Subject: Require suggestion for issue #6513

From: Rohit Bhati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 13:18:21 +0530

Hi Hackers,

I have been working on issue #6513
<https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6513> and have implemented
some changes based on user suggestions. Here’s a summary of the
modifications I made locally:

   1. *Button Label Changes*:
      - Updated the labels of the buttons to "Delete" or "Disconnect" for
      affirmative actions.
      - Changed the label "No" to "Cancel" for negative actions.
   2. *Icon Additions*:
      - Added appropriate icons for the "Disconnect" and "Delete" actions.

I would like your input on whether these changes should be applied
universally across all delete and disconnect scenarios, or if they should
be limited to just the database delete and disconnect actions.

Please find the attached screenshots showcasing the changes.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards,
Rohit Bhati

---

From: Rohit Bhati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 13:21:42 +0530

updated screenshot for delete database:-

On Thu, Nov 21, 2024 at 1:18 PM Rohit Bhati <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> <https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6513> and have
> implemented some changes based on user suggestions. Here’s a summary of the

---

From: Pravesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 13:35:03 +0530

Hi Rohit,

In the disconnect database dialog, the button label should be disconnect
not delete.

Thanks,
Pravesh

---

From: Rohit Bhati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 13:35:32 +0530

Sorry for the inconvenience, Due to a selection mistake, I have sent wrong
screenshots in my previous mail.
Please check the updated screenshot attached for disconnect and delete
database:-

---

From: Usman Khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 23:10:33 +0500

Yes, I think it would be nice to do it across all appropriate places.
'Disconnect' is available for Server and Database, while Delete is
available across all database objects in the tree area.

---

From: Rohit Bhati <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 12:41:59 +0530

Hi Dave,

I hope you're doing well. I would greatly appreciate it if you could
provide your suggestions also on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Rohit Bhati

On Thu, Nov 21, 2024 at 11:40 PM Usman Khan <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>       - Updated the labels of the buttons to "Delete" or "Disconnect"
>>       for affirmative actions.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 16:59:21 +0000

Hi Rohit!

> provide your suggestions also on this issue.

I'm fine with the button label changes. We should make sure the text is
structured consistently though:

Are you sure you want to disconnect from the database "FooBar"?

Are you sure you want to delete the database "FooBar"?

For the delete option, I would also:

- Make Cancel the default option.
- Colour the button ("danger" in the palette)

Thanks!

>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2024 at 12:48 PM Rohit Bhati <
>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hackers,
>>>

-- 
Dave Page
pgAdmin: https://www.pgadmin.org
PostgreSQL: https://www.postgresql.org
pgEdge: https://www.pgedge.com