Subject: beautifulsoup4, and Python 2.6

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 00:07:27 +0300

Hi,

Per https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/ ,  beautifulsoup4 requires
Python 2.7+, which is not available on RHEL 6, which includes PY 2.6.

I don't intend to build PY 2.7 into RHEL 6 (*swh*) , so any recommendations
here? If we cannot satisfy this requirement, should we keep supporting PY 2.6?

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:26:23 +0100

> here? If we cannot satisfy this requirement, should we keep supporting PY 2.6?

I think it's actually a dependency of something else, not a direct
dependency of pgAdmin. pgAdmin does work with Python 2.6 though, so I
don't think it's an issue for us - try just installing BeautifulSoup
3?

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:32:23 +0300

Hi,

On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 09:26 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> dependency of pgAdmin.

It is listed both in requirements_py2.txt and requirements_py3.txt.

Cheers,

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:03:05 +0100

> It is listed both in requirements_py2.txt and requirements_py3.txt.

Right - they do include indirect dependencies. Pip will just list
everything that's installed when those files are generated; and that
may include versions that are higher than are actually required in
reality.