Subject: pgadmin_page functions updated

From: Shubham Agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:25:33 +0530

Hi Team,

I have modified following two functions in pgadmin_page.py :-

1. click_tab() -> Added wait till element is clickable, test cases are
failing since the function attempts to click the tab which is not yet in
the state to be clicked.

2. add_server() -> Replaced the sleep statement with wait till element to
be clickable.

Please find the attached patch.

-- 
Thanks & Regards,
Shubham Agarwal
EnterpriseDB Corporation

The Postgres Database Company

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:02:58 +0530

Hi Shubham,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Shubham Agarwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> We should start using CSS selectors instead of xpath, otherwise the patch
works fine and also changes look good to me.

---

From: Shubham Agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:33:32 +0530

Hi Khushboo,

Yes i agree, currently we are not changing the functions that are already
written but will use css selectors in all the upcoming new test cases.

Thanks and regards,
Shubham Agarwal

-- 
Thanks & Regards,
Shubham Agarwal
EnterpriseDB Corporation

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 09:11:09 +0100

> works fine and also changes look good to me.

Yes, and we should update files as and when we touch them as part of our
ongoing refactoring.

Shubham; please go through the files your patch touches, and replace any
xpath selectors with CSS selectors.  Aside from that, the patch looked to
me too, and Pivotal's patch-bot seems happy with it.

Thanks.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Shubham Agarwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 03:45:46 -0400

Hi Team,

I have modified the patch and used CSS Selector in add_server() function.

I have also tried different approaches to eliminate XPATH in click_tab()
function but failed to do so due to following reasons-:

   1. :contains() function doesnt work with CSS selector in selenium and
since in most of the anchor tags there is no specific attribute present by
which we can make the locator generic so that it can work for any tab.

   2. Tried using link_text or partial_link_text locators but since
click_tab() is a generic function which can click on any of the provided
tab name and in our case we do not have every tab having href attribute, we
have span tag as the tab as well (ex. Query tool tab) so link_text is not
the right option for it since it work only with the href attribute or
anchor tag.

I found that in such cases XPATH is the only option to continue with.

If anybody is having some another idea to achieve this using CSS Selector
than please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Shubham Agarwal

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 4:11 AM, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> 2. add_server() -> Replaced the sleep statement with wait till element
>>> to be clickable.
>>>
>>> We should start using CSS selectors instead of xpath, otherwise the
>> patch works fine and also changes look good to me.
>>
>

-- 
Thanks & Regards,
Shubham Agarwal
EnterpriseDB Corporation

The Postgres Database Company
diff --git a/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py b/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py
index 78578a2..ce9bfa3 100644
--- a/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py
+++ b/web/regression/feature_utils/pgadmin_page.py
@@ -60,9 +60,9 @@ class PgadminPage:
         self.fill_input_by_field_name("port", server_config['port'])
         self.fill_input_by_field_name("username", server_config['username'])
         self.fill_input_by_field_name("password", server_config['db_password'])
-        # Required sleep to avoid "fe_sendauth" password error.
-        time.sleep(0.5)
-        self.find_by_xpath("//button[contains(.,'Save')]").click()
+        WebDriverWait(self.driver, 10).until(EC.element_to_be_clickable(
+            (By.CSS_SELECTOR, "button[type='save'].btn.btn-primary")))
+        self.find_by_css_selector("button[type='save'].btn.btn-primary").click()
 
         self.find_by_xpath(
             "//*[@id='tree']//*[.='" + server_config['name'] + "']")
@@ -245,6 +245,11 @@ class PgadminPage:
         action.perform()
 
     def click_tab(self, tab_name):
+        WebDriverWait(self.driver, 10).until(EC.element_to_be_clickable(
+            (By.XPATH, "//*[contains(@class,'wcTabTop')]//"
+                       "*[contains(@class,'wcPanelTab') "
+                       "and contains(.,'" + tab_name + "')]")))
+
         tab = self.find_by_xpath("//*[contains(@class,'wcTabTop')]//"
                                  "*[contains(@class,'wcPanelTab') "
                                  "and contains(.,'" + tab_name + "')]")

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:40:28 +0100

> I have modified the patch and used CSS Selector in add_server() function.

Thanks, applied.