Subject: [pgAdmin4][Patch] : RE-SQL tests for Collation node

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:16:09 +0530

Hi,

Please find the attached patch for the RE-SQL tests for collation node.
This patch also includes the *modified SQL tests* as well as fixes for the
RE-SQL in the collation node which I found while implementing this.

To add the modified SQL tests, 2 optional parameters are introduced in the
JSON file, i.e.
*msql_endpoint* and *expected_msql_file.*
These parameters need to be included in the Alter scenarios.

I have modified the RE-SQL framework to support modified SQL.

Thanks,
Khushboo

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 11:36:59 +0100

Hi

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:46 AM Khushboo Vashi <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> This patch also includes the *modified SQL tests* as well as fixes for
> the RE-SQL in the collation node which I found while implementing this.
>

This fails on EPAS 9.4:

 ... 2019-07-12 11:35:09,672: ERROR flask.app: Failed to execute query
(execute_scalar) for the server #5 - DB:test_db_18bdb (Query-id: 9091709):
Error Message:ERROR:  role "postgres" does not exist

Create Collation... FAIL
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/re_sql/tests/test_resql.py", line
205, in execute_test_case
    self.assertEquals(response.status_code, 200)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/unittest/case.py",
line 1338, in deprecated_func
    return original_func(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/unittest/case.py",
line 839, in assertEqual
    assertion_func(first, second, msg=msg)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/unittest/case.py",
line 832, in _baseAssertEqual
    raise self.failureException(msg)
AssertionError: 500 != 200
ERROR

I guess we need to create a role first?

Also, please keep your error messages consistent with the others, e.g. "...
FAIL" instead of " ..................FAIL".

Thanks!

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 16:24:00 +0530

Hi Dave,

Please find the attached updated patch.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> To add the modified SQL tests, 2 optional parameters are introduced in
>> the JSON file, i.e.
> Fixed.

> Also, please keep your error messages consistent with the others, e.g.
> "... FAIL" instead of " ..................FAIL".
>
> Removed.

Thanks,
Khushboo

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 14:37:16 +0100

Thanks, applied.