Subject: Building server without Apache

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:12:52 -0800

Pgadmin gurus:

I'm trying to create a canonical container image for pgAdmin4 Server.
However, using Apache is kind of heavyweight for a container.  Has
anyone run pgAdmin4 against something lighter weight?

-- 
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:25:57 +0530

> anyone run pgAdmin4 against something lighter weight?

If memory serves, the reason why we recommend Apache is that at the
time I last tested, it was the only one of Apache, Lighttpd and Nginx
which would support single-process, multi-thread WSGI apps.

Having a single process is essential, due to the global connection
manager used by pgAdmin - it's the only way we can guarantee affinity
between the user session and the database session. If you can make
that work with servers other than Apache (someone recently suggested
Gunicorn might be able to help), then I'd love to hear about it. There
are no other special requirements of pgAdmin, so really that's all
that stands in your way.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 06:50:32 +0100

On Jan 12, 2017 4:56 AM, "Dave Page" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Uwsgi might also be worth investigating. It's pretty light and supports an
hybrid model where ISTM it would work if you just set number of processes
to 1 (but I haven't tried it with pgadmin specifically.

/Magnus