Subject: pgadmin4 on PyPI

From: Markus Zapke-Gründemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 11:44:12 +0200

Hi,

thanks for creating pgAdmin 4! It's awesome that pgAdmin is now a web
application.

I installed pgAdmin 4 successfully from the PostgreSQL FTP[1] using pip.
I also tried to install it from PyPI, but the distribution hasn't been
upload there.

Having pgAdmin 4 available on PyPI would make the installation much more
easier, because one wouldn't have to add the PostgreSQL FTP URL to
install it.

With the URL changing with every release it's also a little bit more
work than necessary for the user to check for new releases and to
upgrade the configuration.

Finally services like pyup.io could help users to upgrade the version
automatically if would be on PyPI.

So what's needed to get pgAdmin 4 to PyPI? Or are there any general
reasons for not uploading it to PyPI?

Regards

Markus

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v1.4/pip/

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 13:46:27 +0100

Hi

> thanks for creating pgAdmin 4! It's awesome that pgAdmin is now a web

You're welcome.

> reasons for not uploading it to PyPI?

Not enough cycles on my part really. It is on my todo list.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Markus Zapke-Gründemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 18:55:59 +0200

> Not enough cycles on my part really. It is on my todo list.
I have some experience with publishing distributions to PyPI. Is there
anything I can to do help?

Regards

Markus

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 09:04:22 +0100

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Markus Zapke-Gründemann <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> anything I can to do help?

I put a test release onto testpypi - you can test that if you have some
time.

Thanks.