Subject: [pgAdmin][RM6131] Port query tool to React

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 15:59:40 +0530

Hi Hackers,

Attached is the initial patch that migrates the SQL Editor tool to React
based. Change highlights:
1. Complete rewrite to React code.
2. UI improvements based on suggestions and requests.
3. Work towards stability and performance improvement.
4. Keep row numbers in view when scrolling horizontally. Fixes #3989
5. Fixed status bar at the bottom with useful details. Fixes #3253
6. Relocate GIS Viewer Button to the Left Side of Results Table. Fixed #6830
7. Allow to remove single history records. Refs #4113
8. Macros usability improvements. Ref #6969
9. Connection bar visibility issue. Fixes #7188
10. Query tool layout issues. Fixes #6725

Please note, there are still few minor niggles at some places but the patch
qualified to be reviewed. We will need a good amount of time to test this
properly. So, I am sending the feature patch. JS test cases and
documentation patches will follow soon.

Please review.

-- 
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Software Architect | *edbpostgres.com*
<http://edbpostgres.com>
"Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a TREE"

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 12:15:52 +0530

Hi Aditya

I think you forgot to attach the patch.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 4:00 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please note, there are still few minor niggles at some places but the
> patch qualified to be reviewed. We will need a good amount of time to test
> this properly. So, I am sending the feature patch. JS test cases and

-- 
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*
*pgAdmin Hacker | Principal Software Architect*
*EDB Postgres <http://edbpostgres.com>*

*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 13:40:47 +0530

Please find the attached patch :)

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:54:15 +0530

Hi,

Attached is an updated one with few more improvements and fixes.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 1:40 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 12:16 PM Akshay Joshi <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aditya
>>
>>> Attached is the initial patch that migrates the SQL Editor tool to
>>> React based. Change highlights:

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 16:05:15 +0530

Hi Aditya

Following are the review comments:

*GUI:*

   - The Maximize/Minimize button on the panel should be consistent with
   other panels.
   - Scratch Pad is missing or is there any new setting to add a scratch
   pad?
   - Press "Cmd + G" on Query Tool it opens the old search bar is it still
   valid
   - 
   - In case of any error, we should move the cursor to the error location.
   We are highlighting the error row but it should be scroll to that location
   in the editor.
   - Error highlighting color should be aligned with the theme, check the
   existing color.
   - Error highlighting color is not cleared when running the successful
   query. Run "SELECT * from pg_class123" and then run "SELECT * from
   pg_class".

   - *ToolBar buttons*:
      - When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should be disabled
      as well.
      - Open any SQL file, change some text and click on the 'Save' button,
      No notifier message has been flashed that 'File saved
successfully' and the
      button does not get disabled as well.
      - Format SQL not working.
      - Clear Query keyboard shortcut not working.
      - Clicking on the 'Clear Query' menu should pop up a confirmation
      dialog 'Are you sure you wish to discard the current changes?'
      - Open any SQL file, change some text, and try to open another file,
      it should pop up a confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you wish to discard
      the current changes?'
      - When clicking on the New Query Tool button it is not opening the
      new query tool window.
      - Shortcut Key for Replace is not correct on *Windows* (Tooltip
      showing Alt + Ctrl + F) but actual is (Shift + Ctrl + F)
      - Most of the Keyboard shortcuts are not working on Windows at all.
   - *New Connection Dialog:*
      - The close button should be right-aligned.
      - Unable to test further because when selecting any disconnected
      server it should pop up the password dialog to connect and then fetch the
      details like databases, users, roles.
      - Help buttons are disabled.
   - *Query History*:
      - For some queries like 'ROLLBACK' and 'COMMIT,' Rows affected shows
      in the negative (-1).
      - *Remove All* should warn the user before removing everything "Are
      you sure you wish to remove all the history? This will remove all of your
      query histories from this and other sessions for this database."
      - Duration is missing. It should be there with the Date and Rows
      affected.
   - *Status Bar*:
      - We should display Milliseconds as well in Query Complete.
      - Total Rows: *N of N, *I always observe the same, can you please
      change it to *N *only, Or am I missing some scenario where it is
      changed?
   - *Data output*:
      - Default message "No data output......" should be shown when there
      are no rows/data, check the old behavior.
      - Extra space in the JSON Editor, even if I resize it, its height is
      not adjusted. Check the second screenshot
      -              [image:
      Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 11.29.59 AM.png]
      - *Explain*:
      - Old content should be cleared from the panel if we run the new
      query by clicking the play button. It should show an informative message,
      check the old behavior.
   - *Macros*:
      - The close button should be right-aligned.
      - Help buttons are disabled.
   - *View/Edit Data*:
   - Clipboard issues.
      - Unable to edit table data even if the primary key is defined.
      - Select All rows is missing at the left corner of the 'Data Output'
      Panel.
      - Change some data and try to save if an error comes then Spinner is
      not cleared.
      -  Filtered Rows not working. Click on the 'Filtered Rows ...'
      context menu.
      - Sort/Filter Dialog is missing.
      - Select any cell of the table content, click on any filter menu
      'Filter by selection' or 'Exclude by selection' multiple times.
It updates
      the query every time and adds the condition which is not there previously.
      - Limit (100 rows, 500 rows ...) not working. View data of any table
      having 1000+ rows and then apply the limit.
   - *Themes*:
      - Check and Fix all the issues related to the theme.
      - .
                .
      -
      - 

*Code:*

   - Fix pep8 issues.
   - Can we fix the *Deprecation Warnings?*

*Note: *Code review still remains, meanwhile you can start fixing the above
issues.

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 17:45:13 +0530

Hi Akshay,

Thank you for doing such a detailed review. Please find my comments inline
below and attached patch.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 4:05 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Fixed.

> Added. The layout lib currently does not have a context menu on the
header to add a panel. For now, you can use the reset layout button to add
the scratch pad again if closed. Context menu can be added separately
later. Reset layout will not refresh the page.

>
>    - Press "Cmd + G" on Query Tool it opens the old search bar is it
>    still valid
>    - 
>
> Fixed.

>
>    -
>    - In case of any error, we should move the cursor to the error
>    location. We are highlighting the error row but it should be scroll to that
>    location in the editor.
>
> Existing behaviour. Improvement done.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

>
>    - *ToolBar buttons*:
>       - When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should be
>       disabled as well.
>
> This is not correct. A user should be allowed to "Save as" a file even if
it is saved and save button is disabled.

>       No notifier message has been flashed that 'File saved successfully' and the
> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

>
>    - When clicking on the New Query Tool button it is not opening the new
>       query tool window.
>
> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> The existing help button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is
already added on the toolbar.

>
>    - *Query History*:
>       - For some queries like 'ROLLBACK' and 'COMMIT,' Rows affected
>       shows in the negative (-1).
>
> Based on existing. I have made it blank.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> It will now display in <hr>:<min>:<sec>.<msec> format. Fixed.

> We're fetching rows on demand. "X of N" says total X rows fetched till now
but total N are available.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> The existing help button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is
already added on the toolbar.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

>
>    -  Filtered Rows not working. Click on the 'Filtered Rows ...' context
>       menu.
>
> Fixed.

> The sort/filter dialog is present and opens when you click the filter
button. I have removed the "Sort/Filter" menu item which does the same
thing.

>       'Filter by selection' or 'Exclude by selection' multiple times. It updates
> Fixed.

> I am not able to reproduce this. Works fine.

> Fixed.

> Fixed.

> I think those are coming from bootstrap. Need to check that separately.
Not related to the query tool.

> *Note: *Code review still remains, meanwhile you can start fixing the
> above issues.
>

Forgot to mention in initial mail - I have removed dependency on Snap.svg
and have written Explain SVG codes from scratch.

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 15:12:23 +0530

Hi Hackers,

Attached is updated patch which now also includes:
Can't copy and paste row correctly if first column contains no data #7294

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 5:45 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 4:05 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>    - Error highlighting color should be aligned with the theme, check
>>    the existing color.
>>
>> Fixed.
>
>>
>> We're fetching rows on demand. "X of N" says total X rows fetched till
> now but total N are available.
>
>>
>>    - *Data output*:
>>       - Default message "No data output......" should be shown when
>>       there are no rows/data, check the old behavior.
>>
>> Fixed.
>
>>

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 15:37:03 +0530

Hi,

Please find an updated patch with PEP8 issues fixed.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 3:12 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Thank you for doing such a detailed review. Please find my comments
>> inline below and attached patch.
>>
>>>    - The Maximize/Minimize button on the panel should be consistent
>>>    with other panels.
>>>
>>> Fixed.
>>
>>>
>>>    - Scratch Pad is missing or is there any new setting to add a
>>>    scratch pad?
>>>
>>>    - Error highlighting color is not cleared when running the
>>>    successful query. Run "SELECT * from pg_class123" and then run "SELECT *
>>>    from pg_class".
>>>
>>> Fixed.
>>
>>>
>>>    - *ToolBar buttons*:
>>> This is not correct. A user should be allowed to "Save as" a file even
>> if it is saved and save button is disabled.
>>
>>>
>>>    - Open any SQL file, change some text and click on the 'Save'
>>>       button, No notifier message has been flashed that 'File saved successfully'
>>>       and the button does not get disabled as well.
>>>
>>> Fixed.
>>
>>>
>>>>>>> Please note, there are still few minor niggles at some places but
>>>>>>> the patch qualified to be reviewed. We will need a good amount of time to
>>>>>>> test this properly. So, I am sending the feature patch. JS test
>>>>>>> cases and documentation patches will follow soon.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Please review.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>> Aditya Toshniwal

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:27:14 +0530

Hi,
Attached is the patch to fix the issues raised. Few of them are pending and
will send it later.
Fixed:

   1. Add New Server Connection > Server options keep loading(For empty
   Server group).
   2. After clicking indent/Unindent(for all operations) for large query
   option left as it is till operation completes
   3. Also check sign beside options in Execute Option/Copy Header is
   little bit big
   4. In explain > Analysis tab does not show ROWS column
   5. In explain > Explain > analysis previous explain output is NOT
   cleared. New rows are appended. Same applies to the statistics tab.
   6. Update new query tool connection tool tip.(7289)
   7. Explain-Analyze > Loops column is empty.
   8. Explain-Analyze with Verbose & Costs > in ROW X columns upward arrows
   are missing.
   9. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > background colors are
   missing for timing.
   10. Explain-Analyze > Additional bullet is added before Hash Cond.
   11. Browser Tree > Filtered rows icon is not working.
   12. Create table with timestamp and default value as function now() >
   Add new row > Enter mandatory columns except column where default value is
   function(now()) > Click Save > New row added but column with default value
   has value [default]. not updated to actual value. / Default values are not
   considered for any column while adding a new entry.
   13. Disable execute options in View/Edit data.
   14. The Boolean column always shows null.
   15. In Query history Remove & Remove all buttons are stuck to each other.
   16. On Remove all, the right panel is empty.
   17. Create a column with boolean[]/ text[], Try to add a new entry from
   data grid, enter “” quotes > Click Ok > Now try edit cell > You can not
   change value.
   18. In query history - Select queries are suffixed by ’Save Data’ icon
   19. Edit any table with PK > Try to insert duplicate PK > Error thrown >
   Correct pK value > Still old error shown > Not able to add new entry (This
   works when focus is moved from edited cell)
   20. Clicking arrows after opening dropdown options, does not collapse
   dropdown.

I was not able to reproduce some of the bugs on webpack dev mode, but
reproducible on webpack prod mode bundles. After a lot of debugging it
turned out that webpack/babel transpile was changing the meaning of a piece
of code in prod mode. I tweaked the code then most issues were not
reproducible anymore.
That said, following issues were not reproducible and this fix could be the
reason:

   1. Not able to load more than 1000 rows.
   2. Find/Replace both opens the same dialogue box.
   3. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which opens text editor)
   > Scroll result grid > Click on another cell > query edior shows white
   screen & refresh is the only option left.(TypeError: Cannot read properties
   of null (reading 'querySelector')
   at getCellElement (sqleditor.js?ver=60800:1:995456))
   4. Generate script is not working for schema diff for tables with target
   only/ not working for any.(TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined
   (reading 'database'))
   5. Query results are appended in the Notification tab.
   6. Panel name is NOT updated on opening file. Panel-name should be
   filename
   7. Open a file in query tool > Open another file > Check panel name > It
   is the first file name.
   8. Incorrect CSV downloaded (film table) when CSV quotes select single
   quote from preferences. *CSV generated at backend. No changes done.*
   9. In Data grid > Add New data to cell > without clicking on other cell
   click on Add New row > previous data is gone.

Please find the comment inline for other issues:

   1. Small white line is added below Total rows status bar.
   This is an existing issue with wcDocker. It is somehow not getting the
   correct size for the query tool. You can verify this by opening query
   tool in new tab.
   2. In explain > Data output > Query Plan is editable.
   To be precise, the JSON editor is editable but does not allow saving it.
   This is inline with other editors like text editor which allows editing but
   no save.
   3. Color is NOT fainted in View/Edit data when query tool is NOT
   editable.
   This is inline with other places where the SQL is read only like the
   properties dialog SQL tab or the RE-SQL tab. Plus, greying out of SQL
   affects query readability.
   4. If data in result grid is edited & changes are reverted, then also
   Save button remain enabled/ Cell is shown in bold indicating data is edited.
   This is based on existing behaviour. A separate RM can be raised to have
   any improvement in this.
   5. When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should be disabled as
   well.
   Save and Save As are different in behaviour. You can change a file and
   save it. The save will be disabled but the user should be allowed. I also
   checked the behaviour of VS-Code and PyCharm. They never disable the "save
   as" button. After all, there is no harm in allowing a user to save as even
   if it is empty.
   6. Manage Macros - Help button is disabled. Remove SQL help button(Not
   sure).
   As I already mentioned in the review by Askhay, the existing help button
   opens the query tool help. Query tool help is already added on the
   toolbar and so this one is disabled.
   7. Macros defined in one database are shown for other databases
   also/even across servers.
   As per the existing design.
   8. Query tool notifier setting is missing in preferences.
   Previously, the total time and number of rows were shown in the
   notifier. And so, the notifier setting was added so that users can tweak it
   to keep it open for a longer time. Now, we do not show those details on the
   notifier since we have a fixed status bar for that. This setting is not
   relevant anymore.

Issues that need to be checked and pending:

   1. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > Statistics tab > % of query
   is always 0 for node type. Need to check all the calculations.
   2. In the Result grid multiple rows can not be selected with shift +
   down arrow.
   3. In Geometry Viewer , map disappears if taken to bottom.
   4. Keyboard shortcut - Focus in query tool and try Previous/Next tab is
   Not working add quotes in query tool
   5. Keyboard shortcut Switch Panel is not working

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 3:37 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>>       - Clicking on the 'Clear Query' menu should pop up a
>>>>       confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you wish to discard the current changes?'
>>>>
>>>> Fixed.
>>>
>>>>
>>>>    - Open any SQL file, change some text, and try to open another
>>>>       file, it should pop up a confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you wish to
>>>>       discard the current changes?'
>>>>
>>>> Fixed.
>>>
>>>>
>>>>    - Extra space in the JSON Editor, even if I resize it, its height
>>>>       is not adjusted. Check the second screenshot
>>>>       -              [image:
>>>>    - Select All rows is missing at the left corner of the 'Data
>>>>       Output' Panel.
>>>>
>>>> Fixed.
>>>
>>>>
>>>>    - Change some data and try to save if an error comes then Spinner
>>>>       is not cleared.
>>>>
>>>> Fixed.
>>>
>>>>
>>>>    - Limit (100 rows, 500 rows ...) not working. View data of any
>>>>       table having 1000+ rows and then apply the limit.
>>>>
>>> Forgot to mention in initial mail - I have removed dependency on
>>> Snap.svg and have written Explain SVG codes from scratch.
>>>
>>>>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:54:21 +0530

Thanks, the patch applied.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 11:27 AM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Attached is the patch to fix the issues raised. Few of them are pending
> and will send it later.
> Fixed:
>
>    8. Explain-Analyze with Verbose & Costs > in ROW X columns upward
>    arrows are missing.
>    17. Create a column with boolean[]/ text[], Try to add a new entry
>    from data grid, enter “” quotes > Click Ok > Now try edit cell > You can
>    not change value.
>    19. Edit any table with PK > Try to insert duplicate PK > Error thrown
>    > Correct pK value > Still old error shown > Not able to add new entry
>    (This works when focus is moved from edited cell)
> That said, following issues were not reproducible and this fix could be
> the reason:
>
>    3. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which opens text
>    editor) > Scroll result grid > Click on another cell > query edior shows
>    white screen & refresh is the only option left.(TypeError: Cannot read
>    properties of null (reading 'querySelector')
>    4. Generate script is not working for schema diff for tables with
>    target only/ not working for any.(TypeError: Cannot read properties of
>    undefined (reading 'database'))
>    7. Open a file in query tool > Open another file > Check panel name >
>    It is the first file name.
>    9. In Data grid > Add New data to cell > without clicking on other
>    cell click on Add New row > previous data is gone.
>
>
>    To be precise, the JSON editor is editable but does not allow saving
>    it. This is inline with other editors like text editor which allows editing
>    but no save.
>    This is based on existing behaviour. A separate RM can be raised to
>    have any improvement in this.
>    5. When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should be disabled
>    as well.
>    As I already mentioned in the review by Askhay, the existing help
>    button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is already added on
>    the toolbar and so this one is disabled.
>    1. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > Statistics tab > % of
>    query is always 0 for node type. Need to check all the calculations.
>    4. Keyboard shortcut - Focus in query tool and try Previous/Next tab
>    is Not working add quotes in query tool
>>>>>    - *Remove All* should warn the user before removing everything
>>>>>       "Are you sure you wish to remove all the history? This will remove all of
>>>>>       your query histories from this and other sessions for this database."
>>>>>
>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>       change it to *N *only, Or am I missing some scenario where it
>>>>>       is changed?
>>>>>
>>>>>       - Old content should be cleared from the panel if we run the
>>>>>       new query by clicking the play button. It should show an informative
>>>>>       message, check the old behavior.
>>>>>
>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>    - *Macros*:
>>>>> I think those are coming from bootstrap. Need to check that
>>>> separately. Not related to the query tool.
>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Attached is the initial patch that migrates the SQL Editor tool
>>>>>>>>> to React based. Change highlights:

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 18:30:34 +0530

Attached patch fixes following issues:

   1. Find/Replace both opens the same dialogue box.(by clicking menu
   option)
   2. Add New Server Connection > Server options keep loading(For multiple
   Server groups & should have some server)
   3. Fixed CSS issues of slickgrid at various places.
   4. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which opens text editor,
   leave editor open) > Scroll result grid verticall so that ediot disappaears
   > Click on another cell > query edior shows white screen & refresh is the
   only option left.(TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading
   'querySelector’) - Issue is not reproducible if you scroll horizontally
   5. C should be captial in ’<New connection…>'
   6. In pop title for New Connection, all words should be capital.(Add new
   connection)
   7. Explain > Analaysis tab > Column heading missing ROWS PLAN with cost
   & In explain only.
   8. Explain > Analaysis tab > with cost enabled > Upward arrow size does
   not match with font of number. Arrow is little bigger than number.
   9. Boolean default is not considered while ading new row.(try table from
   feature test defaults)
   10. In query history , when not query history present, warning icon size
   big. Match it to warning message - No history found
   11. Select table/db object > Open query tool from Tools menu > NOT FOUND
   error is shown. Existing issue, fixed.
   12. Any cell just open by clicking it > Do NOT change any thing > Click
   Ok > Cell is shown as edited.

Please review.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 12:54 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>    19. Edit any table with PK > Try to insert duplicate PK > Error
>>    thrown > Correct pK value > Still old error shown > Not able to add new
>>    entry (This works when focus is moved from edited cell)
>>    8. Incorrect CSV downloaded (film table) when CSV quotes select
>>    single quote from preferences. *CSV generated at backend. No changes
>>    done.*
>>    This is an existing issue with wcDocker. It is somehow not getting
>>    the correct size for the query tool. You can verify this by opening query
>>    tool in new tab.
>>    Save and Save As are different in behaviour. You can change a file
>>    and save it. The save will be disabled but the user should be allowed. I
>>    also checked the behaviour of VS-Code and PyCharm. They never disable the
>>    "save as" button. After all, there is no harm in allowing a user to save as
>>    even if it is empty.
>>    6. Manage Macros - Help button is disabled. Remove SQL help
>>    button(Not sure).
>>>>>>    - Error highlighting color should be aligned with the theme,
>>>>>>    check the existing color.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This is not correct. A user should be allowed to "Save as" a file
>>>>> even if it is saved and save button is disabled.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>    - When clicking on the New Query Tool button it is not opening
>>>>>>       the new query tool window.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We're fetching rows on demand. "X of N" says total X rows fetched
>>>>> till now but total N are available.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>    - *Data output*:
>>>>>>                       [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 1.44.10
>>>>>>       PM.png].
>>>>>>       -
>>>>>>       - 
>>>>>>                        [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 1.45.54
>>>>>>       PM.png]
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *Code:*
>>>>>>
>>>>>>    - Fix pep8 issues.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *Note: *Code review still remains, meanwhile you can start fixing
>>>>>> the above issues.
>>>>>>
>>>>>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 19:03:58 +0530

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 6:31 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>    2. Add New Server Connection > Server options keep loading(For
>    multiple Server groups & should have some server)
>    4. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which opens text
>    editor, leave editor open) > Scroll result grid verticall so that ediot
>    disappaears > Click on another cell > query edior shows white screen &
>    refresh is the only option left.(TypeError: Cannot read properties of null
>    (reading 'querySelector’) - Issue is not reproducible if you scroll
>    horizontally
>    6. In pop title for New Connection, all words should be capital.(Add
>    new connection)
>    7. Explain > Analaysis tab > Column heading missing ROWS PLAN with
>    cost & In explain only.
>    8. Explain > Analaysis tab > with cost enabled > Upward arrow size
>    does not match with font of number. Arrow is little bigger than number.
>    9. Boolean default is not considered while ading new row.(try table
>    from feature test defaults)
>    10. In query history , when not query history present, warning icon
>    size big. Match it to warning message - No history found
>    11. Select table/db object > Open query tool from Tools menu > NOT
>    FOUND error is shown. Existing issue, fixed.
>    12. Any cell just open by clicking it > Do NOT change any thing >
>    Click Ok > Cell is shown as edited.
>
> Please review.
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 12:54 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>>    2. After clicking indent/Unindent(for all operations) for large
>>>    query option left as it is till operation completes
>>>    12. Create table with timestamp and default value as function now()
>>>    > Add new row > Enter mandatory columns except column where default value
>>>    is function(now()) > Click Save > New row added but column with default
>>>    value has value [default]. not updated to actual value. / Default values
>>>    are not considered for any column while adding a new entry.
>>>    20. Clicking arrows after opening dropdown options, does not
>>>    collapse dropdown.
>>>
>>>    7. Open a file in query tool > Open another file > Check panel name
>>>    4. If data in result grid is edited & changes are reverted, then
>>>    also Save button remain enabled/ Cell is shown in bold indicating data is
>>>    edited.
>>>    5. When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should be
>>>    disabled as well.
>>>    button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is already added
>>>    on the toolbar and so this one is disabled.
>>>>>>>    - Press "Cmd + G" on Query Tool it opens the old search bar is
>>>>>>>    it still valid
>>>>>>>    - 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>       - For some queries like 'ROLLBACK' and 'COMMIT,' Rows
>>>>>>>       affected shows in the negative (-1).
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>    - Total Rows: *N of N, *I always observe the same, can you
>>>>>>>       please change it to *N *only, Or am I missing some scenario
>>>>>>>       where it is changed?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>    - Extra space in the JSON Editor, even if I resize it, its
>>>>>>>       height is not adjusted. Check the second screenshot
>>>>>>>       - 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>    - *Explain*:
>>>>>>>    - Change some data and try to save if an error comes then
>>>>>>>       Spinner is not cleared.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The sort/filter dialog is present and opens when you click the
>>>>>> filter button. I have removed the "Sort/Filter" menu item which does the
>>>>>> same thing.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Please note, there are still few minor niggles at some places
>>>>>>>>>>> but the patch qualified to be reviewed. We will need a good amount of time
>>>>>>>>>>> to test this properly. So, I am sending the feature patch. JS
>>>>>>>>>>> test cases and documentation patches will follow soon.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Please review.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>> Aditya Toshniwal

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 18:01:49 +0530

Hi,

Attached patch fixes:
1. Add min width to panels.
2. Fix issues related to New connection in query tool. Also fixed some
existing bugs related to this.

Please review.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 7:04 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>>>    1. Add New Server Connection > Server options keep loading(For
>>>>    empty Server group).
>>>>    single quote from preferences. *CSV generated at backend. No
>>>>    changes done.*
>>>>    To be precise, the JSON editor is editable but does not allow
>>>>    saving it. This is inline with other editors like text editor which allows
>>>>    editing but no save.
>>>>    This is inline with other places where the SQL is read only like
>>>>    the properties dialog SQL tab or the RE-SQL tab. Plus, greying out of SQL
>>>>    2. In the Result grid multiple rows can not be selected with shift
>>>>    + down arrow.
>>>>    4. Keyboard shortcut - Focus in query tool and try Previous/Next
>>>>    tab is Not working add quotes in query tool
>>>>>>>>    - The Maximize/Minimize button on the panel should be
>>>>>>>>    consistent with other panels.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Added. The layout lib currently does not have a context menu on
>>>>>>> the header to add a panel. For now, you can use the reset layout button to
>>>>>>> add the scratch pad again if closed. Context menu can be added separately
>>>>>>>>    - Unable to test further because when selecting any
>>>>>>>>       disconnected server it should pop up the password dialog to connect and
>>>>>>>>       then fetch the details like databases, users, roles.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>    - Duration is missing. It should be there with the Date and
>>>>>>>>       Rows affected.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>    - *Status Bar*:
>>>>>>>>       - Default message "No data output......" should be shown
>>>>>>>>       when there are no rows/data, check the old behavior.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>    - Select any cell of the table content, click on any filter
>>>>>>>>       menu 'Filter by selection' or 'Exclude by selection' multiple times. It
>>>>>>>>       updates the query every time and adds the condition which is not there
>>>>>>>>       previously.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Attached is the initial patch that migrates the SQL Editor
>>>>>>>>>>>> tool to React based. Change highlights:

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 18:17:59 +0530

Thanks, the patch applied

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 6:02 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 7:04 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>>>> Attached is the patch to fix the issues raised. Few of them are
>>>>> pending and will send it later.
>>>>> Fixed:
>>>>>
>>>>>    12. Create table with timestamp and default value as function
>>>>>    now() > Add new row > Enter mandatory columns except column where default
>>>>>    value is function(now()) > Click Save > New row added but column with
>>>>>    default value has value [default]. not updated to actual value. / Default
>>>>>    values are not considered for any column while adding a new entry.
>>>>> That said, following issues were not reproducible and this fix could
>>>>> be the reason:
>>>>>
>>>>>    7. Open a file in query tool > Open another file > Check panel
>>>>>    name > It is the first file name.
>>>>>    This is based on existing behaviour. A separate RM can be raised
>>>>>    to have any improvement in this.
>>>>>>>>>    - Shortcut Key for Replace is not correct on *Windows*
>>>>>>>>>       (Tooltip showing Alt + Ctrl + F) but actual is (Shift + Ctrl + F)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>       - Old content should be cleared from the panel if we run
>>>>>>>>>       the new query by clicking the play button. It should show an informative
>>>>>>>>>                           [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at
>>>>>>>>>       1.44.10 PM.png].
>>>>>>>>>       -
>>>>>>>>>       -

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:07:01 +0530

Attached path fixes:

   1. Failed to fetch query history error sometimes.
   2. In copy paste row, if a copied row has [null], then those are pasted
   as empty string.
   3. When Dataoutput is empty, show an empty grid.
   4. Schema diff generate script button results in empty window. Fixes
   #7306.
   5. Detach the DataOutput panel > Try editing text cell > Text editor is
   hidden behind data output panel

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 6:18 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>>>    6. In pop title for New Connection, all words should be
>>>>    capital.(Add new connection)
>>>>>>    3. Also check sign beside options in Execute Option/Copy Header
>>>>>>    is little bit big
>>>>>>    9. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > background colors
>>>>>>    are missing for timing.
>>>>>>    17. Create a column with boolean[]/ text[], Try to add a new
>>>>>>    entry from data grid, enter “” quotes > Click Ok > Now try edit cell > You
>>>>>>    can not change value.
>>>>>>    6. Panel name is NOT updated on opening file. Panel-name should
>>>>>>    be filename
>>>>>>    9. In Data grid > Add New data to cell > without clicking on
>>>>>>    other cell click on Add New row > previous data is gone.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>    This is an existing issue with wcDocker. It is somehow not
>>>>>>    getting the correct size for the query tool. You can verify this by opening
>>>>>>    query tool in new tab.
>>>>>>    Save and Save As are different in behaviour. You can change a
>>>>>>    file and save it. The save will be disabled but the user should be allowed.
>>>>>>    I also checked the behaviour of VS-Code and PyCharm. They never disable the
>>>>>>    button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is already
>>>>>>    added on the toolbar and so this one is disabled.
>>>>>>    1. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > Statistics tab > %
>>>>>>    of query is always 0 for node type. Need to check all the calculations.
>>>>>>    2. In the Result grid multiple rows can not be selected with
>>>>>>    shift + down arrow.
>>>>>>>>> Thank you for doing such a detailed review. Please find my
>>>>>>>>> comments inline below and attached patch.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    - Press "Cmd + G" on Query Tool it opens the old search bar
>>>>>>>>>>    is it still valid
>>>>>>>>>>    - 
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>    - In case of any error, we should move the cursor to the
>>>>>>>>>>    error location. We are highlighting the error row but it should be scroll
>>>>>>>>>>    to that location in the editor.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>       - When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should
>>>>>>>>>>       be disabled as well.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    - Open any SQL file, change some text, and try to open
>>>>>>>>>>       another file, it should pop up a confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you wish
>>>>>>>>>>       to discard the current changes?'
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    - When clicking on the New Query Tool button it is
>>>>>>>>>>       not opening the new query tool window.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> The existing help button opens the query tool help. Query tool
>>>>>>>>> help is already added on the toolbar.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    - *Query History*:
>>>>>>>>>>    - *Remove All* should warn the user before removing
>>>>>>>>>>       everything "Are you sure you wish to remove all the history? This will
>>>>>>>>>>       remove all of your query histories from this and other sessions for this
>>>>>>>>>>       database."
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>       please change it to *N *only, Or am I missing some
>>>>>>>>>>       scenario where it is changed?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> The existing help button opens the query tool help. Query tool
>>>>>>>>> help is already added on the toolbar.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    - *View/Edit Data*:
>>>>>>>>>>    - Clipboard issues.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    -  Filtered Rows not working. Click on the 'Filtered Rows
>>>>>>>>>>       ...' context menu.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>    - Limit (100 rows, 500 rows ...) not working. View data of
>>>>>>>>>>       any table having 1000+ rows and then apply the limit.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>       1.45.54 PM.png]
>>>>>>>>>> *Note: *Code review still remains, meanwhile you can start
>>>>>>>>>> fixing the above issues.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:12:45 +0530

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 6:07 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>    2. In copy paste row, if a copied row has [null], then those are
>    pasted as empty string.
>    5. Detach the DataOutput panel > Try editing text cell > Text editor
>    is hidden behind data output panel
>
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 6:18 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>>>>    9. Boolean default is not considered while ading new row.(try
>>>>>    table from feature test defaults)
>>>>>    10. In query history , when not query history present, warning
>>>>>    icon size big. Match it to warning message - No history found
>>>>>>>    5. In explain > Explain > analysis previous explain output is
>>>>>>>    NOT cleared. New rows are appended. Same applies to the statistics tab.
>>>>>>>    8. Explain-Analyze with Verbose & Costs > in ROW X columns
>>>>>>>    upward arrows are missing.
>>>>>>> I was not able to reproduce some of the bugs on webpack dev mode,
>>>>>>> but reproducible on webpack prod mode bundles. After a lot of debugging it
>>>>>>>    4. Generate script is not working for schema diff for tables
>>>>>>>    with target only/ not working for any.(TypeError: Cannot read properties of
>>>>>>>    As I already mentioned in the review by Askhay, the existing
>>>>>>>    help button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is
>>>>>>>    already added on the toolbar and so this one is disabled.
>>>>>>>>>>>    - Scratch Pad is missing or is there any new setting to add
>>>>>>>>>>>    a scratch pad?
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> This is not correct. A user should be allowed to "Save as" a
>>>>>>>>>> file even if it is saved and save button is disabled.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>    - Open any SQL file, change some text and click on the
>>>>>>>>>>>       'Save' button, No notifier message has been flashed that 'File saved
>>>>>>>>>>>       successfully' and the button does not get disabled as well.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> We're fetching rows on demand. "X of N" says total X rows
>>>>>>>>>> fetched till now but total N are available.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Data output*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please note, there are still few minor niggles at some
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> places but the patch qualified to be reviewed. We will need a good amount
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> of time to test this properly. So, I am sending the feature patch. JS

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:05:47 +0530

Hi,

Attached path fixes:

   1. In Dark mode > Replace/Find dialogue forward & reverse buttons are
   stuck to each other.
   2. In Dark/High contrast mode > Checkbox is not visible for false value.
   3. Wrap toolbar when size goes very small.
   4. Replace functionality does not work when tried in sequence 2 times.
   Codemirror search is not cyclic. So, changes are made to always search from
   the start.
   5. Replace all does not work when tried in sequence 2 times. Same
   reason as above.
   6. Fix broken macros $SELECTION$ feature.
   7. Make query history SQL readonly.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 6:13 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>>>>>    1. Find/Replace both opens the same dialogue box.(by clicking
>>>>>>    menu option)
>>>>>>    8. Explain > Analaysis tab > with cost enabled > Upward arrow
>>>>>>    size does not match with font of number. Arrow is little bigger than number.
>>>>>>    11. Select table/db object > Open query tool from Tools menu >
>>>>>>    NOT FOUND error is shown. Existing issue, fixed.
>>>>>>>> That said, following issues were not reproducible and this fix
>>>>>>>> could be the reason:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>    3. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which opens
>>>>>>>>    text editor) > Scroll result grid > Click on another cell > query edior
>>>>>>>>    shows white screen & refresh is the only option left.(TypeError: Cannot
>>>>>>>>    read properties of null (reading 'querySelector')
>>>>>>>>    3. Color is NOT fainted in View/Edit data when query tool is
>>>>>>>>    NOT editable.
>>>>>>>>    This is inline with other places where the SQL is read
>>>>>>>>    only like the properties dialog SQL tab or the RE-SQL tab. Plus, greying
>>>>>>>>    out of SQL affects query readability.
>>>>>>>>    4. If data in result grid is edited & changes are reverted,
>>>>>>>>    then also Save button remain enabled/ Cell is shown in bold indicating data
>>>>>>>>    is edited.
>>>>>>>>    This is based on existing behaviour. A separate RM can be
>>>>>>>>    raised to have any improvement in this.
>>>>>>>>    4. Keyboard shortcut - Focus in query tool and try
>>>>>>>>    Previous/Next tab is Not working add quotes in query tool
>>>>>>>>>>>> Added. The layout lib currently does not have a context menu
>>>>>>>>>>> on the header to add a panel. For now, you can use the reset layout button
>>>>>>>>>>> to add the scratch pad again if closed. Context menu can be added
>>>>>>>>>>> separately later. Reset layout will not refresh the page.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Error highlighting color should be aligned with the
>>>>>>>>>>>>    theme, check the existing color.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Select All rows is missing at the left corner of the
>>>>>>>>>>>>       'Data Output' Panel.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:22:39 +0530

Please ignore the previous patch. Attached is the new one.
Fixes:

   8. The Filter dialog save button should be disabled when opened.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 3:05 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 6:13 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>>>>>>    12. Any cell just open by clicking it > Do NOT change any thing
>>>>>>>>>    2. After clicking indent/Unindent(for all operations) for
>>>>>>>>>    large query option left as it is till operation completes
>>>>>>>>>    3. Also check sign beside options in Execute Option/Copy
>>>>>>>>>    Header is little bit big
>>>>>>>>>    19. Edit any table with PK > Try to insert duplicate PK >
>>>>>>>>>    Error thrown > Correct pK value > Still old error shown > Not able to add
>>>>>>>>>    new entry (This works when focus is moved from edited cell)
>>>>>>>>>    6. Panel name is NOT updated on opening file. Panel-name
>>>>>>>>>    should be filename
>>>>>>>>>    8. Incorrect CSV downloaded (film table) when CSV quotes
>>>>>>>>>    select single quote from preferences. *CSV generated at
>>>>>>>>>    backend. No changes done.*
>>>>>>>>>    7. Macros defined in one database are shown for other
>>>>>>>>>    databases also/even across servers.
>>>>>>>>>    Previously, the total time and number of rows were shown in
>>>>>>>>>    the notifier. And so, the notifier setting was added so that users can
>>>>>>>>>    tweak it to keep it open for a longer time. Now, we do not show those
>>>>>>>>>    details on the notifier since we have a fixed status bar for that. This
>>>>>>>>>    setting is not relevant anymore.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>    1. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > Statistics tab >
>>>>>>>>>    % of query is always 0 for node type. Need to check all the calculations.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Scratch Pad is missing or is there any new setting to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    add a scratch pad?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Press "Cmd + G" on Query Tool it opens the old search
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    bar is it still valid
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       should be disabled as well.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Duration is missing. It should be there with the Date
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       and Rows affected.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Status Bar*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Default message "No data output......" should be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       shown when there are no rows/data, check the old behavior.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 11.29.59
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       AM.png]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Explain*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Old content should be cleared from the panel if we
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       run the new query by clicking the play button. It should show an
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       informative message, check the old behavior.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Macros*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Select any cell of the table content, click on any
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       filter menu 'Filter by selection' or 'Exclude by selection' multiple times.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       It updates the query every time and adds the condition which is not there
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       previously.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>                               [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       at 1.44.10 PM.png].
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - 
>>>>>>>>>>>> Forgot to mention in initial mail - I have removed dependency
>>>>>>>>>>>> on Snap.svg and have written Explain SVG codes from scratch.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Attached is the initial patch that migrates the SQL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Editor tool to React based. Change highlights:

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:29:53 +0530

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 4:23 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>    4. Replace functionality does not work when tried in sequence 2
>>    times. Codemirror search is not cyclic. So, changes are made to always
>>    search from the start.
>>>>    4. Schema diff generate script button results in empty window.
>>>>    Fixes #7306.
>>>>    5. Detach the DataOutput panel > Try editing text cell > Text
>>>>    editor is hidden behind data output panel
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>> 2. Fix issues related to New connection in query tool. Also fixed
>>>>>> some existing bugs related to this.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please review.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>    4. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which opens
>>>>>>>>    text editor, leave editor open) > Scroll result grid verticall so that
>>>>>>>>    ediot disappaears > Click on another cell > query edior shows white screen
>>>>>>>>    & refresh is the only option left.(TypeError: Cannot read properties of
>>>>>>>>    null (reading 'querySelector’) - Issue is not reproducible if you scroll
>>>>>>>>    horizontally
>>>>>>>>>>    1. Add New Server Connection > Server options keep
>>>>>>>>>>    loading(For empty Server group).
>>>>>>>>>>    9. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > background
>>>>>>>>>>    colors are missing for timing.
>>>>>>>>>>    7. Open a file in query tool > Open another file > Check
>>>>>>>>>>    panel name > It is the first file name.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Error highlighting color is not cleared when running
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    the successful query. Run "SELECT * from pg_class123" and then run "SELECT
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    * from pg_class".
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *ToolBar buttons*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The existing help button opens the query tool help. Query
>>>>>>>>>>>>> tool help is already added on the toolbar.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Query History*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Total Rows: *N of N, *I always observe the same, can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       you please change it to *N *only, Or am I missing some
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Extra space in the JSON Editor, even if I resize it,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       its height is not adjusted. Check the second screenshot
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The existing help button opens the query tool help. Query
>>>>>>>>>>>>> tool help is already added on the toolbar.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *View/Edit Data*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Clipboard issues.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The sort/filter dialog is present and opens when you click
>>>>>>>>>>>>> the filter button. I have removed the "Sort/Filter" menu item which does
>>>>>>>>>>>>> the same thing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Limit (100 rows, 500 rows ...) not working. View data
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       of any table having 1000+ rows and then apply the limit.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       at 1.45.54 PM.png]

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:52:50 +0530

Hi,

Attached patch disables the "Save results" button when there are no rows.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 4:30 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>>    1. In Dark mode > Replace/Find dialogue forward & reverse buttons
>>>    are stuck to each other.
>>>>>>>>>    12. Any cell just open by clicking it > Do NOT change any
>>>>>>>>>    thing > Click Ok > Cell is shown as edited.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Please review.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>    5. In explain > Explain > analysis previous explain output
>>>>>>>>>>>    is NOT cleared. New rows are appended. Same applies to the statistics tab.
>>>>>>>>>>>    12. Create table with timestamp and default value as
>>>>>>>>>>>    function now() > Add new row > Enter mandatory columns except column where
>>>>>>>>>>>    default value is function(now()) > Click Save > New row added but column
>>>>>>>>>>>    with default value has value [default]. not updated to actual value. /
>>>>>>>>>>>    Default values are not considered for any column while adding a new entry.
>>>>>>>>>>> I was not able to reproduce some of the bugs on webpack dev
>>>>>>>>>>> mode, but reproducible on webpack prod mode bundles. After a lot of
>>>>>>>>>>> debugging it turned out that webpack/babel transpile was changing the
>>>>>>>>>>> meaning of a piece of code in prod mode. I tweaked the code then most
>>>>>>>>>>> issues were not reproducible anymore.
>>>>>>>>>>>    To be precise, the JSON editor is editable but does not
>>>>>>>>>>>    allow saving it. This is inline with other editors like text editor which
>>>>>>>>>>>    allows editing but no save.
>>>>>>>>>>>    Save and Save As are different in behaviour. You can change
>>>>>>>>>>>    a file and save it. The save will be disabled but the user should be
>>>>>>>>>>>    allowed. I also checked the behaviour of VS-Code and PyCharm. They never
>>>>>>>>>>>    disable the "save as" button. After all, there is no harm in allowing a
>>>>>>>>>>>    user to save as even if it is empty.
>>>>>>>>>>>    1. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > Statistics tab
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Added. The layout lib currently does not have a context
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> menu on the header to add a panel. For now, you can use the reset layout
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> button to add the scratch pad again if closed. Context menu can be added
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       you please change it to *N *only, Or am I missing
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       some scenario where it is changed?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Change some data and try to save if an error comes
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       then Spinner is not cleared.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -  Filtered Rows not working. Click on the 'Filtered
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       Rows ...' context menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                                 [image: Screenshot
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       2022-03-17 at 1.44.10 PM.png].
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                                [image: Screenshot
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       2022-03-17 at 1.45.54 PM.png]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *Code:*
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Fix pep8 issues.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:02:43 +0530

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 5:53 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 4:30 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>>>>>>>>>    2. Add New Server Connection > Server options keep
>>>>>>>>>>    loading(For multiple Server groups & should have some server)
>>>>>>>>>>    10. In query history , when not query history present,
>>>>>>>>>>    warning icon size big. Match it to warning message - No history found
>>>>>>>>>>    11. Select table/db object > Open query tool from Tools menu
>>>>>>>>>>>>    17. Create a column with boolean[]/ text[], Try to add a
>>>>>>>>>>>>    new entry from data grid, enter “” quotes > Click Ok > Now try edit cell >
>>>>>>>>>>>>    You can not change value.
>>>>>>>>>>>>    20. Clicking arrows after opening dropdown options, does
>>>>>>>>>>>>    not collapse dropdown.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>    4. Generate script is not working for schema diff for
>>>>>>>>>>>>    tables with target only/ not working for any.(TypeError: Cannot read
>>>>>>>>>>>>    properties of undefined (reading 'database'))
>>>>>>>>>>>>    9. In Data grid > Add New data to cell > without clicking
>>>>>>>>>>>>    on other cell click on Add New row > previous data is gone.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>    3. Color is NOT fainted in View/Edit data when query tool
>>>>>>>>>>>>    is NOT editable.
>>>>>>>>>>>>    5. When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as' should
>>>>>>>>>>>>    be disabled as well.
>>>>>>>>>>>>    As I already mentioned in the review by Askhay, the
>>>>>>>>>>>>    existing help button opens the query tool help. Query tool help is
>>>>>>>>>>>>    2. In the Result grid multiple rows can not be selected
>>>>>>>>>>>>    with shift + down arrow.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - In case of any error, we should move the cursor to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    the error location. We are highlighting the error row but it should be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    scroll to that location in the editor.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is not correct. A user should be allowed to "Save as"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a file even if it is saved and save button is disabled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - For some queries like 'ROLLBACK' and 'COMMIT,'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       Rows affected shows in the negative (-1).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Forgot to mention in initial mail - I have removed
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dependency on Snap.svg and have written Explain SVG codes from scratch.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:12:25 +0530

Hi,

Attached patch fixes:
1. Filter dialog doesn't work in edit mode (getting back end errors),
reverting it back to create mode of SchemaView.
2. Enable the copy button when a cell is selected.
3. Exclude, Include related fixes.

Please review.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 6:02 PM Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>    1. Find/Replace both opens the same dialogue box.(by
>>>>>>>>>>>    clicking menu option)
>>>>>>>>>>>    8. Explain > Analaysis tab > with cost enabled > Upward
>>>>>>>>>>>    arrow size does not match with font of number. Arrow is little bigger than
>>>>>>>>>>>    number.
>>>>>>>>>>>    9. Boolean default is not considered while ading new
>>>>>>>>>>>    row.(try table from feature test defaults)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Attached is the patch to fix the issues raised. Few of them
>>>>>>>>>>>>> are pending and will send it later.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    3. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    opens text editor) > Scroll result grid > Click on another cell > query
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    edior shows white screen & refresh is the only option left.(TypeError:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelector')
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    4. If data in result grid is edited & changes are
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    reverted, then also Save button remain enabled/ Cell is shown in bold
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    indicating data is edited.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Save and Save As are different in behaviour. You can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    change a file and save it. The save will be disabled but the user should be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    6. Manage Macros - Help button is disabled. Remove SQL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    help button(Not sure).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Previously, the total time and number of rows were shown
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    in the notifier. And so, the notifier setting was added so that users can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    1. Explain-Analyze with all option checked > Statistics
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    tab > % of query is always 0 for node type. Need to check all the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    calculations.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Scratch Pad is missing or is there any new setting
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    to add a scratch pad?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Press "Cmd + G" on Query Tool it opens the old
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    search bar is it still valid
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Clicking on the 'Clear Query' menu should pop up
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       a confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you wish to discard the current
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       changes?'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Duration is missing. It should be there with the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       Date and Rows affected.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Status Bar*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       11.29.59 AM.png]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Old content should be cleared from the panel if
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       we run the new query by clicking the play button. It should show an
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Limit (100 rows, 500 rows ...) not working. View
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       data of any table having 1000+ rows and then apply the limit.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I think those are coming from bootstrap. Need to check
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that separately. Not related to the query tool.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *Note: *Code review still remains, meanwhile you can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> start fixing the above issues.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pgAdmin Hacker | Software Architect |
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *edbpostgres.com* <http://edbpostgres.com>

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:40:57 +0530

Hi,

Please ignore the previous patch, attached is the updated one.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 1:12 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 6:02 PM Akshay Joshi <
>>>>>>>>    2. In copy paste row, if a copied row has [null], then
>>>>>>>>    those are pasted as empty string.
>>>>>>>>>>>>    7. Explain > Analaysis tab > Column heading missing ROWS
>>>>>>>>>>>>    PLAN with cost & In explain only.
>>>>>>>>>>>>    11. Select table/db object > Open query tool from Tools
>>>>>>>>>>>>    menu > NOT FOUND error is shown. Existing issue, fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    5. In explain > Explain > analysis previous explain
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    output is NOT cleared. New rows are appended. Same applies to the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    statistics tab.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    8. Explain-Analyze with Verbose & Costs > in ROW X
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    columns upward arrows are missing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That said, following issues were not reproducible and this
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fix could be the reason:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    This is an existing issue with wcDocker. It is somehow
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    not getting the correct size for the query tool. You can verify this by
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    opening query tool in new tab.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Error highlighting color is not cleared when
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    running the successful query. Run "SELECT * from pg_class123" and then run
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    "SELECT * from pg_class".
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *ToolBar buttons*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is not correct. A user should be allowed to "Save
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> as" a file even if it is saved and save button is disabled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Open any SQL file, change some text and click on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       the 'Save' button, No notifier message has been flashed that 'File saved
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Open any SQL file, change some text, and try to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       open another file, it should pop up a confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       wish to discard the current changes?'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Total Rows: *N of N, *I always observe the same,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       can you please change it to *N *only, Or am I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       missing some scenario where it is changed?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Extra space in the JSON Editor, even if I resize
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       it, its height is not adjusted. Check the second screenshot
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Select All rows is missing at the left corner of
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       the 'Data Output' Panel.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The sort/filter dialog is present and opens when you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> click the filter button. I have removed the "Sort/Filter" menu item which
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> does the same thing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please note, there are still few minor niggles at
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some places but the patch qualified to be reviewed. We will need a good
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> amount of time to test this properly. So, I am sending the feature patch. JS

---

From: Aditya Toshniwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:25:56 +0530

Hi,

Please find the rebased patch.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:40 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>>>>>    1. In Dark mode > Replace/Find dialogue forward & reverse
>>>>>>>    buttons are stuck to each other.
>>>>>>>    5. Replace all does not work when tried in sequence 2 times.
>>>>>>>    Same reason as above.
>>>>>>>>>>> 2. Fix issues related to New connection in query tool. Also
>>>>>>>>>>> fixed some existing bugs related to this.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Please review.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    4. Try to edit cell with char varying data type(which
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    opens text editor, leave editor open) > Scroll result grid verticall so
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    that ediot disappaears > Click on another cell > query edior shows white
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    of null (reading 'querySelector’) - Issue is not reproducible if you scroll
>>>>>>>>>>>>>    horizontally
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    2. After clicking indent/Unindent(for all operations)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    for large query option left as it is till operation completes
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    19. Edit any table with PK > Try to insert duplicate PK
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    9. In Data grid > Add New data to cell > without
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    clicking on other cell click on Add New row > previous data is gone.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    3. Color is NOT fainted in View/Edit data when query
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    tool is NOT editable.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    This is based on existing behaviour. A separate RM can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    be raised to have any improvement in this.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    5. When the Save button is disabled then 'Save as'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you for doing such a detailed review. Please find
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my comments inline below and attached patch.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - The Maximize/Minimize button on the panel should
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    be consistent with other panels.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Error highlighting color should be aligned with
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    the theme, check the existing color.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Clicking on the 'Clear Query' menu should pop
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       up a confirmation dialog 'Are you sure you wish to discard the current
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       changes?'
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Shortcut Key for Replace is not correct on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       *Windows* (Tooltip showing Alt + Ctrl + F) but
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       actual is (Shift + Ctrl + F)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The existing help button opens the query tool help.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Query tool help is already added on the toolbar.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Query History*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> We're fetching rows on demand. "X of N" says total X
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rows fetched till now but total N are available.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Data output*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Default message "No data output......" should
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       be shown when there are no rows/data, check the old behavior.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 11.29.21
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       AM.png]             [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       at 11.29.59 AM.png]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Explain*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The existing help button opens the query tool help.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Query tool help is already added on the toolbar.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *View/Edit Data*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Clipboard issues.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:37:33 +0530

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 4:26 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>    4. Schema diff generate script button results in empty
>>>>>>>>>>    window. Fixes #7306.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    3. Also check sign beside options in Execute
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Option/Copy Header is little bit big
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    17. Create a column with boolean[]/ text[], Try to add
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    a new entry from data grid, enter “” quotes > Click Ok > Now try edit cell
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    20. Clicking arrows after opening dropdown options,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    does not collapse dropdown.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    6. Panel name is NOT updated on opening file.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Panel-name should be filename
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    7. Open a file in query tool > Open another file >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Check panel name > It is the first file name.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    8. Incorrect CSV downloaded (film table) when CSV
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    quotes select single quote from preferences. *CSV
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    generated at backend. No changes done.*
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    Previously, the total time and number of rows were
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    shown in the notifier. And so, the notifier setting was added so that users
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    can tweak it to keep it open for a longer time. Now, we do not show those
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Scratch Pad is missing or is there any new
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    setting to add a scratch pad?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Added. The layout lib currently does not have a
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> context menu on the header to add a panel. For now, you can use the reset
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> layout button to add the scratch pad again if closed. Context menu can be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> added separately later. Reset layout will not refresh the page.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - In case of any error, we should move the cursor
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    to the error location. We are highlighting the error row but it should be
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - When the Save button is disabled then 'Save
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       as' should be disabled as well.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       AM.png]             [image: Screenshot
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       2022-03-17 at 11.29.59 AM.png]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - *Explain*:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - Old content should be cleared from the panel
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       if we run the new query by clicking the play button. It should show an
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Change some data and try to save if an error
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       comes then Spinner is not cleared.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -  Filtered Rows not working. Click on the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       'Filtered Rows ...' context menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Select any cell of the table content, click on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       any filter menu 'Filter by selection' or 'Exclude by selection' multiple
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       times. It updates the query every time and adds the condition which is not
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       there previously.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 1.43.01
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       PM.png].                            [image:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 1.44.10 PM.png].
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       - [image: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 1.44.53
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       PM.png]                             [image:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>       Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 1.45.54 PM.png]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *Code:*
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    - Fix pep8 issues.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Attached is the initial patch that migrates the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SQL Editor tool to React based. Change highlights: