Subject: Pip install dont work for some reason

From: bajro lisić <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 14:47:11 +0200

When I try to install this is what I get I guess its issue with supported
versions

```
(pgadmin4) archlinux% pip install pgadmin4
Collecting pgadmin4
  Downloading pgadmin4-8.11-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (2.9 kB)
ERROR: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
line 105, in _run_wrapper
    status = _inner_run()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py",
line 96, in _inner_run
    return self.run(options, args)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py",
line 67, in wrapper
    return func(self, options, args)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py",
line 379, in run
    requirement_set = resolver.resolve(
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/resolver.py",
line 95, in resolve
    result = self._result = resolver.resolve(
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 546, in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, max_rounds=max_rounds)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 397, in resolve
    self._add_to_criteria(self.state.criteria, r, parent=None)
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py",
line 173, in _add_to_criteria
    if not criterion.candidates:
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/structs.py",
line 156, in __bool__
    return bool(self._sequence)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 174, in __bool__
    return any(self)
           ^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 162, in <genexpr>
    return (c for c in iterator if id(c) not in self._incompatible_ids)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/found_candidates.py",
line 53, in _iter_built
    candidate = func()
                ^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/factory.py",
line 186, in _make_candidate_from_link
    base: Optional[BaseCandidate] = self._make_base_candidate_from_link(
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/factory.py",
line 232, in _make_base_candidate_from_link
    self._link_candidate_cache[link] = LinkCandidate(
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 303, in __init__
    super().__init__(
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 158, in __init__
    self.dist = self._prepare()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 247, in _prepare
    self._check_metadata_consistency(dist)
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py",
line 229, in _check_metadata_consistency
    list(dist.iter_dependencies(list(dist.iter_provided_extras())))
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/metadata/importlib/_dists.py",
line 220, in iter_dependencies
    elif any(req.marker.evaluate(context) for context in contexts):
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_internal/metadata/importlib/_dists.py",
line 220, in <genexpr>
    elif any(req.marker.evaluate(context) for context in contexts):
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 325, in evaluate
    return _evaluate_markers(self._markers, current_environment)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 211, in _evaluate_markers
    groups[-1].append(_evaluate_markers(marker, environment))
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 225, in _evaluate_markers
    groups[-1].append(_eval_op(lhs_value, op, rhs_value))
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/markers.py",
line 183, in _eval_op
    return spec.contains(lhs, prereleases=True)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py",
line 552, in contains
    normalized_item = _coerce_version(item)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.py",
line 28, in _coerce_version
    version = Version(version)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File
"/home/bajro/pgadmin4/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pip/_vendor/packaging/version.py",
line 202, in __init__
    raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: '{version}'")
pip._vendor.packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version:
'6.10.7-arch1-1'
```

---

From: Yogesh Mahajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 20:59:48 +0530

Hi,

To resolve the issue , kindly use the pip version less than 24.01.

Thanks,
Yogesh Mahajan
EnterpriseDB