Subject: pgAdmin / git / Code

From: Luther Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:40:42 -0700

Hi everyone! Someone in Postgres Slack suggested I send this question to
this list.

I love pgAdmin. I also love using git to track sql files, and I love VS
Code for lots of things. Other addins I have tried for Code aren't even
close to the features I like in pgAdmin, so I want to keep using pgAdmin.

Has there been consideration of integrating pgAdmin into Code as an add-in,
and/or git integration for pgAdmin?

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:57:36 +0530

Hi Luther,

VS code and pgAdmin 4 are different tools with completely different
purposes. pgAdmin is not a full fledged IDE to have git integration.
It is not very clear, so can you please elaborate the feature you want in
pgAdmin.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 5:10 AM Luther Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Has there been consideration of integrating pgAdmin into Code as an
> add-in, and/or git integration for pgAdmin?
>

-- 
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Software Architect | *edbpostgres.com*
<http://edbpostgres.com>
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a TREE"

---

From: Luther Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 21:42:49 -0700

I like to be able to easily integrate with git so that I have source code
versioning on SQL files.