Subject: [patch] update table name in confirmation dialog for 'Reset Statistics' and 'Truncate Table'

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 14:47:31 +0530

Hi All

I have found one issue where table name is not displaying in the confirmation
dialog when user click on "Reset Statistics" and "Truncate/Truncate
cascade". Confirmation dialog shows below message:

   - Are you sure you want to truncate table {}?
   - Are you sure you want to reset the statistics for table {}?

Also header is missing for "Truncate/Truncate cascade" confirmation dialog.
Attached is the patch file to fix that above. Please review it.

-- 
*Akshay Joshi*
*Principal Software Engineer *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

-- 
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 10:30:46 +0100

Hi

Please see the discussion here: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2308

Would moving to the client-side translation mechanism help here? We need to
do that anyway - and it's been added since the previous discussion.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Akshay Joshi <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Also header is missing for "Truncate/Truncate cascade" confirmation
> dialog. Attached is the patch file to fix that above. Please review it.
>
> --
> *Akshay Joshi*
> *Phone: +91 20-3058-9517 <+91%2020%203058%209517>Mobile: +91 976-788-8246
> <+91%2097678%2088246>*
>
>
> --

-- 
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 15:07:18 +0530

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Dave Page <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Would moving to the client-side translation mechanism help here? We need
> to do that anyway - and it's been added since the previous discussion.
>

   OK, at least we should checked-in code for showing title of the
confirmation dialog for "Truncate".

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 10:53:12 +0100

> confirmation dialog for "Truncate".

Right, but it doesn't work. See the first comment in the bug.

---

From: Akshay Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 15:33:25 +0530

> Right, but it doesn't work. See the first comment in the bug.

    I am talking about the header title of the confirmation dialog. If we
click on Truncate table without opening any alertify dialog header shows "
AlertifyJS" and if any other alertify dialog opens before then it shows the
header title of that dialog even if user clicks on Truncate. Please refer
attached screenshot.

---

From: Dave Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 13:42:01 +0100

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Akshay Joshi <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>> Would moving to the client-side translation mechanism help here? We
>>>> need to do that anyway - and it's been added since the previous discussion.
>>>>
>>>
> AlertifyJS" and if any other alertify dialog opens before then it shows
> the header title of that dialog even if user clicks on Truncate. Please
> refer attached screenshot.
>

Oh, sure - that can be fixed. The other part does need resolution as well
though.