Subject: Re: Building/Running PGADMIN4

From: Weston Weems <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 08:27:25 -0700

Ahh running from command prompt I could see what was broke...

I was missing a bunch of python modules... got thorugh a bunch of it but
ultimately failed to get past Flask-Gravatar.

Is there any chance that in the future pgadmin4 will be distributed as a
single executable (.app in the osx world), vs having that app and having to
setup python perfectly?

thanks!

Weston

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:31:15 +0100

Hi

> single executable (.app in the osx world), vs having that app and having to

That is the intention, though right now we're concentrating on the
Python code that does the all the real work. The C++ code is really
just a runtime for desktop users (the Python code can also be deployed
on a web server for multiple users) - plus it hasn't been touched in a
long time and is known to have a threading issue that prevents it
working properly with the current Python code.

Unless you want to get involved in the development, there's probably
not much point in playing with the code yet - it only just connects to
Postgres at the moment, and can't even list databases or server
properties at the moment.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers