Subject: PATCH: pgAdmin4 debian installer

From: Paresh More <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 20:50:02 +0530

Hi Team, Dave,

debian package is located @ location

pgadmin4-web
https://uploads.enterprisedb.com/download.php?file=0196f693811b57088da5ed7396cec284

pgadmin4-runtime
https://uploads.enterprisedb.com/download.php?file=958528f7c619efa7b483a6d2e0c23cd5

Attached herewith are two patches.

pgadmin4_debian.patch - This is the main patch that includes
Makefile,README,debian scripts

It will create two .deb i.e pgadmin4-runtime and pgadmin4-web.
The  pgadmin4-runtime depends on web and the web debian depends on the
python packages.
I have listed some packages which are not available on some systems so that
Devrim can build them.

The installation path for pgadmin4 is "/usr/pgadmin4/<major>.<minor>" and
pgadmin4-web is the site-packages/pgadmin4-web

As per rpm patch (*sandeep mentioned*) below is the comment which applies
same for debian.

*pgadmin4-server-ini.patch* - This is the patch for runtime/Server.cpp. As
said pgadmin4-web and runtime installation directories are different and
that means web does not exists in parallel to runtime like in sources.

*Sandeep comments*

*“I observed that the location of application settings was not defined in*
*Server.cpp. As per QSettings doc, the default location on Unix is the*
*$HOME/.config/<companyname>/<appname>.conf. Here, $HOME depends on the
user*
*that runs the application. So, I thought why not to define the application*
*settings in application directory itself. RPM then knows where to define*
*the ApplicationPath. I tested it and it worked fine with me. I haven't
done*
*this change for platform dependent*

*Another change that I did in this file is that, I observed that
canonicalPath()*
*was not giving the absolute path (by removing the sym link and the*
*redundant ".." as per doc). Hence, I used absolutePath() for the paths[i]*
*that are relative (../web, etc) and not for the already absolute path (ex.*
*ApplicationPath like /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pgadmin4-web)”*

What the patch will create ?
- It would create deb folder in pkg
- It would create Makefile, README and debian scripts

-- 

Thanks & Regards

*Paresh More*

Pune, India.
Cell :  +919922000564 |  www.enterprisedb.com

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 14:15:24 +0100

Hi

Please see my earlier comments regarding the RPM packages - many of them
apply to this patch as well:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/[email-masked]

By way of additional comment, why does pkg/deb/README include a bunch of
boiler-plate text that I wrote long ago for the top-level README? It's out
of date now, and shouldn't be in a packaging README anyway.

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Paresh More <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I have listed some packages which are not available on some systems so
> that Devrim can build them.
>
> *pgadmin4-server-ini.patch* - This is the patch for runtime/Server.cpp.
> As said pgadmin4-web and runtime installation directories are different and

-- 
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

---

From: Paresh More <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 21:46:54 +0530

Hello Dave and Devrim,

Changes are done as per discussed with Sandeep.

There are some python modules which are not available on ubuntu (through
apt-get) which is mentioned in the sheet here , We could find some packages
on web and the URLs of same have been updated in the sheet. For the
packages that are not available, we have to build them on our own.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CIYR82twj0LIUteFSZR7RE8ZbtUfvCqykXw1wy3gzE/edit#gid=1213443181

Attached is the patch for pgadmin4 debian package.  I have also attached
runtime server patch separately (This is already included in the rpm patch
sent by Sandeep)

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Dave Page <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Paresh More <[email-masked]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Team, Dave,
>>
>> As per rpm patch (*sandeep mentioned*) below is the comment which
>> applies same for debian.
>>

-- 

Thanks & Regards

*Paresh More*

Pune, India.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 17:26:18 +0100

Devrim only works on Redhat, so I'll take a look at this myself.

Thanks.

BTW - I need the completed and working Windows build scripts tomorrow AM,
my time!

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Paresh More <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Paresh More <
>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Team, Dave,
>>>
>>> The installation path for pgadmin4 is "/usr/pgadmin4/<major>.<minor>"
>>> and pgadmin4-web is the site-packages/pgadmin4-web
>>>