Subject: RM 6427 - Newlines in text columns of resultset show an allegedly "empty" field

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:05:19 +0100

Here's a simple patch for $SUBJECT. It will remove any leading spaces from
the grid cell display and replace them with '[...] '. In edit mode, the
data is unchanged.

The only downside I can see to this is that the tooltip will show the
modified data when it probably should actually show the un-modified data.
Unfortunately that's handled by a SlickGrid plugin, which would have to be
vendorised and modified (perhaps non-trivially). I don't think that's a big
issue though.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 17:06:17 +0530

Hi Dave,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 3:35 PM Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The patch looks good to me.
Do we need to specify somewhere what is [...] ?

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:11:17 +0100

Hi

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 12:36 PM Khushboo Vashi <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Here's a simple patch for $SUBJECT. It will remove any leading spaces
>> from the grid cell display and replace them with '[...] '. In edit mode,
>> the data is unchanged.
>>

Thanks.

> Do we need to specify somewhere what is [...] ?

I don't think there's much point.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 09:18:34 +0100

Thanks, committed.