Subject: How to enable debug mode to See changes on the fly?

From: Rahul Soshte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 21:53:14 +0530

In my config_local.py I have made DEBUG_MODE = TRUE
Even then when I make changes to files in the codebase I am not able to see
the changes instantly, I gotta restart the server again and again.I dont
want to restart the server again and again to see my changes.
What do I do?

---

From: Joao De Almeida Pereira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 18:11:05 +0000

Hello Rahul,
In fact when you change python code there isn't much you can do, you need
to restart the server every time.
For the Javascript code you can have a second console open and run `yarn
bundle:watch` and it will regenerate the javascript code and you just need
to refresh the webpage on the browser.

Thanks
Victoria & Joao

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:23 PM Rahul Soshte <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Even then when I make changes to files in the codebase I am not able to
> see the changes instantly, I gotta restart the server again and again.I
> dont want to restart the server again and again to see my changes.
> What do I do?
>

---

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 09:42:43 +0530

Hi,

AFAIR we intentionally disabled it. The reason for this is that due to how
the reload mechanism works there are some side-effects which was causing
executing certain code twice.
Check commit: git log a49a3103e298fcc437

If you want to enable reloading for development purposes then you can
simply change value of  use_reloader option to true, Set use_reloader = True
in ../web/pgAdmin4.py +154

Restart pgAdmin4 and it should reload server whenever you save the changes
in python files.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company