Subject: Where is option to disable pgadmin4 version check?

From: Colin Beckingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:09:57 -0400

Tried to find the option to disable version check, but not clear on 
where to find it. I checked preferences, nothing there. Perhaps it is 
contained in some non-obvious option or I am dull today.

Not sure why version strings should be arbitrary. Doesn't it make them 
less useful?

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:33:23 +0100

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Colin Beckingham <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Tried to find the option to disable version check, but not clear on where to
> find it. I checked preferences, nothing there. Perhaps it is contained in
> some non-obvious option or I am dull today.

Application config settings (as opposed to user settings) are in
config.py. Don't edit that though - override what you need to in
config_local.py.

In this case:

UPGRADE_CHECK_ENABLED = False

> Not sure why version strings should be arbitrary. Doesn't it make them less
> useful?

No, because it allows us to have betas and rcs and dev builds - or,
the current 'beta2.1' which was an interim update for the QA team to
verify some fixes.
-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company