Subject: [pgAdmin4][RM3575] Right click does not work on database node if server name changed

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:16:03 +0530

Hi Hackers,

Attached is the patch to fix the issue where changing the name (or any
visible property on tree) of the server node breaks the context menu on the
database nodes.

The user information of the server is updated on successful connection.
Here, the data is updated on the aciTreeNode(domNode). But, in the context
menu the user data is referred from TreeNode object (a wrapper to
aciTreeNode). After checking the code (and a lot of debugging) it was found
that aciTreeNode and TreeNode point to two different data(I don't know
why). Every time you change one, it should be synced to other, which is not
done everywhere.
Changes are done to point both aciTreeNode and TreeNode data to the same
data object.

Kindly review.
-- 
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal
Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Software Solutions | Pune
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a tree"

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:53:05 +0530

Thanks - patch applied.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Aditya Toshniwal
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Hackers,
>
> Attached is the patch to fix the issue where changing the name (or any visible property on tree) of the server node breaks the context menu on the database nodes.
>
> The user information of the server is updated on successful connection. Here, the data is updated on the aciTreeNode(domNode). But, in the context menu the user data is referred from TreeNode object (a wrapper to aciTreeNode). After checking the code (and a lot of debugging) it was found that aciTreeNode and TreeNode point to two different data(I don't know why). Every time you change one, it should be synced to other, which is not done everywhere.
> Changes are done to point both aciTreeNode and TreeNode data to the same data object.
>
> Kindly review.
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Aditya Toshniwal

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company