Subject: GSoC Project Introduction - Automatic Mode Detection

From: Yosry Muhammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 15:28:34 +0200

Dear all,
I am participating this summer as a student developer in pgAdmin 4 as part
of Google Summer of Code program. I am looking forward to working with you
all and learning from you. I have already cloned the repository and run the
project. I have also got familiar with some relevant parts of the code and
some of the used libraries.

The project involves automatically switching from the Query Tool to View
Data in SQL Editor if the query produces an update-able resultset.

Please take a look at my project proposal and let me know what you think
about it. Any suggestions or comments about my initial thoughts or the
proposed timeline would be much appreciated:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cQssYfPWLSCKAmFwnN-jEPjlldGQtr5fbPaU788UrwM/

Presently, I am working on some of my University coursework projects and
getting ready for my examinations which will start in a couple of weeks. I
won't be able to do much beside setting up my development environment,
getting more familiar with the code, and reading about any libraries or
frameworks used that I have no experience with. I will finish my exams in
early June and I will start working immediately afterwards and try to
compensate the time I didn't work in.

I am looking forward to starting to contribute to this project. Regards.

-- 
*Yosry Muhammad Yosry*

Computer Engineering student,
The Faculty of Engineering,
Cairo University (2021).
Class representative of CMP 2021.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/yosrym93/

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 14:33:32 +0100

Hi

> I am looking forward to starting to contribute to this project. Regards.

Welcome, and congratulations on your acceptance to the program!

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company