Subject: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #3411 - pgAdmin 4, Mac. The application server could not be contacted

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:09:01 +0530

Hi,

Please find the fix for #3411 - pgAdmin 4, Mac. The application server
could not be contacted

The issue is with french translation which has been taken care in the
attached patch.

Thanks,
Khushboo
diff --git a/web/pgadmin/translations/fr/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po b/web/pgadmin/translations/fr/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po
index 54c04b9..0363c0f 100644
--- a/web/pgadmin/translations/fr/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po
+++ b/web/pgadmin/translations/fr/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po
@@ -10540,8 +10540,8 @@ msgid ""
 msgstr ""
 "Taille des caractères à utiliser dans les boites de code SQL. La valeur "
 "indiquée utilise l'unité \"em\", pour laquelle 1 est la valeur relative "
-"par défaut. Par exemple, pour augmenter la taille de 20% il faut indiquer"
-" 1.2, pour la réduire de 20% indiquer 0.8. Le minimum est 0.1, le maximum"
+"par défaut. Par exemple, pour augmenter la taille de 20 pour cent il faut indiquer"
+" 1.2, pour la réduire de 20 pour cent indiquer 0.8. Le minimum est 0.1, le maximum"
 " est 10."
 
 #: pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/utils/query_tool_preferences.py:94

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 08:50:07 +0100

Hi

> The issue is with french translation which has been taken care in the

We've seen similar issues with translations before. How can we write a test
(or tests) to validate them?

One idea that springs to mind is to generate a new template against the
app, then iterate through all the translation catalogs and attempt to
translate each string that we find in the template we generated.

Alternatively, just iterate the catalogs, and grab each of the source
strings from them and attempt to translate using the same catalog.

The former method would ensure that the current state of the application
can be translated, but that of course might miss some strings in the
catalogs. The latter would validate each catalog against itself, but might
miss some strings that are in the application but haven't been merged yet
(though, that doesn't seem like it would cause a problem).

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:41:30 +0530

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We've seen similar issues with translations before. How can we write a
> test (or tests) to validate them?
>
> We can also use our messages.pot file as a template and attempt to
translate each string that we find in it against all the translation
catalogs.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:18:27 +0100

> translate each string that we find in it against all the translation

I suggested generating a new template for the test as we only occasionally
update messages.pot (typically prior to releases), so it may be out of date.

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 15:50:42 +0530

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Okay, we can implement this way.