Subject: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Add formatted error message support in psycopg2

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 20:09:08 +0530

Hi All

While implementing Query Tool, I came to know we need error message's with
some extra information and also I have faced one issue regarding
asynchronous connection polling. I have added support for formatted error
message and also fixed the issue.

Attached is the patch file. Please review it and let me know the review
comments if any.

-- 
*Akshay Joshi*
*Principal Software Engineer *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:37:40 +0530

Hi

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> Attached is the patch file. Please review it and let me know the review

   Apart from above, today I fixed one more issue. In case of user cancel
the running transaction, poll function of psycopg2 returns
psycopg2.extensions.POLL_OK, which is mislead by the caller of the
function, so I have added one flag which will be true if user purposely
cancel the transaction and from our poll function we return new status i.e.
ASYNC_CANCEL_TRANSACTION.

 Attached is the modified patch. Please review it and if it looks good
please commit it.

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:55:01 +0530

Hi

Please ignore the last two patches, While implementing Query Tool I have
found one more issue in poll function when run queries like "create table"
, "insert table". I have added exception handling before fetching the row
from the cursor directly.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Akshay Joshi <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb
> .com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> While implementing Query Tool, I came to know we need error message's
>> with some extra information and also I have faced one issue regarding

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 15:53:33 +0530

Hi Akshay,

I've update the patch a little bit as discussed offline.
Also, renamed the variable 'is_cancel_transaction' to 'execution_aborted',
and enum value to 'ASYNC_EXECUTION_ABORTED'.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 17:17:49 +0530

Hi

> and enum value to 'ASYNC_EXECUTION_ABORTED'.

   As per our discussion I have modified the logic and attached is the
updated patch.
  Please review it.

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Akshay Joshi <
>>>    Apart from above, today I fixed one more issue. In case of user
>>> cancel the running transaction, poll function of psycopg2 returns

---

From: Ashesh Vashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:31:11 +0530

Committed with minor change.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb
> .com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Akshay,
>>
>> Also, renamed the variable 'is_cancel_transaction' to
>> 'execution_aborted', and enum value to 'ASYNC_EXECUTION_ABORTED'.
>>
>
>>>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@
>>>> enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi All
>>>>>
>>>>> Attached is the patch file. Please review it and let me know the
>>>>> review comments if any.
>>>>>
>>>>