Subject: Missing CONTRIBUTION.md file in pgAdmin

From: Hari Prasad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2026 14:23:01 +0530

Hello maintainers,

While working on a PR, I noticed that the pgAdmin repository doesn't have a
CONTRIBUTING.md file.

I think having one could make it easier for new contributors to work with
the codebase. Things like how to set up the project, coding guidelines,
testing requirements, commit/PR conventions, and other common contributor
questions could all live in here instead of people having to figure them
out from different docs and PRs.

If the maintainers think this would be useful, I would be be happy to put
together an initial draft and open a PR.

Thanks!

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2026 11:22:37 +0100

Hi

On Tue, 9 Jun 2026 at 09:53, Hari Prasad <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello maintainers,
>
> While working on a PR, I noticed that the pgAdmin repository doesn't have
> a CONTRIBUTING.md file.
>

Much of that info is in the existing README. We'd be more than happy to see
that improved though, including breaking out relevent parts into a
CONTRIBUTING.md doc.

Thanks, Dave.

-- 
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org
PostgreSQL: https://www.postgresql.org
pgEdge: https://www.pgedge.com