Subject: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Feature #4283 pgAdmin4 support for v12

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:31:54 +0530

Hi Hackers,

I have started adding support of PostgreSQL v12 in pgAdmin4. Attached is
the patch to fix the following issues:

   - RM #4290: "string indices must be integers" displayed for all objects
   - RM #4288: View data issue.
   - PG v12  removes the ability to create table using WITH OIDS, so I have
   modified the code in GUI as well as on backend.
   - PG v12 removes obsolete pg_attrdef.adsrc and pg_constraint.consrc
   column, so fixed with appropriate functions calls.
   - For partitioned tables, since no storage is required for the table
   itself. PG v12 throws and error while specifying "TABLESPACE" in create
   table syntax for partitioned table, so fix that too.

This is the initial patch to fix the issues that has been raised or I have
found. Will continue to work on adding support for v12. Will check the
release notes.

-- 
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect*
*EnterpriseDB Software India Private Limited*
*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 16:09:25 +0530

Hi Hackers,

Today I have read the https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/12.0/ release
note. I have created some new feature request and fixed one issue.
Following are the issues that I have fixed:

   - Fixed existing issue to drop/delete partitions of the partition table.
   - Allow foreign keys to reference partitioned tables.

Created following issues, not sure we need to consider it:

   1. #4333 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4333> Add support for
   function selectivity.
   2. #4334 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4334> Add support for
   generated columns.
   3. #4335 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4335> Add EXPLAIN option
   SETTINGS and SUMMARY

Attached is the complete patch, ignore the previous patch. Please review
it.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 3:31 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>    - PG v12  removes the ability to create table using WITH OIDS, so I
>    have modified the code in GUI as well as on backend.

-- 
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect*

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:25:16 +0100

Thanks, applied.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 11:39 AM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>    3. #4335 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4335> Add EXPLAIN
>    option SETTINGS and SUMMARY
>
>
>> This is the initial patch to fix the issues that has been raised or I
>> have found. Will continue to work on adding support for v12. Will check the
>> release notes.
>>
>> --
>> *Thanks & Regards*
>> *Akshay Joshi*
>>
>> *Sr. Software Architect*

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company