Subject: javascript and css minification process

From: George Gelashvili <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:29:31 -0400

Hello

We're looking at the js and css minimization python code to investigate
minification as part of the pgadmin artifact build process.

We're wondering why minimise.py is currently only manually invokable, via
the minimise make step.

Also it seems like currently, minimise.py's dependencies (rcssmin and
rjsmin) are not being included in any requirements.txt

When is the minification performed?

Thanks,
Joao and George

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 15:37:51 +0100

Hi

> When is the minification performed?

It's not yet. Those are utility scripts that I was eventually intending to
call from appropriate make targets during package build. Before we get
there though, we need code changes to ensure that we load minified code vs.
debug code at the appropriate times. I haven't done much with it in a while
as Tira had been talking about transpiling everything into a single blob
(though that required us to ensure none of the JS files were Jinja
templates any more).

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: George Gelashvili <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:54:13 -0400

> (though that required us to ensure none of the JS files were Jinja

Okay. We are thinking of using a javascript minification tool and run it as
part of the bundling process.
We are using grunt to bundle everything (such as react code and
dependencies). Other javascript and css files can be added to the bundling
process as we all see fit.