Subject: 'render_template' server_type/version resolution

From: Radoslaw Garbacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:26:18 -0600

Hi,

I have a question regarding templates resolution from subdirectories based
on server version (and type) for 'SQL' templates (e.g. for
"get_encodinds.sql" in
"web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/").

I created a subdirectory matching my pg like db version:
"web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/templates/databases/sql/8.1_plus".
I have also a specific subdir for "server_type_version" (.../dbx_8.1_plus),
however the server does not seem to be able to find it, and always defaults
to ".../templates/databases/sql/default".

When debugging, I get "self.template_path" as "databases/sql/#80102#"
(server_type: "dbx", however it's not used for "get_encodings").

So, I'd be grateful to hear how to make it find my modified
"get_encodings.sql"?
BTW: Is it OK if the directory is a link?

-- 
Best Regards,

Radoslaw Garbacz
XtremeData Incorporated

---

From: Khushboo Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 09:10:56 +0530

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 1:56 AM Radoslaw Garbacz <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> pgAdmin does not support PostgreSQL absolute versions. However if you want
to make local changes in the template loader mechanism, check the <pgAdmin
Source Dir>/web/pgadmin/utils/versioned_template_loader.py  file to
understand the template loader mapping logic.

Thanks,
Khushboo