Subject: [PATCH] pgAgent segfault

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:55:06 +0530

Hi Dave,

While debugging the issue
<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAG7mmoxXB0DsLZyvZ7qevoG17x7bJyw2DWdd0SXEgFg2Uc993A%40mail.gmail.com>
reported by Rob, I found one segfault.
Please find the attached patch to find that fix along with another one.

1. Connection object was being accessed, which was already released.

2. Changed the logic for checking the connection object existence.

We're using "if (!ms_primaryCon)", which should convert the logic as
boolean operator explicitly, which we defined for the 'DBconn' class.

I suspect some compilers (specifically windows one) may not behave that
way, and instead of using the boolean operator, it checks for the pointer
is NULL or not.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 17:14:24 +0100

Thanks, patch applied.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 5:25 AM, Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]
> wrote:

-- 
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake