - you will find a README in the
archive that has step by step build and configuration instructions to
compile it yourself.

However, I would suggest waiting for the Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat packages
or Windows/Mac installers from EnterpriseDB to be released. These will have
pre-built binaries and are a lot easier to install (but the instructions
will be package-specific so don't come from us).

Regards, Dave.

>> pgAgent is a job scheduler for PostgreSQL; for more information please
>> see the documentation included as part of the pgAdmin documentation at
>> We expect DEB and RPM packages to be available from the PostgreSQL
>> APT/YUM repositories in due course, as well as an updated installer from

---

From: joeg3333 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:37:29 -0700 (MST)

Hello,
I see that the pgagent_11-4.0.0-2.rhel6.x86_64.rpm package is included only
in the rhel6 package downloads, and not in any of the rhel7 ones.  Why is
that and when might pgAgent be added to the RedHat 7 packages?  I have a
RedHat 7 server and would love to put pgAgent on it, but i have had no luck
building it from the Source Code due to too many errors for me to follow /
debug.  Thanks in advance for your advice.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-hackers-f2155306.html