Subject: pgAdmin 4 commit: Improve handling of nulls and default values in the d

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 09:54:14 +0000

Improve handling of nulls and default values in the data editor. Fixes #2257

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdiff;h=4f9628ed436de53b1ab1a06b123755a86a8f2288
Author: Surinder Kumar <[email-masked]>

Modified Files
--------------
.../tables/templates/column/sql/9.2_plus/nodes.sql |  3 +-
.../tables/templates/column/sql/default/nodes.sql  |  3 +-
web/pgadmin/static/css/pgadmin.css                 |  2 +-
.../static/js/slickgrid/slick.pgadmin.editors.js   | 39 +++++++++++++++---
.../js/slickgrid/slick.pgadmin.formatters.js       | 46 ++++++++++++++++------
web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/__init__.py            | 25 +++++++++++-
web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/command.py             | 30 +++++++++++++-
.../tools/sqleditor/static/css/sqleditor.css       | 12 +++++-
.../sqleditor/templates/sqleditor/js/sqleditor.js  | 28 ++++++++++++-
9 files changed, 163 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Harshal Dhumal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 16:49:55 +0530

Hi,

Below code snippet from above commit assumes that we have to disable last
row after saving.

@@ -2320,6
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=blob;f=web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/templates/sqleditor/js/sqleditor.js;h=2062aa2bb909794e5d2c339aec62d2d4e8ffbc28#l2320>
+2340,10
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=blob;f=web/pgadmin/tools/sqleditor/templates/sqleditor/js/sqleditor.js;h=ba9dd4339b8d6287f454ddbde1826be1a2bea0f6;hb=4f9628ed436de53b1ab1a06b123755a86a8f2288#l2340>
@@ define(
                       grid.setSelectedRows([]);
                     }

+                    // Add last row(new row) to keep track of it
+                    if (is_added) {
+                      self.rows_to_disable.push(grid.getDataLength()-1);
+                    }

 However this is not the case all the time

For e.g
Table has some data already and If user adds new row (do not save) and then
copy past few exiting rows (at this point  newly added row no longer
remains at last position). And after saving it disable last row which is
not the newly added row.

-- 
*Harshal Dhumal*
*Sr. Software Engineer*

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 12:30:52 +0100

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Harshal Dhumal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Table has some data already and If user adds new row (do not save) and
> then copy past few exiting rows (at this point  newly added row no longer

Hmm, good point. Can you/Surinder work up a fix for that in time for the
release please?

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Surinder Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 17:19:35 +0530

> Hmm, good point. Can you/Surinder work up a fix for that in time for the
​Sure Dave, I am working on it.​

---

From: Surinder Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 19:50:28 +0530

Hi Dave,

Please find attached patch and review.

Also, I found an issue <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2399> which
logged and will work on it.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Surinder Kumar <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Below code snippet from above commit assumes that we have to disable
>>> last row after saving.
>>>
>>> @@ -2320,6

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 16:49:04 +0100

Hi

> Please find attached patch and review.

Thanks, committed.

> logged and will work on it.

Yes, I also saw that, though I found the colour was lost on paste, not
save. I also found another issue -
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2400. Can you fix that too please?

Thanks.