Subject: change to Docker entrypoint.sh

From: Andrew Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:31:40 -0400

Hi All!

I am new to this, so I apologize beforehand if it's not entirely kosher,
but I have a proposed change to the Dockerfile entrypoint.sh to allow for
configurable servers.json filename path.

The reasoning behind this is that I have a Kubernetes deployment of pgadmin
where I build a ConfigMap sort of dynamically. I can make the file appear
in /pgadmin4, but it removes the contents of the directory for me
(helpful!). Instead, I put it into a separate directory and set a new
environment variable that defaults to the old pathname
(backwards-compatible!) but allows me to set a custom environment variable
in my custom Helm chart for my deployment.

The code is here:
https://github.com/penguincoder/pgadmin4/commit/0865400385ac0d03bf69d183e8cd9aaec6dcf318

Is this something that anyone is interested in?
Does it meet your coding standards?
What do I do next?

I would love to move back to the "official" pgadmin container.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 09:24:08 +0100

Hi

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 5:31 PM Andrew Coleman <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> The reasoning behind this is that I have a Kubernetes deployment of
> pgadmin where I build a ConfigMap sort of dynamically. I can make the file
> appear in /pgadmin4, but it removes the contents of the directory for me

pgAdmin removes the content of the directory? I'm not sure how it would do
that - it doesn't delete anything like that.

> Is this something that anyone is interested in?

Sure.

> Does it meet your coding standards?

Looks fine to me.

> I would love to move back to the "official" pgadmin container.

Please raise a feature request at
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new and attach the
patch (just use git diff against a checkout of the master branch). You can
send the patch here, but  we need the feature request in the tracker
anyway, so it's probably easier to attach it there.

Thanks!

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Andrew Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 08:11:55 -0400

> that - it doesn't delete anything like that.

pgAdmin does not do that. It behaves as you would expect. Kubernetes
removes the contents for me. It basically allows one of two options:

file available at /pgadmin4/servers.json/servers.json and pgadmin works,
but never loads the file
file available at /pgadmin4/servers.json and nothing works because the only
file in /pgadmin4 is servers.json

> https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new and attach
> the patch (just use git diff against a checkout of the master branch). You
> can send the patch here, but  we need the feature request in the tracker

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:57:23 -0400

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 8:12 AM Andrew Coleman <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> pgAdmin removes the content of the directory? I'm not sure how it would
>> do that - it doesn't delete anything like that.
>>
>
> file available at /pgadmin4/servers.json and nothing works because the
> only file in /pgadmin4 is servers.json
>

OK, thanks. Patch applied!