Subject: GSoC Project Timeline and Proposal

From: Yosry Muhammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 08:40:20 +0200

Dear all,

The official coding phase for GSoC starts by May 27th. As I have stated in
my previous email, I will not be able to start working until the 2nd of
June, however, I will compensate for the lost time by working extra during
the first week or two.

Anyway, I would like to use this time to evaluate my timeline and plan and
make any necessary corrections, create milestones, etc.

I would really appreciate it if you all took the time (especially my
mentor, Mr. Page) to go through my project proposal and timeline and give
me your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks,
*Yosry Muhammad Yosry*

Computer Engineering student,
The Faculty of Engineering,
Cairo University (2021).
Class representative of CMP 2021.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/yosrym93/

---

From: Yosry Muhammad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 08:40:54 +0200

My proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cQssYfPWLSCKAmFwnN-jEPjlldGQtr5fbPaU788UrwM/edit?usp=sharing

-- 
*Yosry Muhammad Yosry*

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 09:34:48 +0100

Hi

> me your suggestions and feedback.

I think the timeline looks fine. As they say though, no battle plans
survive first contact with the enemy. The same often applies with software
engineering; expect the unexpected, and expect to change plans and adapt.

One thought that did cross my mind; I wonder if the detection of the query
result type (e.g updateable vs. non-updateable) should be handled in a
backend function? It might be useful, and perhaps easier, to have that in
the server for possible reuse, and because you'll have direct access to
psycopg2 and the database connections there.

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company