Subject: RM-4231: Dynamically size tab titles.

From: Nikhil Mohite <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 13:22:47 +0530

Hi Team,

Regarding RM-4231:  <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4231>Dynamically
size tab titles.

I discussed with Akshay and Aditya, on that basis,
we will provide a new option "Tabs Settings" under "Browser" in
preferences, so the user can enable or disable the dynamic tab size
setting. If the user changes the setting it will get applied to all already
opened tabs and the new tabs the user will open.

We also discussed as we are introducing a new option "Tabs Settings" so we
can move all tab related setting in this section.
1. Enable dynamic tab size.
2. Placeholders for Query tool, View/Edit, and Debugger.
3. Open in a new browser tab for Debugger, Schema diff, and Query tool.
    (For this we can add multi-select dropdown)

so the user will find all tabs related actions in the same place.

Any suggestions or anything I have missed in this please let me know.

-- 
*Thanks & Regards,*
*Nikhil Mohite*
*Software Engineer.*
*EDB Postgres* <https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*Mob.No: +91-7798364578.*

---

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:11:27 +0530

Hi,

>     (For this we can add multi-select dropdown)

I think these options should be module wise OR if we want to keep this
design then have some some kind of grouping may Fieldset.?

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:42:13 +0530

Hi

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 2:11 PM Murtuza Zabuawala <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>> We also discussed as we are introducing a new option "Tabs Settings" so
>> we can move all tab related setting in this section.

   "Enable dynamic tab size" belongs to all tabs (Query Tool, Debugger,
Schema diff), so it should be generic for all. For that, we will have to
create a new option "Tab Settings", and if we are creating a new option
then according to me it would be good if all tab related settings should be
in one place. With the current implementation, if the user wants to change
the setting of "Open in new browser tab" for all modules he/she will have
to set at different places. Similarly, If the user wants to change the
placeholder it will be good to have it in one place.

    Initially, we thought of having a fieldset but for that will have to
check the feasibility, and definitely, it will take time.

-- 
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*
*pgAdmin Hacker | Sr. Software Architect*
*EDB Postgres <http://edbpostgres.com>*

*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 11:33:35 +0530

Hi Dave/Team

Anyone seeing any issue in the approach/design described here, please let
us know so that we can start implementation.