Subject: GSoC: GUI representation of monitoring System Activity with the system_stats Extension in pgAdmin 4

From: Kunal Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:43:26 +0530

Hello

I am Kunal Garg, interested in participating in GSoC 2022 as a part of
PostgreSQL.

I am looking forward to contribute in the project titled "*GUI
representation of monitoring System Activity with the system_stats
Extension in pgAdmin 4"*, and I am in constant touch with the mentor,
Khusboo Vashi, to understand the project better, under her guidance I have
developed my proposal for the project. The proposal is attached in this
mail.

Kindly review it and let me know of potential changes that would make the
proposal more relevant and better.

I am looking forward to working on this project and am waiting in hope of a
positive response.

Yours sincerely
Kunal Garg

---

From: Ilaria Battiston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 22:35:10 +0200

Hello Kunal,

Thank you so much for your proposal! I reviewed it and it looks good. 
One minor thing to mention is that it seems to me like you are 
distributing the majority of the workload at the beginning, perhaps you 
are going to need more than a couple weeks to go through the first 
deliverables. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am not too much of an 
expert here :)

Wishing you a nice weekend!
Ilaria

On 11.04.22 15:13, Kunal Garg wrote:
> Khusboo Vashi, to understand the project better, under her guidance I 
> have developed my proposal for the project. The proposal is attached 
> in this mail.
>
> Kindly review it and let me know of potential changes that would make 
> the proposal more relevant and better.
>
> I am looking forward to working on this project and am waiting in hope 
> of a positive response.
>
> Yours sincerely
> Kunal Garg

---

From: Kunal Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:36:12 +0530

Hey Ilaria,

Thankyou so much for the review, your suggestion is quite useful. I think
when first function of the system_stat gets connected with pgadmin4, then
the process will be pretty straightforward, the longer duration of testing
will iterate over enhancing the GUI. But to be on the safer side, we will
add 2 weeks extra in the development phase.

Thank you for reviewing the proposal.

Regards
Kunal garg

On Sat, 16 Apr, 2022, 2:02 am Ilaria Battiston, <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello Kunal,
>
> Thank you so much for your proposal! I reviewed it and it looks good. One
> minor thing to mention is that it seems to me like you are distributing the
> majority of the workload at the beginning, perhaps you are going to need
> more than a couple weeks to go through the first deliverables. Please
> correct me if I am wrong, I am not too much of an expert here :)
>
> I am looking forward to working on this project and am waiting in hope of
> a positive response.
>
> Yours sincerely
> Kunal Garg
>
>