Subject: Logical comparison on startup pgadmin4

From: Colin Beckingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:29:19 -0400

Each time I run pgadmin4 I run a git pull to get latest. Then launch 
from web browser at 5050, no problem.

However a message pops up to say that I am running this version but the 
current is something else. For example:

"You are currently running version 1.0-beta2.1 of pgAdmin 4, however the 
current version is 1.0-beta2. Please click here 
<https://www.pgadmin.org/download/> for more information."

It looks like a check is happening to remind me to upgrade, but in this 
case the upgrade has already happened. It looks like maybe a comparison 
operator is not quite right for version/subversion or am I reading 
incorrectly?

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 11:33:57 +0100

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Colin Beckingham <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Each time I run pgadmin4 I run a git pull to get latest. Then launch from
> web browser at 5050, no problem.
>
> current version is 1.0-beta2. Please click here for more information."
>
> It looks like a check is happening to remind me to upgrade, but in this case
> the upgrade has already happened. It looks like maybe a comparison operator
> is not quite right for version/subversion or am I reading incorrectly?

The code just looks for a mis-match, as the version suffix is an
arbitrary string. That's the downside of using GIT code which may have
a different version than the update service knows about.

You can disable the version check in your config file to avoid the issue.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers