Subject: Updated Greenplum documentation

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 07:13:46 +0100

Hello,

attached patch updates the URL of the Greenplum documentation, and adds 
a few more pathnames for recent versions. The URL now redirects to the 
latest version.

Regards,

-- 
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group
European PostgreSQL User Group - Board of Directors
Volunteer Regional Contact, Germany - PostgreSQL Project
diff --git a/pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp b/pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp
index 3f9cf3f..87ee9f0 100644
--- a/pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp
+++ b/pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp
@@ -1167,6 +1167,8 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitXtraPaths()
 		// Ugly... Greenplum client releases have no predictable numbers, because the path is the server version
 		if (!programFiles.IsEmpty())
 		{
+			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
+			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.3\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.2\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.1\\bin"));
@@ -1174,6 +1176,8 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitXtraPaths()
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.3\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.2\\bin"));
 
+			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\lib"));
+			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\lib"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.3\\lib"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.2\\lib"));
 			path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.1\\lib"));
@@ -1184,6 +1188,8 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitXtraPaths()
 
 		if (!programFilesX86.IsEmpty())
 		{
+			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
+			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.3\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.2\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.1\\bin"));
@@ -1191,6 +1197,8 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitXtraPaths()
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.3\\bin"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.2\\bin"));
 
+			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\lib"));
+			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\lib"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.3\\lib"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.2\\lib"));
 			path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.1\\lib"));
@@ -1206,6 +1214,10 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitXtraPaths()
 
 		// Generic Unix paths
 
+		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-5.0/bin"));
+		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-5.0/bin"));
+		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-4.4/bin"));
+		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-4.4/bin"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-4.3/bin"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-4.3/bin"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-4.2/bin"));
@@ -1219,6 +1231,10 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitXtraPaths()
 		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-3.2/bin"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-3.2/bin"));
 
+		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-5.0/lib"));
+		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-5.0/lib"));
+		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-4.4/lib"));
+		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-4.4/lib"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-4.3/lib"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-4.3/lib"));
 		path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-4.2/lib"));
@@ -1664,7 +1680,7 @@ void pgAdmin3::InitHelp()
 	if (edbHelpPath.IsEmpty())
 		edbHelpPath = wxT("http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/current/server/");
 	if (gpHelpPath.IsEmpty())
-		gpHelpPath = wxT("http://docs.gopivotal.com/gpdb/index.html");
+		gpHelpPath = wxT("http://gpdb.docs.pivotal.io/s");
 	if (slonyHelpPath.IsEmpty())
 		slonyHelpPath = wxT("http://www.slony.info/documentation/");
 
diff --git a/pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp b/pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp
index 93b56f8..96464c0 100644
--- a/pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp
+++ b/pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp
@@ -676,7 +676,7 @@ wxString CleanHelpPath(const wxString &path)
 	        thePath.Lower().EndsWith(wxT(".zip")))
 		return thePath;
 
-	// In all othe cases we must have a directory
+	// In all other cases we must have a directory
 	wxString sep;
 
 	// Figure out the appropriate seperator
@@ -764,9 +764,21 @@ void DisplayHelp(const wxString &helpTopic, const HelpType helpType)
 			// the old help path (stored in the settings) is no longer working
 			static wxString gpHelpPath = settings->GetGpHelpPath();
 
+			// Note: never end the URL on "index.html"
+			// InitHelp() does obscure magic with this ending
+			if (gpHelpPath.CmpNoCase(wxT("http://docs.gopivotal.com/gpdb/")) == 0)
+			{
+				gpHelpPath = wxT("http://gpdb.docs.pivotal.io/");
+				// Replace the path to the old domain with the link to
+				// the new documentation path
+				// The old link is working for now, but there is no guarantee
+				// that it will stay this way
+				// Also the new link automatically redirects to the latest version
+				settings->SetGpHelpPath(gpHelpPath);
+			}
 			if (gpHelpPath.CmpNoCase(wxT("http://www.greenplum.com/docs/3300/")) == 0)
 			{
-				gpHelpPath = wxT("http://docs.gopivotal.com/gpdb/");
+				gpHelpPath = wxT("http://gpdb.docs.pivotal.io/");
 				// this is the old link, update the link to the new documentation link
 				// problem: this saves the link into the configuration file
 				settings->SetGpHelpPath(gpHelpPath);

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 12:49:27 +0000

Hi

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> attached patch updates the URL of the Greenplum documentation, and adds a
> few more pathnames for recent versions. The URL now redirects to the latest
> version.

What did you create the patch against?

bf-pgadmin-osx:pgadmin3 dpage$ git apply /Volumes/VMware\ Shared\
Folders/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff
/Volumes/VMware Shared Folders/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:9: trailing
whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
/Volumes/VMware Shared Folders/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:10:
trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\bin"));
/Volumes/VMware Shared Folders/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:18:
trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\lib"));
/Volumes/VMware Shared Folders/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:19:
trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\lib"));
/Volumes/VMware Shared Folders/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:27:
trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1167
error: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp:676
error: pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp: patch does not apply

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 15:43:24 +0100

> What did you create the patch against?

HEAD from git.postgresql from like 2 days ago.

Regards,

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 14:45:45 +0000

> HEAD from git.postgresql from like 2 days ago.

Hmm, I would have expected that to work. Can you rebase it please, just in case?

---

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 07:15:16 +0100

> Hmm, I would have expected that to work. Can you rebase it please, just in case?

Just did that, and recreated the patch. Latest changes did not touch the 
files I modified, the new patch has the same checksum.
Also, I can apply my patch to my working directory without any errors.

Any idea why it is failing for you? Any reject files?

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 15:41:42 +0000

> Any idea why it is failing for you? Any reject files?

I get the following rejects (see attached as well). I wonder if it's a
line ending issue - what platform are you working on?

piranha:pgadmin3 dpage$ git apply --reject ~/Downloads/gp-doc.diff
/Users/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:9: trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
/Users/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:10: trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\bin"));
/Users/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:18: trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\lib"));
/Users/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:19: trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.4\\lib"));
/Users/dpage/Downloads/gp-doc.diff:27: trailing whitespace.
path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
Checking patch pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp...
error: while searching for:
// Ugly... Greenplum client releases have no predictable numbers,
because the path is the server version
if (!programFiles.IsEmpty())
{
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.3\\bin"));
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.2\\bin"));
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-4.1\\bin"));

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1167
error: while searching for:
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.3\\bin"));
path.Add(programFiles + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.2\\bin"));

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1174
error: while searching for:

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1184
error: while searching for:
path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.3\\bin"));
path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-3.2\\bin"));

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1191
error: while searching for:

// Generic Unix paths

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1206
error: while searching for:
path.Add(wxT("/usr/local/greenplum-clients-3.2/bin"));
path.Add(wxT("/opt/local/greenplum-clients-3.2/bin"));

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1219
error: while searching for:
if (edbHelpPath.IsEmpty())
edbHelpPath = wxT("http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/current/server/");
if (gpHelpPath.IsEmpty())
gpHelpPath = wxT("http://docs.gopivotal.com/gpdb/index.html");
if (slonyHelpPath.IsEmpty())
slonyHelpPath = wxT("http://www.slony.info/documentation/");

error: patch failed: pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp:1664
Checking patch pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp...
error: while searching for:
       thePath.Lower().EndsWith(wxT(".zip")))
return thePath;

// In all othe cases we must have a directory
wxString sep;

error: patch failed: pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp:676
error: while searching for:
// the old help path (stored in the settings) is no longer working
static wxString gpHelpPath = settings->GetGpHelpPath();

gpHelpPath = wxT("http://docs.gopivotal.com/gpdb/");

error: patch failed: pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp:764
Applying patch pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp with 7 rejects...
Rejected hunk #1.
Rejected hunk #2.
Rejected hunk #3.
Rejected hunk #4.
Rejected hunk #5.
Rejected hunk #6.
Rejected hunk #7.
Applying patch pgadmin/utils/misc.cpp with 2 rejects...
Rejected hunk #1.
Rejected hunk #2.

---

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 21:20:07 +0100

> line ending issue - what platform are you working on?

I'm on CentOS, 6 or 7 (dunno, the VM is halted right now).

---

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 00:44:29 +0100

> path.Add(programFilesX86 + wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));

This complains about trailing whitespaces where I can't see any 
whitespaces in my diff. Not sure why ...

Attached is an updated version of the diff, plus one with Mac line endings.

Regards,

 

 		// Generic Unix paths

 

 

 
 
 		// Generic Unix paths

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:34:42 +0000

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> path.Add(programFilesX86 +
>> wxT("\\Greenplum\\greenplum-clients-5.0\\bin"));
>
>
> This complains about trailing whitespaces where I can't see any whitespaces
> in my diff. Not sure why ...
>

Hmm, still wouldn't apply. I've done it manually though, along with
updates for the PG and PPAS paths.

Thanks!