Subject: Connection Refused Error

From: Rahul Soshte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 01:05:41 +0530

I had installed pgadmin4 from git Source repo.The First time I Installed I
was able to create a Server.But when I restarted my PC.I got this error.

Unable to connect to server:

could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I tried Installing everthing Again but got the same error.I also changed
postgresql.conf file from
listen_address="localhost"
to listen_address="*"
but it still didnt work.

What do I do?

---

From: Joao De Almeida Pereira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 19:53:21 +0000

Hello Rahul,
Did you change the /etc/postgresql/10/main/pg_hba.conf  file configuration
to allow connections? if not take a look at
https://www.thegeekstuff.com/2014/02/enable-remote-postgresql-connection/ this
should guide you but basically you need to change the METHOD to `trust` on
the 127.0.0.1 address and eventually of the ::1 as well.
If that didn't help let us know

Thanks
Joao

---

From: Rahul Soshte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 01:44:22 +0530

Hi,
I solved the bug,actually what I had done was I had installed postgresql
without the version number i.e using this command

sudo apt-get install postgresql

I uninstalled postgresql using this command

sudo apt-get remove --purge postgresql-9.6

and reinstalled with the version number i.e

sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.6

I was actually facing this issue

https://askubuntu.com/questions/50621/cannot-connect-to-postgresql-on-port-5432

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 1:23 AM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello Rahul,
> Did you change the /etc/postgresql/10/main/pg_hba.conf  file
> configuration to allow connections? if not take a look at
>> I had installed pgadmin4 from git Source repo.The First time I Installed
>> I was able to create a Server.But when I restarted my PC.I got this error.
>>