Subject: Runtime broken on Mac

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:22:13 +0100

Neel, Ashesh,

re: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdiff;h=a3e8ba93ae6968f13b331d9218d51b8e2d39f344

it seems that setting PYTHON_HOME breaks the runtime on Mac OSX. Doing
so means that the system installed Python libraries cannot be found, a
(large) number of which do not get installed into the virtualenv.

Now I could modify the package build scripts to copy or symlink all
those extra files and directories into the virtual env (I would
probably symlink, as that's what happens with the rest of the venv),
but before I do - can you remind me why we needed to explicitly set it
anyway?

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:10:42 +0530

This might explain.
https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/1392

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:12:44 +0530

Also - during beta 4 release the runtime issue was fixed only by setting
PYTHON_HOME.

On Sep 1, 2016 22:10, "Ashesh Vashi" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> re: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin4.git;a=commitdi
>> ff;h=a3e8ba93ae6968f13b331d9218d51b8e2d39f344
>>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 18:05:23 +0100

It should have fixed 1392, but it broke the community mac package (just after beta 4)

EnterpriseDB UK:http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

> On 1 Sep 2016, at 17:42, Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Also - during beta 4 release the runtime issue was fixed only by setting PYTHON_HOME.
> 
>

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 22:45:51 +0530

Sorry.
Unfortunately - we did not have access to the community build at that time.

We can test the one click installer without setting PYTHON_HOME, if that
works - we can unset it only for Mac.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>