Subject: Drop support for Python 3.7?

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 18:53:14 +0530

Hi Hackers,

Beginning Flask v2.3.0, the support for Python 3.7 is dropped. So we have
pinned to the last version of 2.2.*.
We cannot stay there, and we'll need to update this. Most of the python
packages are dropping support for python 3.7.
So should we move ahead or stay put? I can see most OS's have at least
python 3.8 packages.

-- 
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Sr. Software Architect | *enterprisedb.com*
<https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a TREE"

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 14:33:57 +0100

> So should we move ahead or stay put? I can see most OS's have at least

Most? What platforms do we support that don't have 3.8+?

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 12:25:05 +0530

Hi Dave,

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:02:21 +0100

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 at 07:55, Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Beginning Flask v2.3.0, the support for Python 3.7 is dropped. So we
>>> have pinned to the last version of 2.2.*.
> From what we support, only Debian 10(Buster) do not have a 3.8+ python
> release.
>

Hmm, well Buster has just moved into LTS, where it'll be for about another
year. I'm on the fence about whether we should de-support it now; it's
still in common use AFAIA - in fact postgresql.org still has a handful of
installations that have yet to be moved to Bullseye.