Subject: [pgAdmin][RM-6088]: Migrate pgadmin4 from Flask-BabelEx to Flask-Babel >= 2.0

From: Nikhil Mohite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 16:36:08 +0530

Hi Team,

Please find the attached patch for RM-6088
<https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/6088>: Migrate pgadmin4 from
Flask-BabelEx to Flask-Babel >= 2.0.

-- 
*Thanks & Regards,*
*Nikhil Mohite*
*Software Engineer.*
*EDB Postgres* <https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*Mob.No: +91-7798364578.*

---

From: Nikhil Mohite <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:29:42 +0530

Hi Team,

I found one issue related to Flask-Babel migration.

Flask-Babel and Flask-BabelEx are causing the issue if we install them in
the same environment.
Flask-BabelEx gets installed as a dependency of Flask-Security-Too library
and currently, Flask-Security-Too doesn’t support Flask-Babel, but the
latest version (4.0 Not yet released) of Flask-Security-Too will shift to
Flask-Babel.
ref: https://github.com/Flask-Middleware/flask-security/issues/353

So I think we should hold Flask-Babel migration for now. but we can update
the FLask-BabelEx to the latest version as there is one issue related to it
this https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5997
<https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5997> we can fix it first by adding
the Flask-BabelEx minimum version in our requirements.

Regards,
Nikhil Mohite.

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 15:23:18 +0530

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 12:29 PM Nikhil Mohite <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5997> we can fix it first by
> adding the Flask-BabelEx minimum version in our requirements.
>
>
> +1