Subject: PGAdmin 4 1.0-rc1 bugs

From: Michael Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:11:38 -0700

Hey guys - I hope this is the right place to post bugs, if not yell at me
(why aren't you guys using a bug tracker?)

Bug #1 - if a database is recreated in a different connection, pgAdmin will
crash when trying to access the database. (pgAdmin3 also does this).

Bug #2 - Table columns are sorted alphabetically unlike pgAdmin3. This
means determining INSERT order without specifying columns isn't possible
without generating an INSERT script. This maybe should be preferenced as
it's a behavior change.

O/S: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

I can probably contribute fixes once I get some free runway, I'm not
familiar with the codebase yet.

-Michael

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:14:16 +0100

Hi

> (why aren't you guys using a bug tracker?)

We are: https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues

> crash when trying to access the database. (pgAdmin3 also does this).

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1688

> Bug #2 - Table columns are sorted alphabetically unlike pgAdmin3. This means
> determining INSERT order without specifying columns isn't possible without
> generating an INSERT script. This maybe should be preferenced as it's a
> behavior change.

Logged here: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1687

> familiar with the codebase yet.

That would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks!

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:02:19 +0530

> https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1688

Can you please some more details?
The information given is not good enough for understanding the exact issue.

i.e.
- Operating System
- Python Version
- Runtime/Web mode
- What error are you getting in the backend?

- What do you mean by crashed? (Did runtime crash?)

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi

> means

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:07:35 +0530

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> - What do you mean by crashed? (Did runtime crash?)

Please explain the detailed observation, and expectation too.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>