Subject: Azure AD authentication using app registration

From: Asmita Thapliyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:49:32 +0530

Hello!

I don't see Azure AD authentication using app registration is available for
pgadmin4. I see other authentication mechanisms via LDAP, OAUTH2 and
kerberos.
Could you let me know if there is a possibility of enabling it?

Regards,
Asmita

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 09:43:17 +0100

Hi

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 at 09:35, Asmita Thapliyal <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I don't see Azure AD authentication using app registration is
> available for pgadmin4. I see other authentication mechanisms via LDAP,
> OAUTH2 and kerberos.

We don't support Azure AD auth, and currently have no plans to add it.
You're welcome to add a feature request at
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues, but it's unlikely
any of the regular developers will work on it in the near future.

However, you can (in theory - I've never tested it) use Azure Active
Directory Domain Services to allow applications to authenticate using
Kerberos. See
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/itops-talk-blog/deep-dive-how-azure-ad-kerberos-works/ba-p/3070889

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

---

From: Asmita Thapliyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 14:51:44 +0530

Thank you Dave for your reply!
Can it use OAUTH2 authentication available with Azure AD? I see only
options available in OAUTH2 are for google & github.
If it can be enabled could you give me some pointers on how to start
incorporating this change?

Thanks,
Asmita

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 2:13 PM Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues, but it's
> unlikely any of the regular developers will work on it in the near future.
>

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 09:15:57 +0100

Hi

> options available in OAUTH2 are for google & github.

Those are just examples. It should work with any OAuth2 provider.

> incorporating this change?

Sorry, I have no idea how to do that in Azure.

>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 at 09:35, Asmita Thapliyal <
>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>